Black Friday Game Purchases

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Death Stranding is SO SO good and addictive, I fucking love it.  I'm shocked how good it is, been burning out for 10 hours playing this.   Honestly if it gets only better I can't see how thi

Hot Sauce has been converted, the first of many. We did it Mad 

Ike, Days Gone has a gyro controller assisted aiming system after the latest patch. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Death Stranding is SO SO good and addictive, I fucking love it.  I'm shocked how good it is, been burning out for 10 hours playing this.

Honestly if it gets only better I can't see how this is not GOTY. I was sceptical of the gameplay, but its awesome. 

Chapter 3 is when everybody says it starts to get good, but chapter 6 is when I actually started to enjoy it. So, depending on how far you got in those 10 hours, you've got two pretty significant gameplay upgrade points to look forward to.

54 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Chapter 3 is when everybody says it starts to get good, but chapter 6 is when I actually started to enjoy it. So, depending on how far you got in those 10 hours, you've got two pretty significant gameplay upgrade points to look forward to.

You up in the mountains? I had some real intense gameplay moments in that area.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You up in the mountains? I had some real intense gameplay moments in that area.

I was, but then I had an order to the robotist who had a standard order to the weather station. I figured I'd just connect the two by zip lines since that'll make getting in and out of the mountains easy. Then I figured I might as well connect the weather station to the south knot distro centre. From there I figured I might as well go back around the long way you took to get up to the mountains since that'll help other players like me who made the mistake of not doing that prior making the second trek through that path with Mama.

I got a bit distracted. :ben:

Edited by Hot Sauce
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

I was, but then I had an order from the robotist to the weather station. Which lead me to connect the two by zip lines, then I figured I might as well connect the weather station to the south knot distro centre. From there I figured I might as well go back around the long way you took to get up to the mountains since that'll help other players like me who made the mistake of not doing that prior making the second trek through that path with Mama.

Efficiently placing zip lines to link places together was one of the most satisfying things in the game. The flow of the gameplay changes in such a cool way during that part of the game.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I was, but then I had an order to the robotist who had a standard order to the weather station. I figured I'd just connect the two by zip lines since that'll make getting in and out of the mountains easy. Then I figured I might as well connect the weather station to the south knot distro centre. From there I figured I might as well go back around the long way you took to get up to the mountains since that'll help other players like me who made the mistake of not doing that prior making the second trek through that path with Mama.

That gameplay loop is probably one of the most rewarding and fun loops I've had in a while. The feedback systems of the gameplay is just so well made. Both in regards to how satisfying it is to then use your built systems but also getting the instant feedback in likes from other players. The fact the theme of the game is connections just makes it all that much better because it's gameplay loop feeds perfectly into the theme. 

Fucking GOTY and maybe GOTG

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Efficiently placing zip lines to link places together was one of the most satisfying things in the game. The flow of the gameplay changes in such a cool way during that part of the game.

Yeah, the load capacity limit does a lot to make it interesting over just plopping them down everywhere. I had a zip line like 100 feet away from the weather station because my previous zip line hit the 300 meter limit, but like that just wasn't good enough so I walked my ass back up the mountain to shift it over a bit so I could have the end point just on the edge of the weather station's circle. Felt great.

It's great to be able to make these quick and easy paths for yourself and strangers on your own. I don't know if I was just unlucky or if it's par for the course for the areas south of the south knot distro centre and the path up through the mountains, but man fucking nobody was contributing to roads in my world. Like I'm talking walking up to a auto paver and it's like 300/3360 metals kind of bad. Just made the latter half of chapter 3 and that initial run up through the mountains in chapter 5 kind of tedious because there seemed to be a lot of just hard stops to where you could take vehicles and the amount of materials I needed to complete those roads myself was just too much.

Now I actually feel like I have the freedom to really connect these places together and oh boy does it feel good to make that trip from mountain knot to the south knot distro in a couple minutes compared to walking it. :D

The zip line is such a game changer that it makes me really want to go back to that first area and knock out all those deliveries just because I can. I was just trying to get through ASAP to see how the Higgs and Fragile thing played out a half dozen hours ago, but now I want to spend hours just doing side stuff.

24 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That gameplay loop is probably one of the most rewarding and fun loops I've had in a while. The feedback systems of the gameplay is just so well made. Both in regards to how satisfying it is to then use your built systems but also getting the instant feedback in likes from other players. The fact the theme of the game is connections just makes it all that much better because it's gameplay loop feeds perfectly into the theme. 

Fucking GOTY and maybe GOTG

I don't think I'm quite on the GOTY/GOTG train quite yet, but the loop has gotten satisfying enough to me that I already know tomorrow I'm going to zip line to as many auto pavers as I can and just ferry supplies from the waystations/distro centres/bunkers/etc. to get roads up for people. I probably won't have any need for them, but I want the likes and I know how important those roads are so I want other people to have that available to them. It just really nails the communal aspect better than anything I've played since like vanilla WoW.

• Like 1