Debate - Is MS going into next gen with good will or they are blowing it?

8 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

The biggest game pass defenders seem to be PC gamers on forums since they get them for 1 dollar and don't have to get an XBox lol. I'd be happy if I was a PC gamer and could get God Of War on PC day 1 on Steam as well.

Say what you want about One, but people bought it regardless assuming that they would get a console for 6-7 years with a library of exclusives. There was value in that. Plus MS is sticking to cross gen for the foreseeable future which is a weakness compared to Sony.

lmfao yea xbox was a wonderful console at launch because back then there was still hope. :kaz: 

Ms bought up a bunch of trams and gamepass is fantastic . They arent launching with gimmick accessories and the will match ps5 price . Also getting more japanese support. 

I'm not really sure how one would think otherwise 

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Ms bought up a bunch of trams and gamepass is fantastic . They arent launching with gimmick accessories and the will match ps5 price . Also getting more japanese support. 

:mj: 

There will be a bunch of games from the new studios early next year / gen.

Gamepass library will me massive . It only continues to get better .

They will push play anywhere , with xcloud .

Buy a game , play on your tv , your pc , your phone or tablet , anywhere you want 

Launching with Halo 

Compared to 

Kinect and TV stuff 

You guys are kidding yourself lmao . 

Also shitting on gamepass is fucking retarded.  If nintendo or Sony put all 1st party day one you guys would absolutely sign up.  You wouldnt be crying about games being devalued then . Lol , idiots . 

Edited by JONBpc
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

2 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Everything is true.  Xbox will beat sony in Godmerica next gen that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Buy a game , play on your tv , your pc , your phone or tablet , anywhere you want 

Launching with Halo 

Compared to 

Kinect and TV stuff 

Also shitting on gamepass is fucking retarded.  If nintendo or Sony put all 1st party day one you guys would absolutely sign up.  You wouldnt be crying about games being devalued then . Lol , idiots . 

:sabu:

They need to really work on their first party lineup. I think that’s thier problem. They’re obviously trying but what Sony and Nintendo are releasing reguarly right now really diesent compare.

id say what they’ve done with game pass is pretty good, but they need to do a lot more to turn things around.

i think competition is always good for the consumer so I’d like to see a real battle next gen, between all 3

Microsoft started doing bad will by 2010-2012  right when they begin to top the market with the 360.  They started this gen freefalling and have hit the creek.   Only reason MS is there in the console market would be to give SONY some kind of competition. 

If MS were to leave the console market, SONY will definitely drive the price to their console since they will be the only avenue for modern console gaming. 

The console market is looking like Intel vs AMD from 2013 in the CPU market.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
8 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Launching with Halo 

Compared to 

Kinect and TV stuff 

:kaz:

Dude said this better than me, I think XBox games on PC is going to hurt Scarlett big time. If PlayStation is losing people to PC over the gen, imagine XBOX when it comes to the big spenders and hardcore. Not the pops and mom's that buy this shit on black Friday.

"Andrew House stated back in 2016 that the Pro was created because back around 2009-2010, they noticed an exodus of high-spending hardcore gamers to the PC, and expected the same thing to happen adorns 2016-2017. They needed to create a more powerful upgrade console to convince those people to stick around in the PlayStation ecosystem and keep buying stuff. That's what the Pro was made for - the "4K console" stuff is just how they choose to market the increase in power at the time. The same issue will once again rear its head around 2023-2024, and they'll need to respond to it with a PS5 Pro lest all their biggest customers leave for the PC. They don't need 4K or 8K specifically - there are other ways to market power."