Engagdet: Google Stadia vs. Microsoft xCloud: Real-world comparison

On the surface, xCloud and Stadia are two functional cloud gaming services that offer different types of experiences. As it stands, xCloud is for Android owners and Microsoft fans, while Stadia is for folks with high data allowances who want to play gaming's greatest hits on 4K TVs. The biggest hurdle for either service lies in messaging.

The Stadia launch has been largely underwhelming because Google promised too much, too soon. Saying all games would play at 4K and 60fps only set players up for disappointment when their favorite titles played in upscaled 4K instead. Streaming a game as vast and detailed as Red Dead Redemption 2 at this quality is truly an accomplishment, but compared with Google's stated 4K goals, the experience falls short.

Microsoft, meanwhile, is streaming games at 720p to a limited pool of devices, and xCloud feels like a success. This isn't necessarily because it functions better than Stadia -- in fact, xCloud is slightly more sluggish and not as pretty as Google's service. The big difference is, Microsoft isn't dangling a 4K carrot in front of its early players. It's taking things slow and steady.

We all know how that race turns out.

Damn.... XCloud is worse than Stadia... lemmings can't win at anything :feelsbadman:

"This isn't necessarily because it functions better than Stadia -- in fact, xCloud is slightly more sluggish and not as pretty as Google's service.

Edited by Goukosan
33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Damn.... XCloud is worse than Stadia... lemmings can't win at anything :feelsbadman:

"This isn't necessarily because it functions better than Stadia -- in fact, xCloud is slightly more sluggish and not as pretty as Google's service.

It’s like shit vs vomit. 

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

It's almost as if there are latency differences depending on where you are and your distance to a server, and one is in beta running on hardware for testing while the other is a full retail product. 

40 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's almost as if there are latency differences depending on where you are and your distance to a server, and one is in beta running on hardware for testing while the other is a full retail product. 

and currently XCloud runs at a lower res and on less devices and has more lag :shrug:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

and currently XCloud runs at a lower res and on less devices and has more lag :shrug:

and it's not released...and currently costs nothing and has way better games :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_

Xloud worked fine.  Looked good and not much lag but console games are.rough on a small phone screen .

Xcloud game library shits on stadia and it's in beta and cost nothing.  

I cant really judge until I can play on my PC monitor or tv tho . Fuck playing on phone screens

It's time for MS to just go away, honestly I'm sick of their shit. they're clinging to this industry by a thread, and the only thing they bring to the table is to water down the experiences we have now, take away retail and physical, infuse their sjw bullshit into every game and just make gaming worse in general.

Seriously, Phil Spencer and his clown posse are cancer. Just downright morons who have no clue what they're doing, their entire business plan is just to sink the industry to their level. It's disgusting and it needs to be stopped.

Fuck you Phil and MS.

8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think Gouk understands latency relative to server location 

She tested it in Phoenix AZ. I don't think you understand how embarassing this is if Stadia is beating Microsoft already in the Southwest

fAYze85.png

She couldn't have picked a better location for hundreds of miles, this is from the map.buildazure.com website, and the center of their southwest region is listed there north of Phoenix. And the amount of people beta testing xCloud in the Southwest is probably the smallest amount of people in the Beta.

And Stadia still beat them. That's embarrassing.

8 hours ago, JONBpc said:

Xloud worked fine.  Looked good and not much lag but console games are.rough on a small phone screen .

Xcloud game library shits on stadia and it's in beta and cost nothing.  

I cant really judge until I can play on my PC monitor or tv tho . Fuck playing on phone screens

xcloud does not work fine, I've shown videos of this multiple times.

During peak hours........xcloud is embarassing.

During non-peak hours, it can work:

Edited by jehurey
3 hours ago, jehurey said:

She tested it in Phoenix AZ. I don't think you understand how embarassing this is if Stadia is beating Microsoft already in the Southwest

fAYze85.png

She couldn't have picked a better location for hundreds of miles, this is from the map.buildazure.com website, and the center of their southwest region is listed there north of Phoenix. And the amount of people beta testing xCloud in the Southwest is probably the smallest amount of people in the Beta.

And Stadia still beat them. That's embarrassing.

xcloud does not work fine, I've shown videos of this multiple times.

During peak hours........xcloud is embarassing.

During non-peak hours, it can work:

How fast is your internet ? I have 400 down and it indeed worked fine when I tried it . I'm sure it won't be perfect at all times and for everyone . Thats the nature of game streaming .