Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jehurey

The Witcher Netflix series is receiving early praise, makes "Game of Thrones look like two drunks fighting"

Recommended Posts

Just now, madmaltese said:

Sand Snakes were supposed to be the best fighters in the realm :feelsbadman:  

the show excelled at large scale battles. however, close quarter ones...not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

the show excelled at large scale battles. however, close quarter ones...not so much. 

Witcher will probably be the opposite considering budget differences. Thankfully most of Witcher fight scenes should be close quarter combat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmaltese said:

Witcher will probably be the opposite considering budget differences. Thankfully most of Witcher fight scenes should be close quarter combat.  

tru dat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-02 at 3:54 PM, Goukosan said:

GOT as a serious on a whole is great.  Even the one or two so so seasons is better than 99% pf shows"

Was those the seasons you could see Daenerys nude?  

 

I never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones, I only gathered that from bits and pieces I heard on Howard Stern Show.   Show didn't sound too appealing, perhaps a bit too fiction for me.  

 

I did enjoy the show Spartacus, especially the early season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-02 at 6:36 PM, madmaltese said:

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!

 

Regarding the comparison to GoT fight scenes. Saying it is better isn't saying much consider this was some of the quality of the fight scenes (non giant battle scenes) in GoT:

 

:D

 

I mean you literally picked the worse fight scene in the series and used it as a bar to compare..... obviously people are comparing the best scenes not the worse. 

 

All the sand snakes fights were terrible, thankfully they only had a few fights and were killed off after that. 

Edited by Goukosan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I mean you literally picked the worse fight scene in the series and used it as a bar to compare..... obviously people are comparing the best scenes not the worse. 

 

All the sand snakes fights were terrible, thankfully they only had a few fights and were killed off after that. 

None of the close quarter combat fights are great. The amazing big budget battles are distorting your judgement. All are really bad, one swing, cut shot, stand, one swing, cut shot, etc. Even from S1:

 

 

The Oberyn vs Mountain fight is the same. It's great because of what happens not because the fight choreography is any good.

 

Also being thankful that the Sand Snakes (best fighters in the books) were handled so badly that it was a good thing they just killed them and move on so quickly is not a positive. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

None of the close quarter combat fights are great. The amazing big budget battles are distorting your judgement. All are really bad, one swing, cut shot, stand, one swing, cut shot, etc. Even from S1:

 

 

The Oberyn vs Mountain fight is the same. It's great because of what happens not because the fight choreography is any good.

 

Also being thankful that the Sand Snakes (best fighters in the books) were handled so badly that it was a good thing they just killed them and move on so quickly is not a positive. 

 

None of the close quarter fights are good he says :grimaceleft:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

None of the close quarter fights are good he says :grimaceleft:

 

 

 

Still not that good....and that's probably the best one in 8 seasons. 

Don't know why GoT fanboys are so sensitive to criticism .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not just that the choreography is slow and those poor actors are moving around like their wrists aren't strong enough to swing those weapons.

 

Game of Thrones cinematography, and in that "best" fight scene, its lighting..........its just pathetic. It literally looks like they went out to an open field and just started swing swords around.

 

It looks like an open area where the Power Rangers would fight Putties back in 1994.

 

The Witcher is just flat-out superior in every way. It makes sense that they put real effort, because Geralt is a professional killer, but at the same time soldiers would also be profecient at fighting.

 

Look at this scene. Its not even close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Still not that good....and that's probably the best one in 8 seasons. 

Don't know why GoT fanboys are so sensitive to criticism .

There's criticism and then they're bad takes like this "All are really badone swing, cut shot, stand, one swing, cut shot, etc. " :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never watched got but everyone says it like the best show ever . So I'm not surprised to see people shitting on it and praising a fucking Witcher 

...a fuckikg witcher tv show as being better 

 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There's criticism and then they're bad takes like this "All are really badone swing, cut shot, stand, one swing, cut shot, etc. " :shrug:

The fight scene you just posted is mostly just that other than one zoomed out shot with multiple strokes while walking. And again we are talking about 1 out of 8 seasons. GoT does have shit fight choreography, that's not even debatable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The fight scene you just posted is mostly just that other than one zoomed out shot with multiple strokes while walking. And again we are talking about 1 out of 8 seasons. GoT does have shit fight choreography, that's not even debatable. 

"one swing, cut shot stand" :jokercat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this appears to be the single-most complex piece of fight choreography in one shot in what is supposed to be the single best actual non-CGI'd fight scene in  Game of Thrones.

 

1WpD7R.gif

 

:tophat2:So now let's compare it with your average performance at Medieval Times.

 

 

 

C'mon, man.:francis:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cares about the fight scenes in Game of Thrones? Lmfao. 

 

The first 5 seasons of GoT is the best. I seriously doubt this Witcher show will come any close to that level of quality storytelling. Unless it's as good as Witcher 3's, which I seriously doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×