It's a good time to start shopping for a gaming PC build

AMD CPU prices are on sale on Amazon.

Ryzen 7 3800X is currently $329 .       That's the price I spent for the 3700X back on the July 7th launch.  :fistshake:

Ryzen 5 3600X is currently $199 .          That was the price of the R5 3600 which is now $185.  

Last gen, Ryzen 5 2600X is $119,  the R5 2600 is $117.  :|       Why they couldn't price the X that way 3 months ago when I bought a 2nd R5 2600 for my 3rd rig, I wouldn't have to bother overclocking it.

15 hours ago, JONBpc said:

I wouldnt buy anything PC related stuff until late next year 

I don't see why you wouldn't, if you buy mid-to-high end parts today or a  year ago it will run well into next console gen and be better. 

PCs

PCIe GEN 2             GEN 3                           GEN4                    GEN5

2009--------------------2014----------------------2019--------------2024------

8th gen CONSOLES based on AMD hardware from GEN2

2012-----------------------------------2020

I doubt mid range will hold up long into next gen . The 2080 cards will , anything less than that I doubt it .

I'm hoping my cpu is good enough for next gen so I can just get a new psu and video card .

4 hours ago, JONBpc said:

I doubt mid range will hold up long into next gen . The 2080 cards will , anything less than that I doubt it .

I'm hoping my cpu is good enough for next gen so I can just get a new psu and video card .

The mid ranges from 2 years ago and GCN based GPUs still hold up today   ( GTX 1070, GTX 1070 Ti, RX 590, VEGA 56)

Certainly the mid ranges of this year will hold well into next gen.  (GTX 1660 Ti, RTX 2060, RTX 2070, RX 5700, RX 5700XT)

Don't think for minute that Next gen console are going to give you high-end CPU/GPU results.  :D

Edited by The Mother Fucker
1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Next gen consoles are going to stomp the mid range cards .

My 2060 now cant even max some games at 108060

Do you think next gen games will deliver MAX ULTRA quality equivalent to high end PC?    

That pendulum of consoles having a graphic advantage , when has that ever been.  Because when  you think about it, it's never. 

3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

seems like a poor time, within 11 months PS5 will be out and outclassing the spec of PCs, and it will actually have exclusive games.

Certainly not in terms of CPU as my OP,  a Ryzen 5 2600 at $117 will go a long way from being old hat.  

I'm about to pair one of my R5 with a RTX 2080.   

You guys and your love for being ripped off by consoles, I don't get it. Don't you see you're being had into buying a next gen box that will likely equal medium quality next to decently build mid-range PC. 

Now SONY's exclusive, that's a whole another subject, one which I don't really care to discuss.  I had my taste of SONY's exclusives with PS3, and I can live without them to be honest.

How much power does it require to operate an AMD GPU under full load, and how power-efficient are those Ryzens?

Its very simple, there's no way those new consoles are going to be over 200W-220W in terms of power consumption. More realistically, they probably won't be over 180W.

An RX 5700 desktop GPU is consuming 225W, and that barely matches the power of a RTX 2060., if not slightly exceeding it.

I don't see the consoles having GPUs that are more powerful than that.

Also, wasn't nVidia trying to get their 3xxx series launched by June 2020?

Just need Cyberpunk 2077 to have a 3 month delay so that everything lines up nicely.