Guinness World Records: PlayStation is the best selling console ever with over 450m units sold

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this confirms VGChartz is a legitimate source now  

SONY  

If it weren't for Nintendo and SEGA fucking up.  

SONY would not be getting acknowledge for this Guinness record. 

Think about it.  

1. Had Nintendo or SEGA said Yes to SONY when they came to them to work on CD add-on or joint console.   Then poof.  None of this would be here.   SONY fanbase would likely be carved between Nintendo and SEGA.

2. Had SEGA not fuck up the 5th generation system launch so bad.  Not launch Saturn 4 months ahead at $399, but waited to September 1995, added both Genesis-32X and SEGA CD backward compatibility and said the console would be $299.     This would stop the mass exodus of SEGA to SONY (that I myself was apart) , I remember shaking my head at those who stayed on with Saturn and then watching them react to SEGA's notorious early discontinues. 

3.  Nintendo should have just bled a little monetary wise during the N64 era and should have just put out massive storage size cartridges, you thought Resident Evil 2 was something, imagine them being able to go 1 to 1 with SEGA and SONY's disc based systems with providing redbook audio, full motion video on N64 carts.    This would have certainly kept 3rd party developers coming to Nintendo 64.  Heck Squaresoft might have kept Final Fantasy VII for Nintendo. 

4. SEGA should have kept Dreamcast going in the US.  This move would have considerably kept PS2 numbers from growing, it would have also locked out XBOX as Microsoft would had few titles, few employers (they poached from SEGA).

Edited by The Mother Fucker