BREAKING: Microsoft is STILL planning to hold back gaming next gen, will release a disc-less Scarlett model afterall

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-microsoft-is-still-planning-a-cheaper-disc-less-next-gen-xbox.157039/

All this after the hatred and backlash against the XBONE SAD edition. The gall of this company to just keep pushing their rejected ideas no matter what anyone says.

these guys are truly out of touch and probably downright hate games, gamers and this industry.

it's time to go MS, you'll soon be joining Google and Nokia in game-hell.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the other codename, Pumpernickel?

Its probably going to be the 1080p box that they can sell for cheaper.  Because if its going to be a download-only console, then they probably shouldn't be downloading 4K textures.

It's apparently not a discless Scarlett but a lower, weaker model.

"When speaking to Kotaku, one game developer briefed on Lockhart analogized it to the PlayStation 4 Pro in terms of raw graphical power, although there are other key differences that might make up for that. Lockhart is said to have a solid-state drive, like both Anaconda and Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 5, which is expected to have a significant impact on loading times. Developers briefed on Lockhart also say it has a faster CPU than any current video game console, which could allow for higher frame-rates, although there are other factors that might not become clear until the console is completely finalized, such as clock speed and cooling.

Microsoft’s ideal target performances are said to be 4K resolution and 60 frames-per-second on Anaconda and 1440p resolution and 60 frames-per-second on Lockhart. (That doesn’t mean that every single game on these consoles will live up to that performance—it’s the target that Microsoft is pushing developers to hit.)"

Just now, Team 2019 said:

You're hyping a system with the raw tflop count of the PS4 Pro. :laff:

Now I'm not . Show me where I hyped it . Also prove it's real.  Its clear you dont believe insiders anymore :D

MUNUd_f7_reasonably_small.jpg

And it’s started….this week I brought my Project Scarlett console home and it's become my primary console, playing my games, connecting to the community and yes, using my Elite Series 2 controller, having a blast. Great work by the team, 2020 is going to be an incredible year.
1:28 am · 5 Dec 2019
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Jason Schreier

*close tab*

The sources say it's coming in 2021, only the high end model is launching. I'm still on the fence that this thing will happen, I think they are considering it if it's real. Maybe it's existence will be determined by the high end model sales?

Something sounds off about the whole thing, it makes sense on one hand on the other, it doesn't.

Edited by Team 2019
Just now, Team 2019 said:

Also ray tracing on a 4tflop Navi GPU. 520p incoming? Even the high end models have me sceptical on ray tracing.

Compute demands scale quite linearly with resolution.

Also hold back gaming how? If the thing does exist it appears it will be an exact clone of Anaconda in all measures except GPU which means games can be developed EXACTLY THE SAME bar a difference in resolution. 

Don't quit your day job Aza.