Best explaination of why Hideo Kojima is an absolute joke when it comes to his storytelling

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No it really is. MGS3 story is godly. Fact.   The plot is streamlined and easy to understand, the twists aren't forced or ridiculous in nature, the characters are easily the best in the seri

Yes everything you are talking about is cinematography and directing. And you are being nitpicky as fuck about a 16 years old PS2 game. I don't think anyone is comparing Kojima to Stanley Kubrick or A

Lmao wtf is Jehurey smoking.

MGS3 is amazing and the story is fucking great, even to this day, you have no fucking idea. It's by far the best thing Kojima has ever written. The only other that comes close is MGS1 but it's still comes at a distant second.

The rest of the series you can make a mockery of, I don't care, I enjoy them but I wouldn't defend them. 2 was kinda crazy and dumb, 4 was really dumb and 5 was forgettable as fuck.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thete are no triple A games with stories as ambitious as what Kojima puts out so he deserves respect for that, even if they aren’t always cohesive and elegantly told.

What about AAAA games like Disco Elysium? It's all been written before by everyone so why are you saying there are no stories is as ambitious as Hideo's?

Don't you mean -"eloquently told"?

Edited by Optimus Jim
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I mean most people just beat or are playing Death Stranding, and pretty much everyone will agree the directing and acting are anything but a joke.

Wrong, it's probably both. You can say anything and it would be true.

33 minutes ago, Ramza said:

MGS3 is amazing and the story is fucking great, even to this day, you have no fucking idea.

No it isn't.  You're probably right, though, that its probably the best thing Kojima has ever written, that doesn't mean anything of value.

I know for a fact that you guys do not really consider his stories any good.

You would be too embarassed to tell the story to anybody who isn't a video gamer, and even then........that's one thing I've noticed about Kojima fans (I'll explain below).

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thete are no triple A games with stories as ambitious as what Kojima puts out so he deserves respect for that, even if they aren’t always cohesive and elegantly told.

Not even YOU GUYS talk about Metal Gear's story IN THESE FORUMS.

14 years............never once saw a thread or any back and forth discussion on it.

That's how I know you guys don't really think about his stories from any actual critical point of view.  You'll talk about MOMENTS in a game, maybe a piece of dialogue here and there.

But for the better part of the 2000's, it was David Hayter's voice that made you guys think it was "cool." He sold the dialogue.

None of you would even dare talk about MGS story with a straight-face.

Its anime, and I actually more respect for anime now than 10 years ago, because there's been some really trascendent anime that has broken into the mainstream.

And so my opinion has now been adjusted to placing Hideo Kojima's in the lower-tier of 80's/90's era anime.

16 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

What about AAAA games like Disco Elysium? It's all been written before by everyone so why are you saying there are no stories is as ambitious as Hideo's?

Don't you mean -"eloquently told"?

To be fair DIsco Elysium didn't cross my mind because its sort of a high end indie game. I wouldn't consider it Triple A like I wouldn't consider the Zero Escape series Triple A (even though it has a very complex story as well).

Edited by Twinblade
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't. 

No it really is. MGS3 story is godly. Fact.

The plot is streamlined and easy to understand, the twists aren't forced or ridiculous in nature, the characters are easily the best in the series, there are terrific, unforgettable scenes.

It's almost like Kojima has nothing to do with it at times. Or maybe taking places before the other games allowed for a more grounded, less convoluted story, which is why it's the best.

It's really silly that you're trying to argue with me when you haven't even experienced Snake Eater for yourself. That would be like someone arguing that Star Wars isn't great despite never have watched Empire Strikes Back. Like shut the fuck up and go educate yourself. Then come back.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.  You're probably right, though, that its probably the best thing Kojima has ever written, that doesn't mean anything of value.

I know for a fact that you guys do not really consider his stories any good.

You would be too embarassed to tell the story to anybody who isn't a video gamer, and even then........that's one thing I've noticed about Kojima fans (I'll explain below).

Not even YOU GUYS talk about Metal Gear's story IN THESE FORUMS.

14 years............never once saw a thread or any back and forth discussion on it.

That's how I know you guys don't really think about his stories from any actual critical point of view.  You'll talk about MOMENTS in a game, maybe a piece of dialogue here and there.

But for the better part of the 2000's, it was David Hayter's voice that made you guys think it was "cool." He sold the dialogue.

None of you would even dare talk about MGS story with a straight-face.

Its anime, and I actually more respect for anime now than 10 years ago, because there's been some really trascendent anime that has broken into the mainstream.

And so my opinion has now been adjusted to placing Hideo Kojima's in the lower-tier of 80's/90's era anime.

There has been plenty of actual praise and reminiscing about MGS' story on here, but its silly to randomly discuss its detail years later. That rarely happens with any game.

Also, the series pre-dates this forum but I definitely remember MGS4 getting talked about A TON when it released back in 08. 5 not so much but everyone agrees that its the low point when it comes to the storytelling.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

To be fair DIsco Elysium didn't cross my mind because its sort of a high end indie game. I wouldn't consider it Triple A like I wouldn't consider the Zero Escape series Triple A (even though it has a very complex story as well).

"sort of an indie game". Meaning it is and it isn't. Just like you can't say anything with certainty because this whole thing is kind of a joke. It's not AAA, it's AAAA.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No it really is. MGS3 story is godly. Fact.

The plot is streamlined and easy to understand, the twists aren't forced or ridiculous in nature, the characters are easily the best in the series, there are terrific, unforgettable scenes.

It's almost like Kojima has nothing to do with it at times. Or maybe taking places before the other games allowed for a more grounded, less convoluted story, which is why it's the best.

It's really silly that you're trying to argue with me when you haven't even experienced Snake Eater for yourself. That would be like someone arguing that Star Wars isn't great despite never have watched Empire Strikes Back. Like shut the fuck up and go educate yourself. Then come back.

Nearly every interaction between Snake and The Boss in 3 is god tier level storytelling :bow:

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nearly every interaction between Snake and The Boss in 3 is god tier level storytelling :bow:

Every cutscenes are godly.

Some of the silly codec conversations can be whack at times but that's about it. Everything else is god tier.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Every cutscenes are godly.

Some of the silly codec conversations can be whack at times but that's about it. Everything else is god tier.

Why don't you post some famous quotes, instead of just saying how good things are.

Someone already posted this vid. Why you want credit for probably vinnis post? Kojima makes a VIDEO GAME too. The fact the story is critiqued like a film or series plot is a compliment. That's like saying that big boobed blonde pussy funnaggo leech's IQ isn't that high.