Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MalaXmaS

Going hermit "next gen"

Recommended Posts

I am going back to my old PC days, but this time I want to build a PC, strong enough to run games at 1080p.

Possibly will build a 3 monitor set-up.

Any help guys?

Realistically speaking, what should I set my budget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't this guy talking shit and still defending Xbox............just a MONTH ago?

 

And now he's bailing and just-so coincidentally thinking about build a PC.

 

Well to start off, you need to set your budget quite high this next gen.

 

........because you now have to factor in the cost of actually buying games this time.:ufdup:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Wasn't this guy talking shit and still defending Xbox............just a MONTH ago?

 

And now he's bailing and just-so coincidentally thinking about build a PC.

 

Well to start off, you need to set your budget quite high this next gen.

 

........because you now have to factor in the cost of actually buying games this time.:ufdup:

I still defend the Xbox.

The Xbox One X is a brilliantly designed console.

Though, Microsoft is :scust2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would you to set a 1080p baseline ? I'd wait to the consoles come out to see what you actually need to compare with them .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Why would you to set a 1080p baseline ? I'd wait to the consoles come out to see what you actually need to compare with them .

I don't know. 

I am out of touch with PC gaming.

I thought 4k was too much resource intensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I don't know. 

I am out of touch with PC gaming.

I thought 4k was too much resource intensive.

Right now 4k on pc is a rip off . Next gen pc is gonna cost a lot more than a next gen console.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh for the racing games . Idk nothing about that you should probably page remij . Just say rtx flopped 3 times and he will appear 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I am not doing it now.

That's why I said, next gen.

So next year? I mean we can't really give you too much insight on parts 6-12 months away, but as a rough approximation of what you'll spend I would expect to spend around $1,200 today for 3x1080p/60 if you bought everything new and didn't bring over storage, RAM, PSU, etc from your old PC.

 

Whether the $1,200 is worth it would depend on the games you want to play and the expectations of how long you'd like to play via 3x1080p/60 with max settings minus a tweak here and there. I don't think any of the GPUs out right now aside from a 2080 Ti will let you keep those settings too far into next gen on AAA titles, but if all you care about is iRacing or you don't mind 3x1080p/30 on medium down the line it'll probably be good enough for quite awhile.

 

If you're not in the immediate market for a new PC there just isn't much to discuss until we know more about what AMD and Nvidia have in store for next year. GPUs have just been so stagnant since the 1080 Ti that you're getting terrible value for your money right now at the level of GPU you would need for your desired setup and Nvidia's Ampere cards could be the significant jump one might expect from years of underwhelming releases or they could just be another iterative step over the 1080 Ti.

 

Everything other than the GPU market is in a great spot. The 3600 at $190 is a fucking beast of a CPU, the $300 3700X is a 8-core/16-thread next-gen ready CPU, NVME SSDs routinely drop below $100/TB, basic HDD storage is dirt cheap, shuckable WD Reds can be had at $15/TB, 16GB of RAM can be had for $60 any time there's a sale, the B450 Tomahawk MAX is a $200 board for $115 (and under $100 regularly), and there's plenty of quality PSUs and cases for under $80.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP the best time to hop on this was Black Friday - Cyber Monday when there was a lot of good discounts on parts.    The good deals pickings are slim now but you can still easily build a PC today that will last for 5 years to a decade.  


I know this from sitting on 4 PC builds that I did in the span over a year.  

 

First you need a budget of how much you are willing to spend. 

 

 

Are you planning to mount those 3 displays on a wall for your PC build

 

 

Edited by The Mother Fucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

OP the best time to hop on this was Black Friday - Cyber Monday when there was a lot of good discounts on parts.    The good deals pickings are slim now but you can still easily build a PC today that will last for 5 years to a decade.  


I know this from sitting on 4 PC builds that I did in the span over a year.  

 

First you need a budget of how much you are willing to spend. 

 

 

Are you planning to mount those 3 displays on a wall for your PC build

 

 

I think I'll get a desk for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Another lemming bites the dust :tom5:

Everyone bites dust in their life-time. 

 

He'll be using Windows for his PC if he gets one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

The flip flop in you is hard. Just buy everything next gen

.

Nah.

I'll be PC mainly and get a PS5 later one when the next Gran Turismo games comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×