Switch sold 830K Thanksgiving week in N.A alone

dat cliff :whew:

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Over Thanksgiving week (Nov. 24 to Nov. 30), the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems sold a combined total of more than 830,000 units in the U.S., according to internal data. 

8 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'm amazed Nintendo was able to trick people into buying a repackaged Wii-U. 

It's a much better Wii U that's for sure, but the Switch is getting a boost from the handheld market otherwise sales probably wouldn't be this good. 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's a much better Wii U that's for sure, but the Switch is getting a boost from the handheld market otherwise sales probably wouldn't be this good. 

It's not just that, the generation is basically over for the other two systems. 

I mean shit... 

This is already a thing

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

What appeal does next gen take away from Switch that the current models of PS or XBox don't?

Ugh maybe the fact that like 150 million people already own them and they're on a cooling trend. Switch is still the 'new' system.

Introduce two new platforms to the fray that 150 million people do not own and you eat into the Switch's market not only financially but also in terms of exposure, not to mention it will no doubt be black balled in terms of essentially every release. 

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not just that, the generation is basically over for the other two systems. 

I mean shit... 

This is already a thing

The generation being over has no bearing in Switch sales you dolt. 

As NPD says, that's a false assertion. :cmpunk2:

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Ugh maybe the fact that like 150 million people already own them and they're on a cooling trend. Switch is still the 'new' system.

Introduce two new platforms to the fray that 150 million people do not own and you eat into the Switch's market not only financially but also in terms of exposure, not to mention it will no doubt be black balled in terms of essentially every release. 

3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Games.

Yes as time goes on Switch won't be able to keep up with next gen systems that's quite obvious. 

But that's not going to happen in 2020 or maybe even 2021......maybe by the end of 2021......and the reason for this is.... the majority of games for the first year will be cross gen games..... once the cross gen games stop Switch will be fucked. 

But by then a successor should be out by end of 2021 or March 2022.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Switch is getting a boost from being a Switch... aka a Hybrid console :shrug:

on another note, there is a possibility that Switch might break the ALL TIME RECORD for November sales :lupe:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes as time goes on Switch won't be able to keep up with next gen systems that's quite obvious. 

But that's not going to happen in 2020 or maybe even 2021......maybe by the end of 2021......and the reason for this is.... the majority of games for the first year will be cross gen games..... once the cross gen games stop Switch will be fucked. 

But by then a successor should be out by end of 2021 or March 2022.

Switch is barely getting any cross gen games now, so I would expect that trend to get much much worse, but I also expect Nintendo to hold their own. I mean, the reality is, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games as evident by the software charts. Anything else is just icing on the cake. :shrug:  I don't expect Nintendo to update Switch significantly until at least 2022 or 2023 and that's because Nintendo is using Switch to take over their handheld market... 3DS is all but dead.

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Switch is getting a boost from being a Switch... aka a Hybrid console :shrug:

on another note, there is a possibility that Switch might break the ALL TIME RECORD for November sales :lupe:

It's using its handheld market dominance in order to achieve this. It's not hard to see.

20 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's using its handheld market dominance in order to achieve this. It's not hard to see.

Oh it's not hard to see now huh? :mjpls:

You were singing a different tune not too long ago. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Oh it's not hard to see now huh? :mjpls:

Never was. Not sure what you mean by that? Nintendo was always going to cannibalize 3DS sales with their hybrid console and now it's just a nail in the coffin with a real Switch handheld (Switch Lite). :shrug:  Like I said, 3DS is all but dead.