Switch sold 830K Thanksgiving week in N.A alone

Just now, lynux3 said:

Never was. Not sure what you mean by that? Nintendo was always going to cannibalize 3DS sales with their hybrid console and now it's just a nail in the coffin with a real Switch handheld (Switch Lite). :shrug:  Like I said, 3DS is all but dead.

Switch was selling gangbusters even before the lite.   The OG Switch still outsells the lite FYI. 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Switch was selling gangbusters even before the lite.   The OG Switch still outsells the lite FYI. 

You're still missing the point. 3DS is all but dead, people have moved onto Switch, this has increased Switch sales by a good amount. What's hard to understand? This is a genius move by Nintendo... they've never been able to do PlayStation numbers and now they are because they've combined their user bases.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You're still missing the point. 3DS is all but dead, people have moved onto Switch, this has increased Switch sales by a good amount. What's hard to understand? This is a genius move by Nintendo... they've never been able to do PlayStation numbers and now they are because they've combined their user bases.

That affect of 3DS users starting moving to the Switch literally just started happening a few weeks ago. 

OG Switch has been doing gang buster numbers before the lite.  Did you forget that a very high percentage of OG Switch owners are the PS4/Xbox1 userbase?   It was selling to that base all this time. 

The genius move that just happened was to time the death of the 3DS with the release of the LITE and Pokémon a few weeks ago. 

But to circle back to my original point... Switch was doing "PlayStation" numbers before the lite.... 17m to 18m per year. 

25 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That affect of 3DS users starting moving to the Switch literally just started happening a few weeks ago. 

OG Switch has been doing gang buster numbers before the lite.  Did you forget that a very high percentage of OG Switch owners are the PS4/Xbox1 userbase?   It was selling to that base all this time. 

The genius move that just happened was to time the death of the 3DS with the release of the LITE and Pokémon a few weeks ago. 

But to circle back to my original point... Switch was doing "PlayStation" numbers before the lite.... 17m to 18m per year. 

This has been happening since Switch released. A few weeks ago? :roll: 

Switch gained two user bases which is why I think it was a genius move. Switch hasn't done PlayStation numbers yet, but its been close. Every year PS4 still outsells Switch globally, but with the release of a dedicated handheld that's going to change this year. Nintendo has the advantage of being against 6 year old hardware and a looming next generation that's still a year away. I want to see how well it does in 2021.

Edited by lynux3
18 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

This has been slowly happening for the last year or more. A few weeks ago? :roll: 

last year or more... lmfao. 

There was a recent stat that a very small percentage of 3DS users owned a Switch and Nintendo commented that they wanted that to change. 

and as I mentioned earlier, the majority of OG Switch owners are the PS4/Xbox1 userbase. 

and to top it off... Switch sold over 17 million year one and over 18 million year 2......All before Lite was even announced. 

:shrug:

Just now, Goukosan said:

last year or more... lmfao. 

There was a recent stat that a very small percentage of 3DS users owned a Switch and Nintendo commented that they wanted that to change. 

and as I mentioned earlier, the majority of OG Switch owners are the PS4/Xbox1 userbase. 

and to top it off... Switch sold over 17 million year one and over 18 million year 2......All before Lite was even announced. 

Updated my post. Yeah, last year or more is laughable. I corrected it... it's been happening since Switch released. It's completely evident by just looking at Media Create sales since Switch launched. I don't know any other regions, but I'm sure it's similar.

14 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Updated my post. Yeah, last year or more is laughable. I corrected it... it's been happening since Switch released. It's completely evident by just looking at Media Create sales since Switch launched. I don't know any other regions, but I'm sure it's similar.

Looking at Media Create OG Switch outsells the lite every week :cmpunk2:

The Switch is selling well because it's an appealing product. It's that simple. 

This new damage control that the Switch is only selling well (Since launch)  because the 3DS is dead is laughable at best :sabu:

Just now, Goukosan said:

Looking at Media Create OG Switch outsells the lite every week :cmpunk2:

The Switch is selling well because it's an appealing product. It's that simple. 

This new damage control that the Switch is only selling well (Since launch)  because the 3DS is dead is laughable at best :sabu:

I don't know why your butt hurt about the facts, but whatever. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Speaking about Facts. 

"NPD: more than 60% of US Switch owners also own PS4 or Xbox One".   May 5th 2019

Bbbut teh 3DS :grimaceleft:

Lets ignore the other 40% like it's a small percentage. :grimaceright:

Edited by lynux3
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Lets ignore the other 40% like it's a small percentage. :grimaceright:

Was waiting for that response :tom5:

"An EEDAR PlayerPulse report states that just 24% of active game players in the U.S. who own a 3DS also own a Switch" :leo:

Are people trying to downplay the Switch by trying to say it "cannibalized" the 3DS?

:tom:

I suppose I could use that reverse logic and say that the PS Vita future sales were 'cannibalized" by the PS4 release just 20 months later.

The PSP sold 80 million, you would imagine the same such expecatations for Vita........instead it completely tanked, selling only like 15 million?

So I guess the PS4 cannibalized tens of millions would-be Vita purchasers???? And that's the only reason its sold as much as it has?

6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Are people trying to downplay the Switch by trying to say it "cannibalized" the 3DS?

:tom:

I suppose I could use that reverse logic and say that the PS Vita future sales were 'cannibalized" by the PS4 release just 20 months later.

The PSP sold 80 million, you would imagine the same such expecatations for Vita........instead it completely tanked, selling only like 15 million?

So I guess the PS4 cannibalized tens of millions would-be Vita purchasers???? And that's the only reason its sold as much as it has?

Yeah... because Vita and PS4 were very similar. :grimaceright:

9 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah... because Vita and PS4 were very similar. :grimaceright:

They had the same developers working for both.

And those developers didn't stay on Vita very long so that they could make PS4 games.

So.........yeah........we have actual evidence that the PS4 HAD TO CANNIBALIZE the Vita in order to get to where its at, in sales.