Digital Foundry- Alien Isolation - Superior image quality on Switch

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

:mj: 

Alien Isolation on Switch looks better than PlayStation 4

The largest improvement stems from image quality. 

The Switch version is substantially cleaner in motion. This is due to a reliance on more modern accumulation temporal anti-aliasing. This approach massively reduces in-surface aliasing and edge shimmering to the point where it looks flat out better than the original console release 

Impressive :dame:

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Gee I wonder which is which...

BbP8I9k.png

Betting image quality my ass, it's simply got a more modern version of AA and that's the end of it. It's substantially worse otherwise. 

You forgot the the other versions have screen tearing.... while the Switch version is triple v-sync'd and on top of that superior AA solution. 

Let's see what DF (Dark1X) said about the Switch version. 

it looks much much cleaner in motion than the original PS4/XO version.

I think it's great that Feral went the extra mile to do this and more. It's a well optimized game on Switch. It looks and runs much better than Xbox One and is comparable to PS4 (superior in some ways, not in others)

It looks and runs better in motion on Switch because it was optimized better on Switch and the porting studio used a more modern AA solution that the original game didn't use in 2014 when it was released on PS4 anf Xb1.... Its that simple.   

obviously if those versions get updated they would also benefit from the improvements. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

BbP8I9k.png

Betting image quality my ass, it's simply got a more modern version of AA and that's the end of it. It's substantially worse otherwise. 

Dynoshit crying again because his precious Xshit sucks as always

5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It's pretty amazing how more efficient rendering techniques get over the course of a gen.  The difference between what UE4 could do in 2016 and 2019 on the same static hardware is fascinating.

This isn't UE4... but your point is correct and still stands. 

Engine Efficiencies over the last 5 years have improved TREMENDOUSLY which have allowed Switch to get some ports of games that wasn't thought possible a few years ago. 

Switch doesn't have the raw power to push through on its own.... but a well tuned engine can do wonders on Switch as we have seen this year. 

11 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

BbP8I9k.png

Screenshot_20191205-104120_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191205-104213_Chrome.jpg

You were saying? :leo:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Dang, cows and lemmings sure do put the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE in SuperREEEEor Switch version of Alien Isolation.

:blessed:

:| 

• Haha 2