Rumour - Dual shock 5 has a screen

It could stay black when you don't need it in games, I don't see how you don't want this. What's the downside? I want my chats in mp games :fistshake:

smh what a waste.

dualshock 4 build quality is fucking awful and it's probably because the stupid trackpad cut into the budget. when was the last time someone made anything more than a small revision to traditional controllers and it was actually worth it? 

32 minutes ago, Casual said:

smh what a waste.

dualshock 4 build quality is fucking awful and it's probably because the stupid trackpad cut into the budget. when was the last time someone made anything more than a small revision to traditional controllers and it was actually worth it? 

New models are great. OG has plastic peeling off and shit.

But that would be a really small screen, so would they put a decent resolution for an area that small, and if so, does that become a concern for battery life?

And secondly, will I have trouble reading small-ass text on the screen?

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

But that would be a really small screen, so would they put a decent resolution for an area that small, and if so, does that become a concern for battery life?

And secondly, will I have trouble reading small-ass text on the screen?

It honestly feels like the touchpad was generally fairly useless in most games, it's needed for BC. So they decided to take the concept to its logical upgrade... A touchscreen.  Like they're doing it for the sake of doing it.

it would be good for a little chat on screen ffs. so many games get ported to pc and they never put in a fucking chatbox because they know console fags cant even write :fistshake:

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Days Gone and FFXIV have the best use of the touchpad. But a display on the controller is probably just going to be for OS features and other shit. Nice, but ultimately fairly useless.

Sounds like the Dreamcast VMU all over again. :ben: