Revisiting the FFXV benchmark

Thought I pair my RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary card up against my RTX 2080 AMP card, both at their stock overclocked speeds. 

Here are the results.  

First the graph, and for some reason the when you clicks Stats for the Nvidia card, it does not sync to SquareEnix benchmark page.   But none the less I post the actual benchmark number so you can see which is the better card. 

FFVXBenchmark.jpg

AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 50th Anniversary Edition.  $449

FFXVBenchmark5700XTAE.jpg

Zotac Geforce RTX 2080 AMP. $599

FFXVBenchmarkRTX2080AMP.PNG

Edited by The Mother Fucker
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what a question

PS4 and Xbox One are running 2012 PC hardware.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, alcatrazkaz said:

what a question

I don't want to dl the program. It's more of a lazy ping.

I get 50mbs down and 10 up at home and work. Yakuza runs fine. This hermit laptop is great. I wanna see what it scores on this thing tho. 

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I don't want to dl the program. It's more of a lazy ping.

I get 50mbs down and 10 up at home and work. Yakuza runs fine. This hermit laptop is great. I wanna see what it scores on this thing tho. 

50mbs, takes like a second to download a benchmark :tophat2:

8 minutes ago, alcatrazkaz said:

50mbs, takes like a second to download a benchmark :tophat2:

I realized and posted that after. I'll do it. Is there a separate test for laptops or do I get a score im supposed to compare to desktops?

*I'm busy playing STEAM now bro. And getting paid to do it. :]]

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I realized and posted that after. I'll do it. Is there a separate test for laptops or do I get a score im supposed to compare to desktops?

*I'm busy playing STEAM now bro. And getting paid to do it. :]]

cool man, I finished STEAM like 4 times already, awesome game!

23 minutes ago, alcatrazkaz said:

cool man, I finished STEAM like 4 times already, awesome game!

It is an awesome game. I'm playing STEAM in Japanese too. Im still happier than you despite my unique lame choices and your put downs. Hah hah. You unhappy. 

looks like this laptop ain't running FFXV at all. least I didn't get robbed.

hay, if you remote STREAM from an xbox, is that running off my comps GPU? Is it possible this weak(er) thing really did stream an xbox 1 game? that's what I was told.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

looks like this laptop ain't running FFXV at all. least I didn't get robbed.

hay, if you remote STREAM from an xbox, is that running off my comps GPU? Is it possible this weak(er) thing really did stream an xbox 1 game? that's what I was told.

i dont even comprehend. if you have 0 idea about computer or hardware why do you go buy some laptop from some stranger without help?

I have quite the knowledge. The stream uses the Xbox hardware. I'm guessing the laptop just needs to be fast enough to turn on and stay on. And be connected to fast internet. Why don't you just fuck yourself if you're gonna assume so much? :wonder:

6 hours ago, kokujin said:

I have quite the knowledge. The stream uses the Xbox hardware. I'm guessing the laptop just needs to be fast enough to turn on and stay on. And be connected to fast internet. Why don't you just fuck yourself if you're gonna assume so much? :wonder:

Are you streaming your Xbox One through your laptop.  That's going to give you the worst gaming performance.  

What kind of laptop you have? Have you looked and seen if yours is compatible with a external GPU.  These exists for laptop owners who want to PC game with the Desktop PC big boys.

12 hours ago, kokujin said:

It seems you have no clue tbh

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Does the benchmark show VRAM load, CPU load, settings, framerate etc. What the fuck does that random number at the end even fucking mean.

it means you are gay

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Does the benchmark show VRAM load, CPU load, settings, framerate etc. What the fuck does that random number at the end even fucking mean.

That number is performance rate benchmark of your system running that specific game using that specific game quality setting. 

If you want to see individual counter information i.e. like a 'VRAM or GPU mem usage' counter you are going have to use MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner to get that specific information, and then manually benchmark that when running the FFXV benchmark.
Or you can turn on the GameBar in Windows 10, as it has a built-in CPU/GPU/RAM/FPS counter that you can manually benchmark.

15 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Are you streaming your Xbox One through your laptop.  That's going to give you the worst gaming performance.  

What kind of laptop you have? Have you looked and seen if yours is compatible with a external GPU.  These exists for laptop owners who want to PC game with the Desktop PC big boys.

that's a thought. Tbh I spent all last night installing games I'll never play. I think consoles are still best. One time $400 investment that doesn't go obsolete.

My laptop scored 1338 on this thing with light settings lol. I'll be playing Tales and yakuza. Which can prolly do medium. Hard.