Today we lost a long standing member of the community

For a second I thought a SW user had died or something :ben:

But what I liked about gamerankings was their list of latest reviews on the front page, I used it all the time to find reviews for big games and discover smaller games i wouldn't have heard of otherwise. I hope MC implements something similar.

Edited by Twinblade
1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

dont worry i snapped xbox's final year on gr

aKZMl8O.png

giphy.gif

So, what's the story there? Metacritic bought out Gamerankings?

What if somebody made a very fanboyish-attracting website that got alot of traffic.

So, like combining a review aggregate site that ALSO provides links to Youtube reviewers, and maybe does an aggregate of keywords to describe a game.

And then, comes up with some sort of "hype"estimate by measuring Twitch and Mixer viewing stats, and youtube views to determine what game people are talking about.

And then, throws in some sales states from Amazon, NPD, Mediacreate and other places to create an estimate of what games are top-sellers for the week.

And then slap a gaming forum on the back of that for the fanboys to fight over that.

And then hope that Metacritic buys the website from you.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

giphy.gif

So, what's the story there? Metacritic bought out Gamerankings?

What if somebody made a very fanboyish-attracting website that got alot of traffic.

So, like combining a review aggregate site that ALSO provides links to Youtube reviewers, and maybe does an aggregate of keywords to describe a game.

And then, comes up with some sort of "hype"estimate by measuring Twitch and Mixer viewing stats, and youtube views to determine what game people are talking about.

And then, throws in some sales states from Amazon, NPD, Mediacreate and other places to create an estimate of what games are top-sellers for the week.

And then slap a gaming forum on the back of that for the fanboys to fight over that.

And then hope that Metacritic buys the website from you.

CBS owns both Metacritic and Gamerankings, so they basically just merged GR and its staff into their MC subsidiary.

Edited by Twinblade