Digital Foundry: Metro Exodus on Stadia Tested!

Again worse than X in multiple ways. :D

Native 2160p.
Can't rule out dynamic resolution but looks close and consistent.
Only motion blur in the graphics options.
Mostly stable 30FPS, however worse overall than 1X (21 FPS shown)
Framepacing is an issue.
Produces compression artifacts more than most games due to the darkness of the environments.
Stadia version a match for 1X visually, and pairs with PC high.
No tessellation or RT shadows from PC version.
Loading times are not quite as bad as console.
Input lag on the high side and very noticeable.

I think people over focusing on graphics are really missing the point of Stadia. It’s all about being able to instantly start your game the moment you purchase it without having to download/install/update. That is truly a game changer.  Convenience and accessibility always win just like how music streaming took over despite having lower sound quality. If they can reduce the latency and make it more reliable, I will be all on board.

9 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I think people over focusing on graphics are really missing the point of Stadia. It’s all about being able to instantly start your game the moment you purchase it without having to download/install/update. That is truly a game changer.  Convenience and accessibility always win just like how music streaming took over despite having lower sound quality. If they can reduce the latency and make it more reliable, I will be all on board.

This thing lied about it's graphics capabilities and don't forget this piece of shit is supposed to run next gen games.

26 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Could be a selling point for some really busy people, but I doubt Stadia will be successful. I take quality over convenience.   

6 hours ago, Pureis said:

Well, outside of the fact that they lied, and it costs almost as much as an Xbox S, only works on certain phones/hardware, and launched with almost a fifth of what Xcloud FREE beta already has......sure.

They claimed 4k60 is what you got with the paid subscription model, they claimed it was some monster next gen PC, and its not beating Xbox 1X

Its by far the worst streaming service and the others aren't even officially out. I give them 6 months tops before they pull the plug

I doubt these things have the hardware they purport to have.

Probably something they were planning on building up to eventually.

I have no faith in Google to pull through with this.  Once xCloud is out with full next gen games as well... plus PS Now... Google simply can't compete.