Jump to content

Godfall appears to be using ray tracing


Recommended Posts

You can tell it's RT since it shows reflections of stuff off screen, and the reflections dont disappear as the camera moves things that arent on screen are still displayed in the reflection.

 

Now time for full Ray Traced Global illumination is what we need next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-12-13 at 3:13 AM, Team 2019 said:

Next gen has demolished all expectations though.

 

12 RDNA2 tflops

SSD

Full ray tracing

 

 

All of the above sounded like fanboy wishlist porn 9 months ago.

 

Don't get too comfortable with that notion yet. It's no doubt 9.5-10 Teraflops which translates to basically 12 GCN Teraflops. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Don't get too comfortable with that notion yet. It's no doubt 9.5-10 Teraflops which translates to basically 12 GCN Teraflops. 

I got to agree with you. Until we have full Dev documentation leaked non of this means anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I got to agree with you. Until we have full Dev documentation leaked non of this means anything.

The number of teraflops doesn’t really mean a whole lot though, if compared to PC GPU’s. With devs only having to cater to one or two specific sets of hardware, they’re able to utilise the available power in the consoles in a much more efficient way than compared developing for the PC, getting a lot more out of the hardware. Especially later on in the gen.

Edited by ScaryMovies
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ScaryMovies said:

The number of teraflops doesn’t really mean a whole lot though, if compared to PC GPU’s. With devs only having to cater to one or two specific sets of hardware, they’re able to utilise the available power in the consoles in a much more efficient way than compared developing for the PC, getting a lot more out of the hardware. Especially later on in the gen.

That was the case in the past.. but it's actually quite similar and comparable these days.  You can almost get like-for-like performance out of the same hardware.

 

The optimization consoles allow for is overblown.  There's still obviously some things they can do..but it's not that much more efficient anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...