So the Xbox Series X does appear to actually be 12 Teraflops

14 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea.  I think they're undergoing big time restructuring of their services and broadening their horizons a bit.  Not to mention, Cerny is a crafty motherfucker.  I'm sure with how well they did with the PS4, they're willing to do what it takes to keep their marketshare and release something close to what MS has.

I just can't believe how much money PSN makes them.  They make more money off PSN alone than Nintendo does in its entirety.. lol  

whoah, i did not know that. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter at this point... the machines are going to be beastly.  We can safely assume it's 12TF RDNA1 at the very least.  Given that, and the fact that the 5700XT is around 9.75TF.. these con

I don't care about specs but games.  Remember the One X? Hell of a console, sleek, powerful and silent. Oh and everything that you can play on the other console.

And?   you lemshits banged about about xflop x being 6tf all the time and what did you get out of it? What did you gain? Fuck all. You’ve had no games since with none on the horizon.  

15 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

RDNA1 with RDNA2 features or full RDNA2. Apparently we don't have an answer for next gen consoles.

It doesn't matter at this point... the machines are going to be beastly.  We can safely assume it's 12TF RDNA1 at the very least.  Given that, and the fact that the 5700XT is around 9.75TF.. these consoles will be around 3TF faster than the 5700XT.  Given that a 5700XT is around 2070 Super performance.. we can safely assume that these consoles will be around 2080 - 2080 Super in performance levels.

Some people seem to have a hard time believing, or accepting, that you're going to be getting this power in a $500 or so console.. but you've got to remember that Nvidia has been gouging the market for a while because they've been uncontested.  This is also coming a year from now, and Nvidia's 20 series will already be 2 years old at that point.  Nvidia and AMD will be releasing new cards around mid 2020 which will firmly put them a level higher.. and they will lower prices overall for 2 reasons.  One will be that the consoles would make PCs look really bad value wise if not... and the fact that AMD will actually be competing in all markets from low all the way up to enthusiast.  You're still going to have the $1000 tier Nvidia card... but it will be absurdly powerful.  At that point, next gen consoles will be around mid-range parts like the 2080/Super and the 3070.

Anyway, this is a good thing.  We need a higher baseline for next gen.  I was honestly expecting 5700XT/2070 super level of performance.. but it seems they've decided to push higher and make bigger consoles designed around better cooling.  This shit is gonna be so fucking crazy :D 

Edited by Remij_
  • Thanks 1

And?

you lemshits banged about about xflop x being 6tf all the time and what did you get out of it? What did you gain? Fuck all. You’ve had no games since with none on the horizon.

the next flop could be 1 trillion jiggaflops and it will still be a gameless pile of garbage only fit for use as a doorstop.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I don't care about specs but games. 

Remember the One X?

Hell of a console, sleek, powerful and silent.

Oh and everything that you can play on the other console.

Finally some honesty from a Lemming.  You're seeing the light 

4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

And?

you lemshits banged about about xflop x being 6tf all the time and what did you get out of it? What did you gain? Fuck all. You’ve had no games since with none on the horizon.

the next flop could be 1 trillion jiggaflops and it will still be a gameless pile of garbage only fit for use as a doorstop.

All.of the goty nominees are on xbox . Every ps4 game this year was a flop and they are all on PC too LOL

Switch had 0 goty nominees. 

Xbox and pc won this year 

27 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

Thing is beast that’s for damn sure.

ive been predicting 14+ teraflops for years,  got mocked for it many times 

when I made that prediction,  I didn’t think to adjust for improved efficiency per teraflop.

12+ Teraflop RDNA should see this thing outperforming a 2080 Super IMO

I see it falling between a 2080 and a Super, not sure if it will outperform one. That remains to be seen though.