What was your movie of the year?

I just came back from seeing Uncut Gems.

Jesus, is that movie stressful. Especially if you don't live that type of life, or have ever been around somebody that lived that type of life.

Sandler is acting his ass off, but I'd say that the filmmakers have edited this to give you a sense of stress and chaos. So, I guess Sandler probably get nominated for Best Actor, I can't think of many other acting performances off the top of my head.

These same people made Good Time, and I understand why Good Time ends the way it does, but I am quite glad that this movie maintains a certain focus throughout. Good Time loses direction in the second half, but this movie goes off in a very specific direction in the second half. And its fucking crazy.

Don't like the hispter-ey use of music and the opening title sequence is trying to evoke something but I don't think it succeeds, but that's a minor complaint.

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing just about everything I wanted to see this year ima go with these too

I've not seen that many films this year but Joker stands out for sure.

Last weekend. Regal theatre near me had a showing for Regal Unlimited members.   I'll fucking fight anybody that doesn't nominate Sandler for best actor.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

Jesus, is that movie stressful. Especially if you don't live that type of life, or have ever been around somebody that lived that type of life.

Sandler is acting his ass off, but I'd say that the filmmakers have edited this to give you a sense of stress and chaos. So, I guess Sandler probably get nominated for Best Actor, I can't think of many other acting performances off the top of my head.

These same people made Good Time, and I understand why Good Time ends the way it does, but I am quite glad that this movie maintains a certain focus throughout. Good Time loses direction in the second half, but this movie goes off in a very specific direction in the second half. And its fucking crazy.

Don't like the hispter-ey use of music and the opening title sequence is trying to evoke something but I don't think it succeeds, but that's a minor complaint.

Seeing this today. I love Good Time so much. Can’t wait! 

17 hours ago, jehurey said:

Just watched it. I posted a mini review in the tv/movie thread. I nearly had a heart attack watching it :D 

On 2019-12-28 at 4:39 PM, Sabo said:

Didn't watch much movies this year. I liked Endgame and John Wick 3 though so one of those.

John wick 3 was quite a ride. Except for the Halle Berry scene.