Epic Game Store 12 day of Free Games Giveaway

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thread was probably made before, but I'm going to update this thread as the new games are announced as a way to make sure people hear about and get their free game.   Dec 19th - Into the Bre

Bro, spend $50 during their winter sale and you get a $5 coupon. How is that not insanely generous?

yeah this thread was needed. i ended up missing towerfall.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

No KCD is disappointing, but I really thought this was going to be the end of the free game thing since they hadn't talked about extending it for 2020. With these games being free this week I guess that's still going. :juggle:

Oh yea.. this is just the 12 days of Christmas thing ending... they're still going to be giving away a free game every week apparently. :smoke: 

4 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

How come Steam is never this generous? 

Because they don't need to be.

Epic wants to get people to use EGS as their main store and home of their gaming collection. Right now everyone already has billions of games on steam. It's going to take a lot to get them to switch.

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Because they don't need to be.

Epic wants to get people to use EGS as their main store and home of their gaming collection. Right now everyone already has billions of games on steam. It's going to take a lot to get them to switch.

I figure why not use both.  Most PC users have the hardware capable having at least two app launchers running concurrently. 

I have Steam, EPG, Activision Blizzard, and Rockstar Game launcher.  I don't have them all auto running.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I figure why not use both.  Most PC users have the hardware capable having at least two app launchers running concurrently. 

I have Steam, EPG, Activision Blizzard, and Rockstar Game launcher.  I don't have them all auto running.

What do you even mean? I use steam for most games, but obviously i use the others for other games not on steam etc. it's just normal :shrug:   and yea steam doesnt have to give away free shit. 

9 hours ago, kaz said:

What do you even mean? I use steam for most games, but obviously i use the others for other games not on steam etc. it's just normal :shrug:   and yea steam doesnt have to give away free shit. 

It's regards to the whole getting someone to switch over free games TLHBO implied.  In reality you are going to have multiple app launchers (Steam, Epic Game Store, Activision Blizzard, etc.), if you want to play every game available to PC to begin with.    IMO the free games will make me stay on the that providers launcher longer.  So giving free "shit" away is always a smart strategy. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
10 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

It's regards to the whole getting someone to switch over free games TLHBO implied.  In reality you are going to have multiple app launchers (Steam, Epic Game Store, Activision Blizzard, etc.), if you want to play every game available to PC to begin with.    IMO the free games will make me stay on the that providers launcher longer.  So giving free "shit" away is always a smart strategy. 

Hmm, maybe for you, but I wonder why. It doesn't do anything to me except for free games, I'm certain I won't be buying any game on epic store anytime soon if the same game is available on steam.

I just like everything about steam, its fast, the layout looks clean and nice, aside from a flood of real shitty trash games and all the stupid 99 cents addons and trash for trashy games, i consider steam still to be providing the best service.

also dota 2 and cs, you could call me a loyal customer.

I forgot to say, I made a thread on ss few years ago about how buying games on steam is like pirating all over again. I think i already got more "free" games on steam than on epic.

99cent deal for games and I mean overall steam sales over the years were crazy

Edited by kaz
56 minutes ago, kaz said:

Hmm, maybe for you, but I wonder why. It doesn't do anything to me except for free games, I'm certain I won't be buying any game on epic store anytime soon if the same game is available on steam.

I just like everything about steam, its fast, the layout looks clean and nice, aside from a flood of real shitty trash games and all the stupid 99 cents addons and trash for trashy games, i consider steam still to be providing the best service.

also dota 2 and cs, you could call me a loyal customer.

I forgot to say, I made a thread on ss few years ago about how buying games on steam is like pirating all over again. I think i already got more "free" games on steam than on epic.

99cent deal for games and I mean overall steam sales over the years were crazy

I guess in short what I am saying is picking a stake in one launcher does not makes sense.  All it will result in limiting yourself to a number of PC games you will have as some games won't be offered on other launchers.  

I had a Steam account for a while, but spent the past 6 years not playing PC games so I don't have much invested in Steam like you so I don't feel the need to commit myself to only using that and then miss out on games offered from other launchers. 

I got games on uPlay, Windows Store, Steam, Epic Game Store, Rockstar, and Activision Blizzard. 

39 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I guess in short what I am saying is picking a stake in one launcher does not makes sense.  All it will result in limiting yourself to a number of PC games you will have as some games won't be offered on other launchers.  

I had a Steam account for a while, but spent the past 6 years not playing PC games so I don't have much invested in Steam like you so I don't feel the need to commit myself to only using that and then miss out on games offered from other launchers. 

I got games on uPlay, Windows Store, Steam, Epic Game Store, Rockstar, and Activision Blizzard. 

oh, yep totally. that's just how it is I don't think it's bad. In your case I can see why you would "look" for your "main" place but whatever it is, it doesn't really matter. I found they all work fine. 

The steam loyalty really comes from years ago when it launched, i mean i was still a kid back then and i remember the transition from counter-strike 1.5 to 1.6 with steam. I love steam. :glad: