Witcher dethrones Mongolian for biggest show in the world

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of Witcher news coming out...........Netflix is realizing what they have on their hands:

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/the-witcher-netflix-biggest-tv-show-premiere-1203474724/

January 21, 2020 1:24PM PT

‘The Witcher’ on Track to Be Netflix’s Biggest TV Show Premiere Ever, Company Claims

Netflix said “The Witcher,” the fantasy series starring Henry Cavill, is pacing to be its biggest first-season original TV series ever.

The Witcher,” which debuted Dec. 20 on Netflix, was chosen to be watched by 76 million customer households in the first four weeks of release, according to the company.

That would appear to mean that some 46% of Netflix’s subscribers as of the end of 2019 watched “The Witcher” over that time span.

Story #2

https://redanianintelligence.com/2020/01/21/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-nightmare-of-the-wolf-tie-in-animated-film/

Netflix to produce ‘The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf’ tie-in animated film

Since before Henry Cavill graced our screens as Geralt of Rivia in Netflix’s The Witcher, rumours were circulating of an animated tie-in project that would be released between Season 1 and Season 2. There were various teases, but nothing concrete. Until now! Thanks to a new WGA entry, we now know it’s a film and it will be titled The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.

Nightmare of the Wolf is written by staff writer Beau DeMayo who wrote the first season’s third episode, titled “Betrayer Moon”, which adapted the short story “The Witcher”. DeMayo is also writing one of the eight episodes of season two.

animatedwitcher.jpg?fit=1024%2C294&ssl=1The project’s WGA entry

Given what we saw from DeMayo in the first season and the film’s title, one could easily speculate that it may have horror elements. As for the wolf in the title, the easiest candidate would be Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf who would be voiced by Henry Cavill himself.

Story #3:

https://www.inquisitr.com/5848606/the-witcher-mark-hamill-vesemir/

January 21, 2020

‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Really Wants Mark Hamill On Board For The Role Of Vesemir

Many fans want to see Mark Hamill cast in the role of Vesemir in Season 2 of 'The Witcher,' and Hamill and the series showrunner agree.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, there has been an ongoing discussion regarding the possibility of Star Wars legend Mark Hamill, playing the role of Vesemir in Season 2 of Netflix‘s The Witcher. Now, the series showrunner has been asked directly by IGN about how likely the scenario really is.

Hamill has always been a fan-favorite to fill the role of Vesemir, a wise Witcher who is also Geralt of Rivia’s (Henry Cavill) mentor. The fan campaign has been in the works for quite some time now and has been noticed by Hamill, who tweeted in 2018 that he would be interested in taking on the part.

“I have no idea what this is or what it’s about but agree it could/should be played by me,” Hamill wrote at the time.

In December of 2019, he also reconfirmed his interest in the role.

While it is all good and well that fans want Hamill on board for Season 2 of The Witcher, it takes more than viewer demand to get the job secured. However, showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich has noticed Hamill’s enthusiasm and has responded accordingly.

“It was one of those first Witcher moments for me where I was like, ‘Oh my God, is this even possible? That Mark Hamill knows what this is and would be interested in doing that?'” Hissrich told IGN.

However, it’s still too early to discuss the second season and the showrunner is still in the process of early production, with casting yet to begin.

“Mark has always been of interest to me and interest to the project,” Hissrich said.

Looks like there's alot of things going on when it comes to The Witcher
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

it got better as it went on. it's a solid foundation. 

Eh, just wasn't for me. I'm more looking forward to what Amazon is doing with Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings. I also never played the games so there wasn't much of a connection to the source material.

• Sad 1

https://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-witcher-is-a-massive-new-franchise-to-get-season-after-season/

Netflix CEO: Witcher is a 'massive new franchise' that'll get 'season after season'

Condolences to The OA: The Witcher seems like it'll be on Netflix for the long haul.

Joan E. Solsman mugshot
Joan E. Solsman, January 21, 2020 4:27 PM PST

Netflix's fantasy series The Witcher is "a massive new franchise that will develop season after season," Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said Tuesday. It came the same day the streaming giant said The Witcher's popularity ranked it as Netflix's biggest new series yet

Netflix, using a new viewership metric that counts a title as "watched" if after it has played for two minutes (including autoplay), said that The Witcher was viewed by 76 million accounts, a performance that Hastings said "ended the year on a high note." The company has more than 167 million memberships worldwide. The news about The Witcher was wrapped up in Netflix's fourth-quarter earnings report, which revealed better-than-expected subscriber growth driven by overseas demand.

On 2019-12-30 at 11:24 PM, Quad Damage said:

goukosan hbr

The metric that Netflix is using is anyone who watched only 30 seconds of the show :drake:

Prior to this, the metric Netflix used was anyone who watched 3/4 of a SEASON..... they dropped the bar sooo low to 30 fucking seconds...... lmfao. 

On 2019-12-31 at 4:28 PM, The Mother Fucker said:

Don't know why, I told you all that you could have watch that FREE from putlocker

you got some links bro? hd quality?