I think MS may be acquiring Platinum Games

Just now, jehurey said:

Except he didn't even say it like that.

He was responding to a question in an interview with some gaming outlet.

You're trying to portray this as the Platinum CEO coming out and making a huge announcement.

This, um....is all starting to fall apart on you.:reg:

He literally says it's "big news".. and also states that it's something that would "be the beginning of a new stage" for the company as a whole....

It's absolutely a big announcement... in his own words.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my gaaawwwwdddd stfu both of you

Nah, we just have to open up the forum everyday and look at your threads.

Why do you think that? Where is your evidence? How do they correlate? You're speculating off nothing! Oh so you're creating a narrative from nothing!  

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

He literally says it's "big news".. and also states that it's something that would "be the beginning of a new stage" for the company as a whole....

It's absolutely a big announcement... in his own words.

He's answering a question in an interview saying that there will be a big announcement soon.

This isn't like something that's posted on the main Platinum Games webpage, or in their official Twitter, or his twitter, is it?

Is that where you would make such an announcement? Announcing it in an interview with a gaming outlet that isn't even a major western or Japanese outlet?

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's answering a question in an interview saying that there will be a big announcement soon.

This isn't like something that's posted on the main Platinum Games webpage, or in their official Twitter, or his twitter, is it?

Is that where you would make such an announcement? Announcing it in an interview with a gaming outlet that isn't even a major western or Japanese outlet?

It's not THE announcement Jerry... it's the announcement that there will be an announcement.

Thus the speculation.... 

duh :roll: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

It's not THE announcement Jerry... it's the announcement that there will be an announcement.

Thus the speculation.... 

duh :roll: 

Which he wouldn't be making if it involves a business transaction with a major company that is publicly traded, and their legal team would not allow such hints.

So.........that means this announcement must be a different type of announcement that is "big" from Platonum's viewpoint.......but not some major story that affects the gaming industry as a whole.

This next console generation, Platinum may finally have a chance to let go of doing contract jobs for publishers, get all of their engine tech in order so that they can develop for all platforms and release day and date, and become more independent.

That would be "big" for them because it would be a new level of independence that they've never had.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Baseless speculation. 

Platinum will go Nintendo 2nd party after Astral Chain and Bayonetta 3:whoo:

GASP................new game skus popped up in Gamestop's database coming for Nintendo Switch.

Platinum makes games.

BAM..........that's all the correlation we need. Platinum becoming Nintendo second-party CONFIRMED:deader:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Which he wouldn't be making if it involves a business transaction with a major company that is publicly traded, and their legal team would not allow such hints.

So.........that means this announcement must be a different type of announcement that is "big" from Platonum's viewpoint.......but not some major story that affects the gaming industry as a whole.

This next console generation, Platinum may finally have a chance to let go of doing contract jobs for publishers, get all of their engine tech in order so that they can develop for all platforms and release day and date, and become more independent.

That would be "big" for them because it would be a new level of independence that they've never had.

They can make all the announcements of upcoming announcements they want... lmao.  Where is it hinted that it's an acquisition from Microsoft?

I myself am the one who's speculating it could be that BASED OFF Phil saying that an Asian studio would be good for MS.

This isn't an announcement... and they aren't hinting at anything other than big news for the company... which they are absolutely free to do.  LMAO your bullshit :tom: 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

GASP................new game skus popped up in Gamestop's database coming for Nintendo Switch.

Platinum makes games.

BAM..........that's all the correlation we need. Platinum becoming Nintendo second-party CONFIRMED:deader:

Plat just said Bayo 3 is coming along nicely. 

Nintendo has an upcoming direct.  

Makes sense that they could show it there... right?

And no... I never said Microsoft WAS purchasing Platinum Games........ BIIIIIIIG difference there shithead :reg: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They can make all the announcements of upcoming announcements they want... lmao.  Where is it hinted that it's an acquisition from Microsoft?

I myself am the one who's speculating it could be that BASED OFF Phil saying that an Asian studio would be good for MS.

This isn't an announcement... and they aren't hinting at anything other than big news for the company... which they are absolutely free to do.  LMAO your bullshit :tom: 

So you are admitting that you are trying to connect what Platinum CEO guy is saying to what Phil is saying.

............with no logical proof whatsoever.

You're creating that entirely on your own. And that is what makes it baseless speculation.

In fact, I've given you a BUSINESS and LEGAL reason why it would be illogical for the Platinum CEO guy to be hinting at something that has business and legal ramifications for a public traded company like Microsoft.

I've already point this out to you twice.........and you've pretended that you didn't see it. Which means you are the one who is engaging in bullshitting people.

Plat just said Bayo 3 is coming along nicely. 

Nintendo has an upcoming direct.  

Makes sense that they could show it there... right?

And no... I never said Microsoft WAS purchasing Platinum Games........ BIIIIIIIG difference there shithead :reg: 

By Remij_, 3 hours ago in System Wars

:don:(he's not going to attempt a semantics argument at this point, is he?)

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So you are admitting that you are trying to connect what Platinum CEO guy is saying to what Phil is saying.

............with no logical proof whatsoever.

You're creating that entirely on your own. And that is what makes it baseless speculation.

In fact, I've given you a BUSINESS and LEGAL reason why it would be illogical for the Platinum CEO guy to be hinting at something that has business and legal ramifications for a public traded company like Microsoft.

I've already point this out to you twice.........and you've pretended that you didn't see it. Which means you are the one who is engaging in bullshitting people.

You're claiming it's not what I think it is.... and at the same time you're saying that the CEO would be doing something illogical and have ramifications if that's what it was.

Sooooo.... basically it's impossible for there to be ramifications because nothing has been confirmed to have anything to do with MS at all from the PG statement....

OF COURSE I am the one drawing the line between them........  I already stated why.

So essentially... your point about the business and legal reasons means jack shit... and what I'm saying is still possible.  LOL

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

By Remij_, 3 hours ago in System Wars

:don:(he's not going to attempt a semantics argument at this point, is he?)

Did you just post me saying "I THINK THEY MAY BE...." as proof that I said they WERE?????

It's not semantics.  One is a confirmation.. the other is speculation.

OMFG:rofls: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

You're claiming it's not what I think it is.... and at the same time you're saying that the CEO would be doing something illogical and have ramifications if that's what it was.

Sooooo.... basically it's impossible for there to be ramifications because nothing has been confirmed to have anything to do with MS at all from the PG statement....

OF COURSE I am the one drawing the line between them........  I already stated why.

So essentially... your point about the business and legal reasons means jack shit... and what I'm saying is still possible.  LOL

No, the two reason I have given do not conflict with one another.

Platinum CEO guy can say things relating to his OWN company, as long as the news involves something that ONLY DEALS with their own company.

Therefore, him hinting that they may be ushering a new phase of how they develop games is an announcement that contains no legal ramifications for nobody else other than Platinum.

Which means my theory makes LEGAL sense.

And me pointing out the legal ramifications regarding Microsoft makes sense, and would be a good enough reason to discredit your speculation.

Did you just post me saying "I THINK THEY MAY BE...." as proof that I said they WERE?????

It's not semantics.  One is a confirmation.. the other is speculation.

OMFG:rofls: 

No, its semantics.

Talking about whether something may be occurring or having occurred has no bearing on what we are arguing about.

Sorry, that's definitely semantics............and that ain't gonna work.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, its semantics.

Talking about whether something may be occurring or having occurred has no bearing on what we are arguing about.

Sorry, that's definitely semantics............and that ain't gonna work.

You said this....

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Platinum makes games.

I never said any of the speculation in this thread is confirmed.

I never said this WAS happening.  I said I think it might be....  If I said it was... then I would need proof.  I said it might be... and thus I don't. 

You said this....

I never said any of the speculation in this thread is confirmed.

I never said this WAS happening.  I said I think it might be....  If I said it was... then I would need proof.  I said it might be... and thus I don't. 

That's a post of me mocking you.

You thought that was a LYNCH PIN to winning your argument?:drake:

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's a post of me mocking you.

You thought that was a LYNCH PIN to winning your argument?:drake:

I've already won my argument.  It doesn't matter if you think it's baseless or not.  I'm saying what I think it is and you're butthurt about it.  LOL nothing changes just because you don't think I have enough reason to think the way I do :drake: 

And your post is CLEARLY trying to mock me.. based on what you think I'm doing in this thread... so yea... it just further reinforces how dumb you're being :hest: 

• Cooke locked this topic