The bigger unique differences of the PS5 compared to previous consoles have yet to be announced - Jim Ryan

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/ps5-unique-unannounced-features-teased-by-sony-interactive-entertainment-president

On the Unique Appeals of PlayStation 5

Jim Ryan: “Each time a new console is released, the processor and graphics improve. Those are enticing of course, but we need to have special appeals as well. We have already confirmed the use of an solid-state drive. Having load times that are next to nothing is a major change.

“3D audio and the haptic feedback support of the controller are also things that, when you try them, you will be surprised at how big a change they are. Even just playing the racing game Gran Turismo Sport with a PlayStation 5 controller is a completely different experience. While it runs well with the previous controller, there is no going back after you experience the detailed road surface via haptic control and play using the adaptive triggers.

“But you know. There are still more unique elements for PlayStation 5 to come that separate it from previous consoles. The ‘bigger differences’ have yet to be announced.”

Wonder what he could mean by that?

• Remij changed the title to The bigger unique differences of the PS5 compared to previous consoles have yet to be announced - Jim Ryan

Seriously though, I'm guessing they're talking about capabilities of the OS and UI like sharing and capturing gameplay as well as joining games and friends will be more seamless and instant than ever before.. and features of PSN.  Things like progression with changes to trophies and other stuff like that.

31 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's got to be controls related. :glad:

I think streaming a game from PSNow, before the game installs is also a possible scenario.

Wasn't that already confirmed for both consoles ?

You guys kill me. Clamoring for stuff that some of you already have on PC.

also what did you think of EVGA's CES announcement of their RTX 2060 KO graphics card to be priced at $299. 

Many of the press are jumping reporting that NVIDIA is reacting to the Radeon RX 5600XT by lowering the price of the RTX 2060.

I'm wishing I could trade in my Aorus GTX 1660 Ti.  That card cost me $309 last April.   Had a RTX 2060 been at that price or better $299, I would have got RTX a lot sooner.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Hey at least MS added a Share button.

I hope MS has some other shit going on under the hood of that controller.  I was expecting a bit more tbh.

Does the DS5 have haptic feedback for all the buttons or is it just the triggers?  If it's all the buttons then that would be a big deal to me.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I hope MS has some other shit going on under the hood of that controller.  I was expecting a bit more tbh.

Does the DS5 have haptic feedback for all the buttons or is it just the triggers?  If it's all the buttons then that would be a big deal to me.

Triggers.

Back buttons would be a godly addition for a standard controller. I can see a lot of good usage of it then, rather than just remapping old buttons.