Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

Just now, Quad Damage said:

you claiming all first party games being cross gen for up to 2 years is "typical" :rawf:

What I meant is that there's typically 1-2 years of cross gen games... meaning support for the old console as the gen transitions..

lmao if you think Sony's going to drop 100m+ consumers for 2-5million within the first year or so...  It doesn't make sense anymore.

Just now, Remij_ said:

What I meant is that there's typically 1-2 years of cross gen games... meaning support for the old console as the gen transitions..

lmao if you think Sony's going to drop 100m+ consumers for 2-5million within the first year or so...  It doesn't make sense anymore.

its not typical for first party, this cant be debated. :shrug:

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Go ahead. I played the game. You didn't.

Its about you saying that sequels are the same exact game.

Forza

Forza Horizon

Wow...........you're saying that you couldn't even think that far ahead??????????:lawl:

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Wish you'd do that for all your posts :hest: 

Not rape XBox and lemmings with my responses?

I'm sure you do wish for that.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

You misunderstood what I said, Berry.

No, you clearly are saying that games that are nothing but repeats should be dismissed.

Little too late to change the meaning of your post.

We can definitely dismiss rehashes.:jasonj:

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you clearly are saying that games that are nothing but repeats should be dismissed.

Little too late to change the meaning of your post.

We can definitely dismiss rehashes.:jasonj:

You are clearly fucking stupid. 

Will this be the first console ever to launch with a single console exclusive game? Can't think of any other.

Literally zero reason to buy a Series X, especially if you already own an Xbox One X. All you're doing is upgrading your PC basically. As opposed to buying a PS5 then being able to play everything (if you own a One X) you already could PLUS ps5 exclusives.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Will this be the first console ever to launch with a single console exclusive game? Can't think of any other.

Literally zero reason to buy a Series X, especially if you already own an Xbox One X. All you're doing is upgrading your PC basically. As opposed to buying a PS5 then being able to play everything (if you own a One X) you already could PLUS ps5 exclusives.

There's not zero reason.  I mean if you don't own an Xbox... the new one will be the one to get.  The games are obviously going to look and perform far better.

I think games that really utilize the consoles will be 2-3 years out... just like every other gen.  So by the time that devs are really starting to push the new consoles, the time will have passed.

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

SO upgrading your Pc is pointless? oookk

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You'd have to research N-Gage and the Tapwave Zodiac to potentially find the launch of a new video game platform and it not have a single actual exclusive during its "launch window"

This was always the thing that people were warning off the moment Phil Spencer started talking about themselves as a "services company". That means that they will not do anything special for a new hardware release.

Phil has put himself in a catch-22. Microsoft clearly does not trust a new hardware launch to be overly successful, so their hedging their bets. BUT them hedging their bets is going to hurt the appeal of selling new hardware to people at launch.

Edited by jehurey