Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

Just now, Remij_ said:

There's not zero reason.  I mean if you don't own an Xbox... the new one will be the one to get.  The games are obviously going to look and perform far better.

I think games that really utilize the consoles will be 2-3 years out... just like every other gen.  So by the time that devs are really starting to push the new consoles, the time will have passed.

As I said I was mostly speaking from the perspective of a gamer that would already have a One X. If you do have a One X this literally is just another iterative upgrade, not a next gen jump. Next gen jumps have always had console exclusive gens, even while there were cross gen multiplats. There has never been a time where you buy a new system and that doesn't allow to you at least play 1 game you previously couldn't one the older hardware.  

It's the least appealing console to buy at launch I've ever heard of. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

SO upgrading your Pc is pointless? oookk

Just so then you can upgrade your actual PC also to play 'PS4/PC' games instead of just getting a PS5 and already being able to do both and have access to all the PS5/4 exclusives :mj:

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

As I said I was mostly speaking from the perspective of a gamer that would already have a One X. If you do have a One X this literally is just another iterative upgrade, not a next gen jump. Next gen jumps have always had console exclusive gens, even while there were cross gen multiplats. There has never been a time where you buy a new system and that doesn't allow to you at least play 1 game you previously couldn't one the older hardware.  

Just so then you can upgrade your actual PC also to play 'PS4/PC' games instead of just getting a PS5 and already being able to do both and have access to all the PS5/4 exclusives :mj:

MS doesn't care where you buy the games.

After the Hellblade demo, im more impressed with that than that Gearbox exclusive.

Thinking PS5 is going to have massive amounts of truly mind blowing exclusives the first year. LOL

Gamers that already have a One X?  

So the perspective of almost nobody :ovolol:

Yea, you're right though. <3  Still... I think the console itself will have enough features and improvements over the last gen consoles that even people with One X's will want one.  Actually those are the people most likely to buy the new one.  The ones who want to have the fastest tech..

I think there will be a big enough difference graphically between the Series X and One versions of games that people will want the new machine.  It's like people expect just a res bump or something... nah... Halo Infinite will look far better on the new machine.

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

MS doesn't care where you buy the games.

After the Hellblade demo, im more impressed with that than that Gearbox exclusive.

Thinking PS5 is going to have massive amounts of truly mind blowing exclusives the first year. LOL

You think Hellblade is anywhere near launch :freeman:and it wasn't a demo. It was a cinematic trailer, the thing you cry about always. 

Yeah, the only exclusive on PS5 is gonna be the Gearbox one...:biggrin:  Funny part is that even with that 1. It's still more than the Series X will have in 2 years :kaz:

You're such a fanboy that you're literally gonig to waste two or 3 times the money to be able to play less games. But I wouldn't expect any less from you ;)

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Gamers that already have a One X?  

So the perspective of almost nobody :ovolol:

Yea, you're right though. <3  Still... I think the console itself will have enough features and improvements over the last gen consoles that even people with One X's will want one.  Actually those are the people most likely to buy the new one.  The ones who want to have the fastest tech..

I think there will be a big enough difference graphically between the Series X and One versions of games that people will want the new machine.  It's like people expect just a res bump or something... nah... Halo Infinite will look far better on the new machine.

:biggrin: (at the One X comment)

Yeah that's why I said it's basically upgrading your PC, for the first time ever just buying more power and I know consoles technically have always been that from a hardware perspective but next console gens to most gamers has always really been about now being able to play games you previously couldn't, not just the same games looking nicer (that's the gap that iterative mid gen system now fill).  If you could only afford one next gen system at launch and you already have a One X, it would be far be the smart choice to get a PS5 then wait 2-3 years for the Series X games to become exclusive and get that system cheaper or maybe even a better one by then.  

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You think Hellblade is anywhere near launch :freeman:and it wasn't a demo. It was a cinematic trailer, the thing you cry about always. 

Yeah, the only exclusive on PS5 is gonna be the Gearbox one...:biggrin:  Funny part is that even with that 1. It's still more than the Series X will have in 2 years :kaz:

You're such a fanboy that you're literally gonig to waste two or 3 times the money to be able to play less games. But I wouldn't expect any less from you ;)

I know what MS is doing. I see the studios they bought. I see the diversity in their games.

Sony? Not so much. We don't know much that's coming other than sequels of the same shitty cinematic shit they have now.

Xbox has the power, the diversity, gamepass, etc. 

Sony has the same shit as they have now. With prettier graphics. OK

Sony fans keep bragging up the 2 or 3 exclusives they have each year. I wonder what they are going to do when they are day one on PC next gen, like many insiders have predicted. I know MLB the Show is gonna look better on XSX than PS5 LMFAO tchbo

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:biggrin: (at the One X comment)

Yeah that's why I said it's basically upgrading your PC, for the first time ever just buying more power and I know consoles technically have always been that from a hardware perspective but next console gens to most gamers has always really been about now being able to play games you previously couldn't, not just the same games looking nicer (that's the gap that iterative mid gen system now fill).  If you could only afford one next gen system at launch and you already have a One X, it would be far be the smart choice to get a PS5 then wait 2-3 years for the Series X games to become exclusive and get that system cheaper or maybe even a better one by then.  

Yea you're right.

MS wants to be there with their service and games for gamepass at every price level.

Console you already have? Check.

Next gen console high end? Check.

Next gen console low end? Check.

PC you already have? Check.

Mobile with xCloud? Check.

They really aren't worried too much anymore about the box.  It really is the services and offering an entry point to those services.

Will be interesting to see how they navigate this transition.  What they are wanting to do makes perfect sense to me... but whether it pays off for them will remain to be seen.

Just now, JONBpc said:

I know what MS is doing. I see the studios they bought. I see the diversity in their games.

Sony? Not so much. We don't know much that's coming other than sequels of the same shitty cinematic shit they have now.

Xbox has the power, the diversity, gamepass, etc. 

Sony has the same shit as they have now. With prettier graphics. OK

Sony fans keep bragging up the 2 or 3 exclusives they have each year. I wonder what they are going to do when they are day one on PC next gen, like many insiders have predicted. I know MLB the Show is gonna look better on XSX than PS5 LMFAO tchbo

You and literally everyone else know nothing about what Sony is doing because they haven't said a word. We don't even know of a single Sony first party game from next gen yet. you moron. Meanwhile you're hyping studios :mj: Studios that are so far beneath the calibre of sony first party that it isn't even fair to compare. 

But yeah you know what Series X is doing... LITERALLY THIS:

'Sony has the same shit as they have now. With prettier graphics. OK'

Not even figuratively, but literally the exact thing you have now but with prettier graphics :biggrin:

You're the biggest hypocrite here and too dense to see it. 
Which is why it's always fun poking you.

Just now, madmaltese said:

You and literally everyone else know nothing about what Sony is doing because they haven't said a word. We don't even know of a single Sony first party game from next gen yet. you moron. Meanwhile you're hyping studios :mj: Studios that are so far beneath the calibre of sony first party that it isn't even fair to compare. 

But yeah you know what Series X is doing... LITERALLY THIS:

'Sony has the same shit as they have now. With prettier graphics. OK'

Not even figuratively, but literally the exact thing you have now but with prettier graphics :biggrin:

You're the biggest hypocrite here and too dense to see it. 
Which is why it's always fun poking you.

Exactly , im not planning on being a BLIND fanboy like you just willing to jump on PS5 with NOTHING but a logo. You will hate on Xbox no matter what.

I see MS buying a ton of studios with games im interested in. I see sony doing nothing but making the same style game over and over. And that's it. If they change that maybe ill change my opinion of them.

With X right now its resolution, graphics don't matter. But with PS5, its oh, must be tech first, cross gen is a no. You are the hypocrite. Your current PC will probably run next gen games better than a PS5, yet you wont use it.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea you're right.

MS wants to be there with their service and games for gamepass at every price level.

Console you already have? Check.

Next gen console high end? Check.

Next gen console low end? Check.

PC you already have? Check.

Mobile with xCloud? Check.

They really aren't worried too much anymore about the box.  It really is the services and offering an entry point to those services.

Will be interesting to see how they navigate this transition.  What they are wanting to do makes perfect sense to me... but whether it pays off for them will remain to be seen.

Yeah their direction is super clear. Imo they have leaned too far into that direction though. I think nothing would've helped an xbox console launch more than an exclusive Halo game (meaning Series X and PC) and they need all the momentum into the new gen if their model is going to work because they need gigantic GP numbers for this to be more profitable than the usual methods that Sony and Ninty make a killing from. 

Going to be a very interesting generation though, one that will probably shape gaming for the future.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You can't bash MS for this decision because given their strategy it makes perfect sense. The issue is that Sony is acting like a real platform holder and biting the bullet and going for day 1 exclusive at the cost of software sales. Since hardware is key to them. Makes MS's effort obviously feel half hearted.

Here's the thing though... what if Sony's titles released specifically for PS5... don't look THAT much different or better than say Halo Infinite or Hellblade 2 or something like that on Series X?

MS can certainly release games on both generations and actually make the next gen verisons look better..  This isn't like the One/OneX situation.  The CPU and GPU power is there to do much more and MS could make the games graphically far more pleasing.  The visuals can be scaled down.

So what I'm asking is what kind of crazy gameplay innovation are you expecting from Sony next gen within the first 2 years?

Edited by Remij_
Just now, JONBpc said:

Exactly , im not planning on being a BLIND fanboy like you just willing to jump on PS5 with NOTHING but a logo. You will hate on Xbox no matter what.

I see MS buying a ton of studios with games im interested in. I see sony doing nothing but making the same style game over and over. And that's it. If they change that maybe ill change my opinion of them.

With X right now its resolution, graphics don't matter. But with PS5, its oh, must be tech first, cross gen is a no. You are the hypocrite. Your current PC will probably run next gen games better than a PS5, yet you wont use it.

360 was my primary system last gen (didn't get a PS3 till years after) and One would've been if they weren't so shit this gen. You've been an xbox fangirl your whole life. 

How can you be interested in unannounced games from studio acquisitions :biggrin: Can't wait for you to be all excited for The Initiative game which is going to be a Naughty Dog / Sony Santa Monica rip off. You already do that with budget God of War (Hellbalde) :reg:

I haven't even mentioned a word about PS5 because there is nothing to say. I comment on Xbox stuff when they reveal info. Just like this. Zero exclusives at launch means PS5 even having 1 makes it more enticing. 

Look at you hold onto the dream of day 1 PS5 exclusives on PC. So desperate to play them but such a irl fanboy that he doesn't want to buy a PS5.

360 was my primary system last gen (didn't get a PS3 till years after) and One would've been if they weren't so shit this gen. You've been an xbox fangirl your whole life. 

How can you be interested in unannounced games from studio acquisitions :biggrin: Can't wait for you to be all excited for The Initiative game which is going to be a Naughty Dog / Sony Santa Monica rip off. You already do that with budget God of War (Hellbalde) :reg:

I haven't even mentioned a word about PS5 because there is nothing to say. I comment on Xbox stuff when they reveal info. Just like this. Zero exclusives at launch means PS5 even having 1 makes it more enticing. 

Look at you hold onto the dream of day 1 PS5 exclusives on PC. So desperate to play them but such a irl fanboy that he doesn't want to buy a PS5.

Ive owned almost every console ever made.

Im not interested in the ones not announced, like you are with Sony.  Link to where Initiative is a ND clone. 

It sounds like you are just making stuff up, and getting mad, as always, because I don't care about Sonys 3rd person, cinematic action games. That really hurts your feelings for some reason.

Im not desperate to play them. If I wanted to play them, I could, and would. You are just upset, that sony is going to go in the same direction as MS. They already are, you refuse to see it.  So please quit calling me a fanboy, when its CLEAR, that you are a fanboy, outside of this forum, while I am just one, inside.

You are such a whiney douche lol

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

Ive owned almost every console ever made.

Im not interested in the ones not announced, like you are with Sony.  Link to where Initiative is a ND clone. 

It sounds like you are just making stuff up, and getting mad, as always, because I don't care about Sonys 3rd person, cinematic action games. That really hurts your feelings for some reason.

Im not desperate to play them. If I wanted to play them, I could, and would. You are just upset, that sony is going to go in the same direction as MS. They already are, you refuse to see it.  So please quit calling me a fanboy, when its CLEAR, that you are a fanboy, outside of this forum, while I am just one, inside.

You are such a whiney douche lol

Yeah, clear I am outside the forums which is why you try and troll me about playing Crackdown, State of Decay and every xbox exclusive :mj: meanwhile you literally don't play GOTYs because they are Sony games. 

Why do you always think everyone is upset when talking to you? Im upset, GD upset, Jerry upset, Remij upset, Gouk upset, etc. Everyone who talks to you is always upset when we literally all just laugh at the tings you say.:D

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah, clear I am outside the forums which is why you try and troll me about playing Crackdown, State of Decay and every xbox exclusive :mj: meanwhile you literally don't play GOTYs because they are Sony games. 

Why do you always think everyone is upset when talking to you? Im upset, GD upset, Jerry upset, Remij upset, Gouk upset, etc. Everyone who talks to you is always upset when we literally all just laugh at the tings you say.:D

holy shit........jonb is straight-up getting buttfucked with these posts.:lawl: