Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

Just now, jehurey said:

You just admitted I correctly said all those things back then, including the low-medium settings.

Thank you.

I don't need them to "help" me.......because I was already correctly.

Sorry, but your ret-conning bullshit isn't going to work.

Microsoft did almost no improvement to graphical effects from BASE Xbox versions, the only except I can think of is adding more grass in the Halo MCC.

Gears 5 is even criticized for being a barren open-world, and as noted here on this very forum........it got downgraded from the preview footage as well.

Not looking good.

Nope.. Sorry dude.  You were wrong back then (especially about the low medium settings thing) and you're wrong again now. 

MS did almost no improvement to their individual games.... because it wasn't about building different looking games... MS even told you this right from the VERY START... which is where your strawman came in.  MS' goal was about scaling up the resolution of XO games for 4K displays.  Other devs could do what they wanted...  MS hits the 4K mark in the vast majority of their games.  They met their goal they set out for.

You tried to gatekeep the meaning of a "4K console" and you got denied.  You're getting denied here again. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope.. Sorry dude.  You were wrong back then (especially about the low medium settings thing) and you're wrong again now. 

MS did almost no improvement to their individual games.... because it wasn't about building different looking games... MS even told you this right from the VERY START... which is where your strawman came in.  MS' goal was about scaling up the resolution of XO games for 4K displays.  Other devs could do what they wanted...  MS hits the 4K mark in the vast majority of their games.  They met their goal they set out for.

You tried to gatekeep the meaning of a "4K console" and you got denied.  You're getting denied here again. 

Nope I was perfectly correct about the low to medium settings, because I showed you the difference with Digital Foundry analyzing Forza when it came out in 2017 for the XBX, and they did a 800% closeup with the PC version of Forza, and it was clear as day that it was lower settings.

Screenshotted it and posted it here for you...........and you ran away, bigtime.

Sorry.........your retconning isn't working.

Microsoft is not going to develop two radically, and optimized versions of their first party games.

Halo Infinite is going to be an up-port, and deep down inside..........you know it already.:trump:

LOL, he's now retconning Microsoft's "goals" with the XBX.  Have shitty low-graphics games at 2160p. THat's a hell of a goal.

Edited by jehurey
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope I was perfectly correct about the low to medium settings, because I showed you the difference with Digital Foundry analyzing Forza when it came out in 2017 for the XBX, and they did a 800% closeup with the PC version of Forza, and it was clear as day that it was lower settings.

Nah.  You were wrong.  Even now you're trying to equate "low to medium" as any single setting being lower than PC's ultra.

It's laughable.

9 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How many AAA first party games that fall into this kind of graphical disparity category are you thinking are going to release in the first year or so? I mean lets be real here, maybe 3-4? It's not like it's some massive undertaking, they can contract it, they can do it themselves, mechanically it might not even be inhibiting from the onset.

There's so many variables none of you take into account and just run to the end of the road screaming. 

It's not a massive undertaking he says :mjpls:

Like I said you're clueless. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

It's not a massive undertaking he says :mjpls:

Like I said you're clueless. 

lmao... the 360 and XO were completely different architecturally... that "huge undertaking" was having multiple teams and the architectures necessitating a complete rethink of the design..

Nowadays that's not entirely necessary... and the architectures are extremely similar, dev tools and engines are similar, and scale much better than they did before.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

You can argue scalability and settings all you want, but a console with no exclusives a year after launch, possibly even more is a god damn joke.

You think anyone here from the PS5 side would be defending this bullshit? They'd say Sony sucks ass.

Yes... I absolutely think they would defend this.  Where the fuck else are you going to go?

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

You can argue scalability and settings all you want, but a console with no exclusives a year after launch, possibly even more is a god damn joke.

You think anyone here from the PS5 side would be defending this bullshit? They'd say Sony sucks ass.

if the roles were reversed - all microsoft xsx games next gen only from day 1, all sony ps5 games cross gen for 1-2 years - 

you’d be hearing from dynamite:

”sony is holding back progress, anyone defending this shit are cave people who should fuck off”

you’d be hearing from jon:

”ps5 is a last gen console, XSX is the only next gen console, ps5 was a mistake” repeated 20k times

but because theyre literally incapable of taking L’s and saying anything bad about xbox, they have to pretend “it’s fine” and “make sense” :kaz: 

5 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  You were wrong.  Even now you're trying to equate "low to medium" as any single setting being lower than PC's ultra.

It's laughable.

Nope, I didn't equate that. Digital Foundry did that.

You keep on moving your goalposts and trying to retcon what I was saying.

It doesn't work. Not with somebody who has a memory and can recall it immediately.

Edited by jehurey
20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yes... I absolutely think they would defend this.  Where the fuck else are you going to go?

You didn't see cows defending the Vita when it was failing to be competitive or when we could see the amount of games dwindling.

They didn't rely on an increasingly ridiculous set of arguments and moving goalposts as you see the lemmings are doing now.

What the lemmings are SAYING out of their mouths right now almost borders on straight-up gas-lighting.

You're saying shit that you and I, and everybody on this forum, CLEARLY know you don't actually believe.

Most of the games being developed started on this gen hardware .

Why make halo XSX exclusive ? Just because ? 

I laugh at cows thinking Sony is going to have a bunch of cutting edge games that couldn't be done on today's hardware .

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Remij said that the Forza 7 or 8, I forgot the number would be a definite Series X launch exclusive when the rumours of this came out before Matt Booty confirmed it. So let's not pretend 1-2 years was something expected.

What?  I never said Forza 8 would be a definite Series X launch exclusive...

Where the fuck do you pull this bullshit from?  If I said anything about Forza 8... it's that it would be built from the ground up for Series X/PC... which I'm 100% sticking to :shrug: 

I'm not going to pretend that I expected 1-2 years of no exclusives though.  I thought there would be some exclusive games. :shrug:

Edited by Remij_
19 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Most of the games being developed started on this gen hardware .

Why make halo XSX exclusive ? Just because ? 

I laugh at cows thinking Sony is going to have a bunch of cutting edge games that couldn't be done on today's hardware .

Is this the new excuse?

"well, it started development on last gen hardware":chester:

It's not an excuse , its reality . That's why tlou 2, and Ghostz and such are launching for ps4,  when ps5 is coming just a few months later .

Why didnt they push those back and be ps5 exclusives ? Cause money .

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

It's not an excuse , its reality . That's why tlou 2, and Ghostz and such are launching for ps4,  when ps5 is coming just a few months later .

LMAO Jerry ran into a wall with this one :hest: 

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

because ps4 games launch on ps4 as ps4 exclusives? shocking concept i know :hest: