Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yes we do... and if those games launch on PS5... they're cross gen games.  You're NOT changing that fact lmao...

No they're not.

Sorry..........I know you're trying to be clever with the use of the phrase "launch on PS5"

If the box says its a PS4 game...........they're not "launching on" the PS5.

That statement is true for a PS4 game that is released in 2021 or even 2022.......if its developed for PS4, and its in a PS4 box, its launching on PS4.

Its very simple. Let me show you:

Is this a game "launching on Wii U"???????

81TnGvMEuIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

Just now, Remij_ said:

What are those exclusives going to do technically that makes them unable to be ported to PS4?

Ray-tracing, SSD speeds, VRS, up the graphical fidelity, animations, etc. Don't play stupid.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What are those exclusives going to do technically that makes them unable to be ported to PS4?

Oh man............we are watching a TEXTBOOK example of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy being employed in the most desperate way possible.

They're absolutely livid at the fact that Halo Infinite was an Xbox One game, and its being ported to Scarlett.........so they're now trying to call EVERYTHING an up-port.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Ray-tracing, SSD speeds, VRS, up the graphical fidelity, animations, etc. Don't play stupid.

lmao... you can't think of a single thing to tell me how the game design will be different.... everything you listed had everything to do with visuals... which can easily be scaled down.

Ray tracing? lol.. see any game out with RT....

SSD speeds?  More frequent loading on last gen consoles...

VRS? Uh... dynamic res.. lower res.. ect..

Graphical fidelity?  Lower the fidelity...

Animations? reduce the physics, limit the number of characters on screen at a time.. ect..

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes they are you dumb fuck.  If they are developed for PS5, and given a specific PS5 release they are cross gen.... LMAO dude... you're NOT changing that fact.

Let me know when there's a SECOND sku for TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

But, from everything we have been told...............there is only ONE SKU for TLOU2, and ONE SKU for Ghosts of Tsushima.

.........and those are PS4 games.

You're not smart enough to attempt slight of hand and slip in specific language that changes the context of what you are saying.

Not with me.

Just now, jehurey said:

Let me know when there's a SECOND sku for TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima.

But, from everything we have been told...............there is only ONE SKU for TLOU2, and ONE SKU for Ghosts of Tsushima.

.........and those are PS4 games.

You're not smart enough to attempt slight of hand and slip in specific language that changes the context of what you are saying.

Not with me.

So what you're saying in this post... is that I'm right if they do release a PS5 sku.... So you're saying what I've been saying is right all along.  I even said "if they release PS5 specific versions of these games" to you.... and you continued to argue with me.

Dude... I'm a lot smarter than you... because I already addressed this before directly to you...  It shows that you're just arguing to argue with me.  If you doubt there's going to be PS5 versions of those games.. then fine.  I'm not arguing with you... but that DOESN'T make what I said wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Well it was directly in response to something you said... so if it doesn't matter.. then what you said doesn't either  

merely responding to my post doesnt guarantee your post will be as flawlessly executed and on topic as mine :shrug:

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So what you're saying in this post... is that I'm right if they do release a PS5 sku.... So you're saying what I've been saying is right all along.  I even said "if they release PS5 specific versions of these games" to you.... and you continued to argue with me.

Dude... I'm a lot smarter than you... because I already addressed this before directly to you...  It shows that you're just arguing to argue with me.  If you doubt there's going to be PS5 versions of those games.. then fine.  I'm not arguing with you... but that DOESN'T make what I said wrong. 

No....because if you were in agreement, you would drop all pretense of this "cross-talk" and "launching on PS5"

Why would you even be speculating any of this, when you have no proof?

Because you are trying to create a FALSE-EQUIVALENCY between these PS4 games and what is happening with Microsoft first-party games like Halo Infinite.

Halo Infinite is now an ADVERTISED SCARLETT GAME.....its not being used to PROMOTE a new hardware launch.

........which is embarassing, because we all know that it will not be a radically different game than what is going to run on Xbox One S/XBX.  It will run like a game that was up-ported.

You were trying to say that TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima's releases were going to be similar.

Don't deny it.

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao... you can't think of a single thing to tell me how the game design will be different.... everything you listed had everything to do with visuals... which can easily be scaled down.

Ray tracing? lol.. see any game out with RT....

SSD speeds?  More frequent loading on last gen consoles...

VRS? Uh... dynamic res.. lower res.. ect..

Graphical fidelity?  Lower the fidelity...

Animations? reduce the physics, limit the number of characters on screen at a time.. ect..

Grasping for straws much? :mj: Everything I said is what technically can't be done... the question you asked stupid fuck. :rofls: 

The idea of PlayStation 5 games being designed around next generation hardware with no handicaps (Xbox One) and only learning curves (new hardware) is just :aitch:. Keep sucking that lemming cock. :juggle: 

Just now, jehurey said:

No....because if you were in agreement, you would drop all pretense of this "cross-talk" and "launching on PS5"

Why would you even be speculating any of this, when you have no proof?

Because you are trying to create a FALSE-EQUIVALENCY between these PS4 games and what is happening with Microsoft first-party games like Halo Infinite.

Halo Infinite is now an ADVERTISED SCARLETT GAME.....its not being used to PROMOTE a new hardware launch.

........which is embarassing, because we all know that it will not be a radically different game than what is going to run on Xbox One S/XBX.  It will run like a game that was up-ported.

You were trying to say that TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima's releases were going to be similar.

Don't deny it.

Now you're trying to change the topic to be not about whether what I said was wrong or right... but rather if I have proof of what I'm saying is happening or not... lmao  You're done.

And on top of that you're literally trying to create a narrative to help you build that bridge you're trying to cross.

It's not working.  What I said was correct... and you're just mad because you know it. LOL

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Grasping for straws much? :mj: Everything I said is what technically can't be done... the question you asked stupid fuck. :rofls: 

The idea of PlayStation 5 games being designed around next generation hardware with no handicaps (Xbox One) and only learning curves (new hardware) is just :aitch:. Keep sucking that lemming cock. :juggle: 

I guess pc games came be on console to......oops , no that's not right lmao TCHBO

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It doesn't need to be done for the game to exist.... is my point. LMAO... idiot.

:chester:: "What can this new gaming hardware do that the previous couldn't do?"

:chester:: "LMFAOO!!!! Typical you would list such petulant things!!! That's not really impressive compared to any cutting-edge PC right now"

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Now you're trying to change the topic to be not about whether what I said was wrong or right... but rather if I have proof of what I'm saying is happening or not... lmao  You're done.

And on top of that you're literally trying to create a narrative to help you build that bridge you're trying to cross.

It's not working.  What I said was correct... and you're just mad because you know it. LOL

I'm not changing the topic.............I've simply cut through to the root of what you were trying to achieve.

You guys did not start whining about Sony games around the PS5 launch timeframe until THIS THREAD was created in which they are clearly saying that Xbox Series X will not have any exclusive games, and basically all Microsoft first-party games in development for 2020 and at least 2021 are ALSO BEING DEVELOPED all the way down to Xbox One S.

This is the entire reason you're tried to talk about these Sony games. I've cut through the bullshit, and reached your core.

Just now, lynux3 said:

And you continue to miss the entire point of this thread. 

You continue to be unable to list anything game design-wise that would not be possible on PS4...  You literally listed a bunch of graphical shit. 

Dumb as fux

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You continue to be unable to list anything game design-wise that would not be possible on PS4...  You literally listed a bunch of graphical shit. 

Dumb as fux

So now it's design wise and not technical? Not surprising you have to move goal posts to continue an argument you lost pages ago. :tom: 

PlayStation 5 exclusives designed around next gen hardware with no compromises (Xbox One) and only learning curves (new hardware). :juggle: 

Just now, jehurey said:

I'm not changing the topic.............I've simply cut through to the root of what you were trying to achieve.

You guys did not start whining about Sony games around the PS5 launch timeframe until THIS THREAD was created in which they are clearly saying that Xbox Series X will not have any exclusive games, and basically all Microsoft first-party games in development for 2020 and at least 2021 are ALSO BEING DEVELOPED all the way down to Xbox One S.

This is the entire reason you're tried to talk about these Sony games. I've cut through the bullshit, and reached your core.

So...you can't refute what I said.

So now you're building the narrative that I'm making some other argument... lmao.  You simply can't accept that you're wrong about something and leave it at that... 

What you're doing... is building an argument for me and trying to get ahead of it and prove it wrong.... :kaz: 

Stawmanhurey :francis: