Matt Booty (Xbox): Our titles for the next year or two will not be next gen exclusive

Just now, lynux3 said:

So now it's design wise and not technical? Not surprising you have to move goal posts to continue an argument you lost pages ago. :tom: 

PlayStation 5 exclusives designed around next gen hardware with no compromises (Xbox One) and only learning curves (new hardware). :juggle: 

:cosby2: 

Holy fucking shit you can't be this stupid...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both of those describe Xbox.

Wish you'd do that for all your posts  

2 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

lemmings are literally defending playing xbox one level games for 9 years :mj:

Here's the excuse list:

Ray tracing? lol.. see any game out with RT....

SSD speeds?  More frequent loading on last gen consoles...

VRS? Uh... dynamic res.. lower res.. ect..

Graphical fidelity?  Lower the fidelity...

Animations? reduce the physics, limit the number of characters on screen at a time.. ect..

:tom: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

This is literally all you have left. Petty insults because you've run out of room to move those posts. :rofls: 

lmao.. yes that's all that's left to say to you... because you're so fucking stupid that I can't realistically have a discussion with you.

The question asks what kinds of games could be possible on the new hardware and not scaled back to the old hardware.  That relates to game design.... because VISUALS can easily be scaled down..  So what about the CORE of the game... is going to make it not possible on PS4?  How would devs have to drastically redesign the game to make a similar product for the last gen...

The thing that sucks is that I can ask these questions in an honest manner.. to really try to understand what some of you guys think next gen consoles might be capable of that really changes the game... but it's always met with the same SW mentality bullshit.  Yes... I'm obviously trying to prove a point... but I'm also trying to be proven wrong about why MY thoughts are on the initial games for next gen.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

lmao.. yes that's all that's left to say to you... because you're so fucking stupid that I can't realistically have a discussion with you.

The question asks what kinds of games could be possible on the new hardware and not scaled back to the old hardware.  That relates to game design.... because VISUALS can easily be scaled down..  So what about the CORE of the game... is going to make it not possible on PS4?  How would devs have to drastically redesign the game to make a similar product for the last gen...

The thing that sucks is that I can ask these questions in an honest manner.. to really try to understand what some of you guys think next gen consoles might be capable of that really changes the game... but it's always met with the same SW mentality bullshit.  Yes... I'm obviously trying to prove a point... but I'm also trying to be proven wrong about why MY thoughts are on the initial games for next gen.

Ray tracing? lol.. see any game out with RT....

SSD speeds?  More frequent loading on last gen consoles...

VRS? Uh... dynamic res.. lower res.. ect..

Graphical fidelity?  Lower the fidelity...

Animations? reduce the physics, limit the number of characters on screen at a time.. ect..

:ovolol:

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So...you can't refute what I said.

So now you're building the narrative that I'm making some other argument... lmao.  You simply can't accept that you're wrong about something and leave it at that... 

What you're doing... is building an argument for me and trying to get ahead of it and prove it wrong.... :kaz: 

Stawmanhurey :francis: 

You are trying to make that argument. You're just trying to hide it behind some other bullshit.

.......and its not fooling anybody.

You suddenly deciding to question what is considered a cross-gen game.........when NOBODY was ever in need of clarifying it to begin with.

You were trying to OBFUSCATE, son.

And you know it.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

digital foundry with dat same sw mentality bullshit

14 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

lemmings are literally defending playing xbox one level games for 9 years :mj:

Phil Spencer: "That'll be another $500, plz":chester:"This time it will be real 4K, and maybe even 60fps"

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You are trying to make that argument. You're just trying to hide it behind some other bullshit.

.......and its not fooling anybody.

You suddenly deciding to question what is considered a cross-gen game.........when NOBODY was ever in need of clarifying it to begin with.

You were trying to OBFUSCATE, son.

And you know it.

No.... YOU are trying to make that argument FOR me....

lmao

Just now, Remij_ said:

No.... YOU are trying to make that argument FOR me....

lmao

Dude.......I knew you were engaging in bullshit the MOMENT you typed "when they release on PS5".

You were trying to obfuscate, so I went and I listed the ONLY TWO ways that your PHRASING of "when they release on PS5" could possibly mean:

1.) You're trying to say that TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima are 'releasing on PS5", and I listed what is clearly wrong about that

2.) You're trying to say that there's a specific sku of those games that will be releasing on PS5

I made sure to cover both ends of that, so that you couldn't try and HOP-SKIP your way out of this. Which is why you're just trying to pick up the ball and go home. at this point.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Has John said what he expects next gen to bring that isn't possible with a last gen port?

Lmao john was having yet another mental break on era because he said it was cause him too much work .

Sony fans supported him , even tho they trashed him and DF when they did the xbox vs ps spec video , almost made him quit his job hahaha 

Just now, jehurey said:

Dude.......I knew you were engaging in bullshit the MOMENT you typed "when they release on PS5".

You were trying to obfuscate, so I went and I listed the ONLY TWO ways that your PHRASING of "when they release on PS5" could possibly mean:

1.) You're trying to say that TLOU2 and Ghosts of Tsushima are 'releasing on PS5", and I listed what is clearly wrong about that

2.) You're trying to say that there's a specific sku of those games that will be releasing on PS5

I made sure to cover both ends of that, so that you couldn't try and HOP-SKIP your way out of this. Which is why you're just trying to pick up the ball and go home. at this point.

I didn't type "when they release on PS5"  I typed "if"... and that was specifically regarding my point about "cross gen games"....  Jer... you're not smarter than me.

So now that the argument about "what is a cross gen game" is over... you're trying to argue about something else... that I've not said.

You're strawmanning the fuck out of this thread.  It's what you do.  It's what you also did back on Sidescrollers with the X1X shit.  

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to build an argument from me... You're wasting your time... and mine.