What's the worst nightmare you can remember having?

2 minutes ago, Chicano3000 said:

You had a lovecraftian dream I assume...

it was mommy issues probably. maybe he didn't get the video game he wanted, which explains his obsession of living in a gamestop. :mj: 

47 minutes ago, kaz said:

Try then? It doesn't have to make sense, you can still recapitulate if you know some of the details. 

Okay here goes.

My friend Blake and I were driving down this hill in our town that leads to this bridge about 75 feet above the river, on the way over the crest of the hill this big ass lifted truck comes barreling into our lane passing another car. As a result of this we spin out of control trying to avoid it, crash through the barrier on the bridge and then go over, everything goes black.

Everything comes back and next thing I know I'm standing in the river totally confused, I look around and as I begin to turn I see someone else standing in the river facing away from me next to the truck which is upside down in the water so I slowly walk over. As I'm walking over I notice some strange hand movements, the closer I get I begin to realize the person I am looking at is myself. I walk closer and look at what the other me is doing with my hands and see that there is a tiny me held in my left hand which this other me standing in the river is furiously giving chest compressions to with the tip of his finger, everything goes black again. 

Next thing I know I'm in some decrepit old house which looks like it was filled with strange color lighting, blues, reds, purples and so on, pentagrams, there's old turn of the century rugs, old drapes over the windows, the paint is peeling off the walls, the floor boards were aged and uneven and it seems like it was a house decorated by witches or gypsies. As I'm carefully walking through the house I see this very old woman sitting in a beat up old chair in the corner, she kind of looked like a babushka with a veil over her head. I walk up to her and kneel down and she just sits there rocking back and forth. I ask her "What is going on? Where am I?" and she slowly replies with "You didn't survive"...

I start panicking and run outside trying to get away from this place and all I see is a blanket of fog covering everything, nothing can be made out except for the house behind me. The next thing I know I hear a car and desperately start running in the direction of the noise, as I get closer and closer I start screaming "Wait! Wait!" and before I know it I come through the other end of the fog and notice the car pulls into the driveway of the same house I just ran away from. I look in the car and see my friend Tristen sitting in the front seat and somehow I end up in the passenger seat sitting in the driveway. I keep trying over and over again to get his attention and nothing is working, he's just sitting there oblivious to my presence, and then I finally scream in total panic and as if he distantly heard me he starts looking around completely confused. Everything goes black a third time.

When I come to again I am standing in front of an old looking small church with a steeple that looks like something out of a Tim Burton film. It's the middle of the night, a clear sky, full moon and there's fog lining the ground with what looks to be a cemetary next to it. I venture through the fog and come to the back of church which leads up to a hill with a single bent and twisted looking tree at the top of the cliff face with a small lantern lit light post next to it. I get up to the top of the hill and examine the tree, then the lamp post and hear something moving behind me. When I turn around the most terrifying incarnation of the Grim Reaper imaginable is standing there with a glistening scythe, black smoke pouring from the openings in his cloak and an opening to his hood which looked like nothing but total darkness. I sit there and stare at him for a minute completely frozen in fear and then he slowly says "It's time to go", he grabs me and starts dragging me to the cemetary down the hill as I scream completely powerless against his grip. 

When we get there the ground begins to loosen, he slowly starts sinking into the Earth pulling me along with him. I can't get a grip on anything, nothing I can do can stop what's taking place and with one final gasp I scream again as I'm pulled into the ground.

I wake up. 

That's all I can remember to make it somewhat cohesive, there's more details but I can't align them properly. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Upvote 1

nice read, dyno. I think these dreams about dying are pretty common. I have seen the grim reaper as well, I'm sure it was the real one in like one or two cases because I felt like shit and was scared when I woke up.

In the movie mothman prophecies, with richard gere there is this one scene where a couple describes seeing this black huge moth standing outside besides a tree. And then they show a drawing of it. Always sends a cold feeling down my spine because this how my grim reaper "felt". I don't know how to explain but I can't describe him but I think it was similar like you described, black smoke surrounding it and the head not visible only darkness I have never seen before, like I could jump on his face and I would get sucked in and fall down a hole. 

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

nice read, dyno. I think these dreams about dying are pretty common. I have seen the grim reaper as well, I'm sure it was the real one in like one or two cases because I felt like shit and was scared when I woke up.

In the movie mothman prophecies, with richard gere there is this one scene where a couple describes seeing this black huge moth standing outside besides a tree. And then they show a drawing of it. Always sends a cold feeling down my spine because this how my grim reaper "felt". I don't know how to explain but I can't describe him but I think it was similar like you described, black smoke surrounding it and the head not visible only darkness I have never seen before, like I could jump on his face and I would get sucked in and fall down a hole. 

As a note to the dream, I had just drank an 18 pack of beer and killed a half gallon of vodka with a friend; so maybe I was actually dying but pulled through it.

:dame:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

My last dog had a brain tumor and had a couple of grand mal seizures as a result. We put her down and it was obviously hard, but for the next few months I'd periodically have nightmares about her having one and it would just absolutely wreck me. Had to sneak away to not wake up my wife and just ugly cry into a pillow in the bathroom.

Sry to hear that man, that's pretty rough...

53 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Okay here goes.

My friend Blake and I were driving down this hill in our town that leads to this bridge about 75 feet above the river, on the way over the crest of the hill this big ass lifted truck comes barreling into our lane passing another car. As a result of this we spin out of control trying to avoid it, crash through the barrier on the bridge and then go over, everything goes black.

Everything comes back and next thing I know I'm standing in the river totally confused, I look around and as I begin to turn I see someone else standing in the river facing away from me next to the truck which is upside down in the water so I slowly walk over. As I'm walking over I notice some strange hand movements, the closer I get I begin to realize the person I am looking at is myself. I walk closer and look at what the other me is doing with my hands and see that there is a tiny me held in my left hand which this other me standing in the river is furiously giving chest compressions to with the tip of his finger, everything goes black again. 

Next thing I know I'm in some decrepit old house which looks like it was filled with strange color lighting, blues, reds, purples and so on, pentagrams, there's old turn of the century rugs, old drapes over the windows, the paint is peeling off the walls, the floor boards were aged and uneven and it seems like it was a house decorated by witches or gypsies. As I'm carefully walking through the house I see this very old woman sitting in a beat up old chair in the corner, she kind of looked like a babushka with a veil over her head. I walk up to her and kneel down and she just sits there rocking back and forth. I ask her "What is going on? Where am I?" and she slowly replies with "You didn't survive"...

I start panicking and run outside trying to get away from this place and all I see is a blanket of fog covering everything, nothing can be made out except for the house behind me. The next thing I know I hear a car and desperately start running in the direction of the noise, as I get closer and closer I start screaming "Wait! Wait!" and before I know it I come through the other end of the fog and notice the car pulls into the driveway of the same house I just ran away from. I look in the car and see my friend Tristen sitting in the front seat and somehow I end up in the passenger seat sitting in the driveway. I keep trying over and over again to get his attention and nothing is working, he's just sitting there oblivious to my presence, and then I finally scream in total panic and as if he distantly heard me he starts looking around completely confused. Everything goes black a third time.

When I come to again I am standing in front of an old looking small church with a steeple that looks like something out of a Tim Burton film. It's the middle of the night, a clear sky, full moon and there's fog lining the ground with what looks to be a cemetary next to it. I venture through the fog and come to the back of church which leads up to a hill with a single bent and twisted looking tree at the top of the cliff face with a small lantern lit light post next to it. I get up to the top of the hill and examine the tree, then the lamp post and hear something moving behind me. When I turn around the most terrifying incarnation of the Grim Reaper imaginable is standing there with a glistening scythe, black smoke pouring from the openings in his cloak and an opening to his hood which looked like nothing but total darkness. I sit there and stare at him for a minute completely frozen in fear and then he slowly says "It's time to go", he grabs me and starts dragging me to the cemetary down the hill as I scream completely powerless against his grip. 

When we get there the ground begins to loosen, he slowly starts sinking into the Earth pulling me along with him. I can't get a grip on anything, nothing I can do can stop what's taking place and with one final gasp I scream again as I'm pulled into the ground.

I wake up. 

That's all I can remember to make it somewhat cohesive, there's more details but I can't align them properly. 

That is pretty intense. Intense in how your dream just plays out like a story. My dreams are sort of just random. One minute I'm having an issue with a particular life vent, next thing I know i'm just chilling in the living room with shrek and my uncle...

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, kaz said:

Dude, dreams about death have always been weird. I think it's because I think about it alot. Something weirdly comforting about them...

42 minutes ago, Chicano3000 said:

That is pretty intense. Intense in how your dream just plays out like a story. My dreams are sort of just random. One minute I'm having an issue with a particular life vent, next thing I know i'm just chilling in the living room with shrek and my uncle...

It did sound as if it were all connected, but I doubt that dream felt like that for him. Dreams are always butchered - whether the "overall" plot makes sense or not.

I think I would be more scared of Shrek turning up in my dreams for no reason than the grim reaper. 

Edited by kaz