Jason Schreier (Kotaku Splitscreen) : "Sony will have PS5 only titles at launch"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're also the same people that were ragging on MS releasing a new Xbox One X console and saying that MS would be forcing them to buy yet ANOTHER $500 in the very near future... and now we have MS c

Finally this bullshit will go away.      

I don't know, bro. Publishers have been skimping lately. Unfishined games have become a common thing, knowing they can pash the problems away. I can't trust these fools to do all you just wrote.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I think it's possible to create a very different version of "the same game"... consoles used to do this.  Console architectures used to be VERY different even between the same generation.  I'm expecting different higher poly assets with higher res textures, more effects, faster framerates.  Developers who are so inclined can put this effort in.  And MS would be so inclined to push the capabilities of their new console... even with a cross gen game.  Assets specifically will be built for the new console.. I can almost guarantee it.  Even the game design could be altered a bit to take advantage of the new hardware where people on the old systems might have to deal with more loading pauses, and stuff like that.

I don't know, bro. Publishers have been skimping lately. Unfishined games have become a common thing, knowing they can pash the problems away. I can't trust these fools to do all you just wrote.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I feel ya.  I'm just saying it's possible.  It's not like games HAVE to be just upres and fps.  If MS expects to sell Series X consoles and the games they release for the first 2 years are just upres and fps increase, especially when they're all on PC too... they're going to have a rough time marketing the console.

I don't believe that will be the case though.  I think there will be enough of a difference in the games, and the hardware itself will have enough features that make it desirable.  Halo Infinite will be a huge launch all around.. XO fam, PC, and Series X.  It should do some amazing numbers.. and hopefully kick off the gen right for MS.

Edited by Remij_
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I feel ya.  I'm just saying it's possible.  It's not like games HAVE to be just upres and fps.  If MS expects to sell Series X consoles and the games they release for the first 2 years are just upres and fps increase, especially when they're all on PC too... they're going to have a rough time marketing the console.

I don't believe that will be the case though.  I think there will be enough of a difference in the games, and the hardware itself will have enough features that make it desirable.  Halo Infinite will be a huge launch all around.. XO fam, PC, and Series X.  It should do some amazing numbers.. and hopefully kick off the gen right for MS.

These is the same MS that had that crappy launch for the one X. I rather keep gaming on pc while owning a switch and ps5 on the side

26 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

its common sense to everyone but dynamite, jon, and sometimes remij 

I get that.  All I'm saying is that it IS possible to differentiate two versions of "the same game" enough to make a person want the new hardware.  Games CAN be developed for Series X and scaled down.  Games on XO consoles could have far more loading, pauses in gameplay.. paired back AI and effects and visuals.

We'll just have to see what MS does. 

1 minute ago, Alphonse said:

These is the same MS that had that crappy launch for the one X. I rather keep gaming on pc while owning a switch and ps5 on the side

We'll see.  I'm obviously doing the same.. since I don't really have to do anything.

I really do believe though that Halo Infinite on Series X will blow away the XO version and will make people want to upgrade.  Especially those on the original Xbox One.  If they release it and it's visually very similar.. I'll admit they fucked up and should have done more.

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here.. maybe when I shouldn't.. but I think Phil's got the right idea here for MS.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I get that.  All I'm saying is that it IS possible to differentiate two versions of "the same game" enough to make a person want the new hardware.  Games CAN be developed for Series X and scaled down.  Games on XO consoles could have far more loading, pauses in gameplay.. paired back AI and effects and visuals.

We'll just have to see what MS does. 

Or like the case of Forza Horizon 2 (a microsoft game) the Xbox One version and the Xbox 360 versions were completely different games.

People act like this hasn't been done before. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or like the case of Forza Horizon 2 (a microsoft game) the Xbox One version and the Xbox 360 versions were completely different games.

People act like this hasn't been done before. 

Exactly.  If they put in the effort, there will be a big difference between XO versions and the Series X version.

fh2.png

fh22.png

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Lemmings still haven't gotten their memo from MS it seems.

Remember games not being cross gen is anti consumer since you need to buy new hardware, as are exclusives, which are also anti consumer.

Who the hell is even saying that here? lmao

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Lemmings still haven't gotten their memo from MS it seems.

Remember games not being cross gen is anti consumer since you need to buy new hardware, as are exclusives, which are also anti consumer.

I'm frankly getting sick of you idiots concern trolling, the only people who seem to have some issue with this are ones who don't actually care one way or the other regardless. 

You're drama queens trying to make the non-problematic seem problematic, your smoke screen is quite transparent. 

• Upvote 1

The cross gen games with significant differences can be counted on one hand. In fact the biggest ones are most likely BF3 and BF4 (small 24 player maps on last gen, larger 64 player ones on current gen).

95% of them offer nothing but slightly better visuals on the better platforms and cant truly be considered next gen. If thats MS' strategy then they are going to become an even bigger laughing stock than they already are.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm frankly getting sick of you idiots concern trolling, the only people who seem to have some issue with this are ones who don't actually care one way or the other regardless. 

You're drama queens trying to make the non-problematic seem problematic, your smoke screen is quite transparent. 

There is no concern trolling. What's there to be concerned about exactly? XBox hardware is once again treated like an afterthought and lemmings need to suck it up.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

There is no concern trolling. What's there to be concerned about exactly? XBox hardware is once again treated like an afterthought and lemmings need to suck it up.

How is it treated like an afterthought? We have direct evidence of Microsoft doing this with a game before... You're concern trolling, you're being dramatic, you're trying to make this into a problem that it isn't.

Like seriously, shut up. 

aU6tjsW.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

How is it treated like an afterthought? We have direct evidence of Microsoft doing this with a game before... You're concern trolling, you're being dramatic, you're trying to make this into a problem that it isn't.

Like seriously, shut up. 

They're also the same people that were ragging on MS releasing a new Xbox One X console and saying that MS would be forcing them to buy yet ANOTHER $500 in the very near future... and now we have MS confirming that they are going to continue to support X1X and XO owners for a year or so after the launch of the Series X...

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They're also the same people that were ragging on MS releasing a new Xbox One X console and saying that MS would be forcing them to buy yet ANOTHER $500 in the very near future... and now we have MS confirming that they are going to continue to support X1X and XO owners for a year or so after the launch of the Series X...

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Isn't Jason Schreier also the one that these lunatics were running to about the PS5 being more powerful and all these "leaks" and shit from early last year? They still care about what he has to say why after more and more information is starting to refute those claims?

Hmm I wonder... They don't care about credibility or accuracy, they care about some supposed disadvantage to Microsoft. The writing is on the wall, they're nuts. 

:grimaceright:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Isn't Jason Schreier also the one that these lunatics were running to about the PS5 being more powerful and all these "leaks" and shit from early last year? They still care about what he has to say why after more and more information is starting to refute those claims?

Hmm I wonder... They don't care about credibility or accuracy, they care about some supposed disadvantage to Microsoft. The writing is on the wall, they're nuts. 

:grimaceright:

I dunno.  Jason may have heard what he heard and just repeated it.  It could be right, or wrong... or both now.. since things change.  I'm not going to try to discredit him or anything... but my thing is that I'm just curious as to what kind of difference in game design we'll see at launch of these consoles, that wouldn't be possible on last gen hardware at low settings?

I think there could be better, more sophisticated AI... more AI "actors" in a given gameplay section... more seamless world design.  Things which could currently probably work on last gen consoles by limiting the amount of enemies/characters, making the game pause to load more often.  Stuff like that.

Games could be designed for one, and scaled down to the other.  They could be similar in basic design, and pushed far ahead on the new console.

So I'm just wondering how a launch PS5 game looks compared to a game MS specifically develops to push Series X despite the fact that there's also XO versions?  I'm not sure it will be THAT huge.