• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Demon's Souls remaster day 1 - $500 with enough power that it still feels like a steal

Too many people expecting Horizon 2 at launch when I think Guerilla Games will launch with a different game. They are a two game studio studio now and the team that made horizon was last up. Not to me

Being able to play it without a PS3 is the big thing. A PS4 or PC port would have been fine. I never got a chance to play it with a decent community.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You retard, he didn't contradict me he just gave a single example of the areas of responsibility between the engines, not that the engine only operates the colossi. 

You total moron 

:mj:

Your own reference video proves me right. Continue to retard away. :juggle: 

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They also refer to it as a remaster about a dozen times, eat shit, you lose. 

.....................No

John Linneman of Digital Foundry clearly makes a distinction, and clearly says that Blue Point's work on the 2018 version is not a remaster, but specifically a remake.

The article version is listed on Eurogamer

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-shadow-of-the-colossus-tech-interview

The making of Shadow of the Colossus on PS4

Digital Foundry talks tech - and more - with Bluepoint Games.

Article by John Linneman, Staff Writer, Digital Foundry

Updated on 11 March 2018

Now known as the 'masters of the remaster', Bluepoint Games has a well-earned, solid gold reputation for delivering some of the best current-gen - and indeed last-gen - ports of gaming's most beloved properties. From Metal Gear Solid to God of War, from Gravity Rush to the Uncharted trilogy, Bluepoint's work has been uniformly excellent across the years.

However, with the recently released Shadow of the Colossus remake, the studio has pushed on to a new level. The developer has built upon its existing PS3 remastering efforts with a full-blown remake, reimagining Team Ico's original work with a release that captures and enhances the unique ambience of the PS2 classic, executed to today's triple-A gaming standards.

You are absolutely wrong. There is no gray area here, Digital Foundry is specifically saying that it is beyond a "remaster".

are you seriously going to argue about the definition of remaster and remake? fuck both, that's what i say.

we need a pc port. problem fucking solved, it will be playable forever, add the online functionality that Hot Sauce missed during his play.

ff7 is a remake, most games are just the same games whatever you wanna call it. fuck this trend.

• Upvote 1