Phil Spencer is our guy

Whenever he opens his mouth it’s always good news for gamers etc. He is passionate about his work and wants to deliver a good gaming ecosystem, acknowledges the rivalry with Sony but he’s never acid or obnoxious. He could all be marketing but I really want to believe there are good individuals even in the high plains of this industry.
What do you think about him?

I like Phil.  He literally saved Xbox from being dissolved.  He brought MS back around to PC where it started.. and is setting plans in motion that look beyond a box.  It gets mocked in the here and now.. but it's right for the future.  They just need to start releasing better games... which I believe they are on track to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bodycount was always right about that sleezy scumbag that is phil "fuck you" spencer. he doesn't give a shit about xbox or its fans that's for sure. Love how rempee praises this shitwank :D  :D 

Just now, kaz said:

bodycount was always right about that sleezy scumbag that is phil "fuck you" spencer. he doesn't give a shit about xbox or its fans that's for sure. Love how rempee praises this shitwank :D  :D 

You mean it doesn't make sense to you? :drake: 

You guys keep thinking I'm a lemming... :hehe: 

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

you aren't? :lupe:

NahNevaDat :reg: 

You'll never see or hear me talking and praising an Xbox console over a PC in a general sense.  When I talk about the console and argue for it... it's in regards to console vs console shit.. and about MS' strategy.

PC is always on top :smokefro:

He talks a great talk and is definitely passionate about the industry but there is no doubting that he has led over the worst stretch of Xbox first party games in their history. His focus was clearing changing the direction of Xbox and the way they do things which may have resulted in a much less focus on the games. I don't really care about how nice or anything he is, I'm not trying to befriend the guy. Sometimes ruthlessness brings out amazing creations.

• Upvote 1

the man is indeed a true loser and a con-man. his failed vision for the Xbox as a multiplat machine  with no true exclusives has made the once great and iconic brand feel cheapened, lessened and devalued in the marketplace. It used to be fun having 3 competitors in the gaming landscape.

In fact, I'd say the xbox has no place in the market, at all. As a console only player It's got a meagre selection of games you can't get on PS4, and if one of those failed IP like Ryse, Sunset, Halo or Quantum Break really tickle your fancy, well I'd recommend you just get them for PC.

Sunset runs better on PC and Xbox never even got the 4k update. 

Halo MCC in it's entirety is going to PC and will become the defacto platform to play on.

Gears is dead and buried after 5.

You had world class IP and managed to turn them into 7.0 scrap all in the matter of a few years.... It's the definition of mismanagement. Phil is a loser and a failure.

40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

He talks a great talk and is definitely passionate about the industry but there is no doubting that he has led over the worst stretch of Xbox first party games in their history. His focus was clearing changing the direction of Xbox and the way they do things which may have resulted in a much less focus on the games. I don't really care about how nice or anything he is, I'm not trying to befriend the guy. Sometimes ruthlessness brings out amazing creations.

I don't why but you said it perfectly. The guy might have only the best intentions but it's like he doesn't see the trees in the forest. Xbox went so far behind purely because they didn't commit on their games they should've been provide this gen. 

I still hope they turn it around somehow and start making games because that's the only chance they got to compete with sony or nintendo. I know their focus may lie elsewhere now, but I hope they just go back to making games? 

What the fuck is a console worth without games?? I want a scalebound game, I am actually mad at microsoft for that one. And I always said that from the first footage I've seen of that game, dante clone yea, but the game concept look really promising and fun to me.