Subscriptions will open the door to weirder things

Well yeah, look at this weird shit coming from Obsidian.

wjr8lvnetzlu8wlkwupn.png

And that online multiplayer game that has that fat chick in it.

Things that nobody wants............but they're game made on THE CHEAP.

Because GamePass has created an incentive for cheap throwaway games in order to pad the list.

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Yes indie crap at the expense of AAA single player games. What a deal.

I know cows dont like variety . And lmao at hating indie games now .

I remember you were posting some new niche panty Japanese game every week to collect LOL

Now all you like is AAA games ?

And it's not at expense of them . They can and will co exist 

Gamepass/PS Now would be more appealing to me if they have exclusive unique games that otherwise wouldn't have been made. 

When I already have too many games I will never have the time to play, I find it hard to care about renting games.

15 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There is already a bunch of weird shit. The indie space hasn't reduced in anyway, in fact the opposite is the problem. There is so much shit that even the good stuff is getting lost. Sub services just minimise the giant AAA experiences, the thing MS is already lacking in.

I think he means the ability for weird shit.. to find success...  Stuff that doesn't generate huge sales numbers could possibly find success for the developers through Gamepass.

It makes sense.  Indie game development is scary.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I think he means the ability for weird shit.. to find success...  Stuff that doesn't generate huge sales numbers could possibly find success for the developers through Gamepass.

It makes sense.  Indie game development is scary.

Possibly. But it also takes away the possibility of those huge successes. Things like Stardew Valley and so on. 

All depends on the future payment models too. If they are a one off fee for a length of time or if they move to a Spotify style where it's paid per time played (which would be the worst thing ever) 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Possibly. But it also takes away the possibility of those huge successes. Things like Stardew Valley and so on. 

All depends on the future payment models too. If they are a one off fee for a length of time or if they move to a Spotify style where it's paid per time played (which would be the worst thing ever) 

Possibly.  I still think though that the potential is there that people use it as a discovery tool and try games that they've never tried before, and decide to support developers of games they like.

It's understandable though.  It's a new business model and it's still being developed and refined.  These are the early stages, but I can envision a future where good games get selected from the service and marketed for the broader audience.  Because despite being forward looking... it will take time for the market to adopt and adapt to these services. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Possibly.  I still think though that the potential is there that people use it as a discovery tool and try games that they've never tried before, and decide to support developers of games they like.

It's understandable though.  It's a new business model and it's still being developed and refined.  These are the early stages, but I can envision a future where good games get selected from the service and marketed for the broader audience.  Because despite being forward looking... it will take time for the market to adopt and adapt to these services. 

Hopefully it goes that route and not the route I fear that it drives everything down, just like the mobile industry, where it then becomes foreign to actually buy a game, which in turn leads to all the horrible financial models needed to generate funds without selling a game for $60.

I still believe the best way to have a balance is to have Gamepass Exclusive titles and that is where you can really have MS go out there and find these weird, quirky games and fund their development plus more and then have them exclusive to that platform, a platform that is available in multiple places so still fits their model. Do what EGS is doing.