Bought a Razer Huntsman TE Tenkeyless keyboard today

Got a really good deal on it.  $120 when it's regular $180 here in Canada.

663297-razer-huntsman-te-keyboard-razer-

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

It's got a super quick actualization point of just 1mm depression.  So it's super sensitive.  It uses Optical Linear switches.. which instead of using a purely mechanical switch, allows a beam of light to pass through the key when pressed which completes the circuit. 

razer-opto-mechanical-switch-black-bg.gi

They feel really nice.  This is far and away the most premium keyboard I've ever owned.  It also comes with a detachable USB-C cable... so now I have another one of those, which is always nice.  I'm really liking it so far.... though it's Razer, so I'll likely have to buy a new one in 2 years :tom: 

This year I'm going to be swapping out every single component in my PC besides the PSU and my SSDs.  First getting all new peripherals, and then the components as they release. B) 

Edited by Remij_
35 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Got a really good deal on it.  $120 when it's regular $180 here in Canada.

663297-razer-huntsman-te-keyboard-razer-

It's got a super quick actualization point of just 1mm depression.  So it's super sensitive.  It uses Optical Linear switches.. which instead of using a purely mechanical switch, allows a beam of light to pass through the key when pressed which completes the circuit. 

Is this the kind of talk you use on bitches in the club? :smoke:

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm a low profile kind of guy, but that's a nice looking keyboard and TKL is the master race of keyboard form factors. :leo:

ten keyless are keyboards for teens.

i want my keyboard, and my entire PC quite frankly, to be capable of being the gaming master race but also ready for business.

T.C.B baby.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

ten keyless are keyboards for teens.

i want my keyboard, and my entire PC quite frankly, to be capable of being the gaming master race but also ready for business.

T.C.B baby.

That's what a USB numpad on the left is for.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:cat:Its embarrassing having ONE usb cord sticking out the front of the PC (for gaming controller, obvs). But multiple USB cords? Sheeeeit.

Out of the front?  LMAO get a bluetooth adapter or the XO wireless adapter..

Edited by Remij_
5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:cat:Its embarrassing having ONE usb cord sticking out the front of the PC (for gaming controller, obvs). But multiple USB cords? Sheeeeit.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Out of the front

:tophat2:

Not going to waste batteries on the Version 1 of the Xbox Elite Controller. Simply run it off the cord and its good to go, not to mention its turned on all the time. Don't even have to hold down any button to turn it on.

Edited by jehurey
6 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Lol hermits used to get upset when I would make up names for peripherals aimed at gamers but Jesus. Lol "huntsmen" like it's a fucking crossbow. 

At least it's not plastered all over the device itself..  Which is part of the reason I chose it.  It's nice and premium with none of the "gamer" aesthetic.

21 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:tophat2:

Not going to waste batteries on the Version 1 of the Xbox Elite Controller. Simply run it off the cord and its good to go, not to mention its turned on all the time. Don't even have to hold down any button to turn it on.

You're the one who's embarrassed to have a cable sticking out the front of your PC dude... not me lmao

12 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You're the one who's embarrassed to have a cable sticking out the front of your PC dude... not me lmao

except if comes with something to compensate for it.

Removing the tenkey from a keyboard serves what? Trying to make space for your mouse, when your desktop should already be big enough for that already?

And currently, I have my USB cord to the Elite Controller ran all the way to the back of the computer, because Microsoft provided a generously long, and very rugged tough USB cord. But I've been thinking of setting up the Steamlink to the TV, and if I do that, I'm going to want to have that same cord connect to it, so it can power the Elite Controller. In that scenario, I'd probably move the USB cord to the front of the PC.

A USB ten key device would just be sitting beside your keyboard? Don't like that. I don't run my controller's cord the same way I run the keyboard's cord. When I'm done using the controller I simply place it on top of the PC itself.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

except if comes with something to compensate for it.

Removing the tenkey from a keyboard serves what? Trying to make space for your mouse, when your desktop should already be big enough for that already?

And currently, I have my USB cord to the Elite Controller ran all the way to the back of the computer, because Microsoft provided a generously long, and very rugged tough USB cord. But I've been thinking of setting up the Steamlink to the TV, and if I do that, I'm going to want to have that same cord connect to it, so it can power the Elite Controller. In that scenario, I'd probably move the USB cord to the front of the PC.

A USB ten key device would just be sitting beside your keyboard? Don't like that. I don't run my controller's cord the same way I run the keyboard's cord. When I'm done using the controller I simply place it on top of the PC itself.

Regarding what removing the tenkey serves, is a smaller footprint and less redundancy...especially if you don't use the tenkey that much, or at all.    If you move your regular keyboard to your center for typing the tenkey eats up a lot of space where your mouse could move.  With the tenkeyless, having that extra 4'' or so makes a difference.  It's provides a bigger area for your mouse than you might think at first in all honesty.

Nah, for me if I got a USB tenkey, then I'd put it up beside my monitor base and only pull it down when needed.

Edited by Remij_