Bought a Razer Huntsman TE Tenkeyless keyboard today

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Regarding what removing the tenkey serves, is a smaller footprint and less redundancy...especially if you don't use the tenkey that much, or at all.    If you move your regular keyboard to your center for typing the tenkey eats up a lot of space where your mouse could move.  With the tenkeyless, having that extra 4'' or so makes a difference.  It's provides a bigger area for your mouse than you might think at first in all honesty.

Nah, for me if I got a USB tenkey, then I'd put it up beside my monitor base and only pull it down when needed.

But with wireless laser mouse, like my MX Master, I don't need that space right beside the keyboard.

This is for a desk with one of those pull-out things meant for the keyboard. Put the mouse on the upper desktop space feels better, at least for me. Extra 4 inches on that pull-out thingy would never be enough.

So, I can turn on the computer and just web browse, with no need to pull out the keyboard. And then when its time to type, or maybe do some calculations, or maybe I have to do some work in Excel for accounting,, pull out the keyboard and type away.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

But with wireless laser mouse, like my MX Master, I don't need that space right beside the keyboard.

This is for a desk with one of those pull-out things meant for the keyboard. Put the mouse on the upper desktop space feels better, at least for me. Extra 4 inches on that pull-out thingy would never be enough.

So, I can turn on the computer and just web browse, with no need to pull out the keyboard. And then when its time to type, or maybe do some calculations, or maybe I have to do some work in Excel for accounting,, pull out the keyboard and type away.

Every setup is different.. as is everyone's personal preference.  Both exist for reasons.. no right or wrong.