Persona 5, holy shit...

This game is fucking amazing.

I just spent my entire Sunday playing that game.

And I haven't done that in quite a while.

I just beat Kamoshida's palace.

The battles at 3F and the top of the tower were challenging and there are some issues that could have been improved, like the lack of sp potions and the dungeon planning.

However, I was expecting this sheer amount of excellence from this game.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Game was way too long and bloated. It had nowhere near enough content or variety to justify the 100+ hours it takes to finish. Definitely my least favorite Persona game.

So that means it must be good then.

12 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s tied with fire emblem three houses for me. 

Both are top tier for their respective sub genres (turn based and SRPG). 

Persona 5 specifically though has made it near impossible for me to play any other turn based JRPG since it's quality of life improvements to the gameplay and battle systems were so damn good. 

1 hour ago, モンキー said:

I might give it a go later on this year with Persona 5 Royal. Which is ironic I guess because the reason i didnt play P5 was because its so long.

Yeah. It’s obnoxiously long, like Maltese said. It’s best to just take your time with it. I rushed it and finished it in 2 weeks lol

Just now, kokujin said:

is it well paced or why do the battles remain so tough? is it ''imposible'' to grind? or what? is it boss-centric?  I played a little Persona. I thought it was.. all right.. just all right..  All right?

You can't grind because of the sp issue.

It's like mana part of your character and you can't regain it unless your character goes to sleep and in order to do that, you have to leave the dungeon and a days passes.

You have a limited number of days to fullfill a "palace" and you also have activities and other stuff to level up.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I would have been able to tolerate the length if so many other parts of the game didn't disappoint me. The characters and story just didn't resonate with me like they did in P3 or 4. I guess im in the minority though.

FFVII was delayed, Twinblade.

On 2020-01-14 at 11:48 PM, Twinblade said:

I would have been able to tolerate the length if so many other parts of the game didn't disappoint me. The characters and story just didn't resonate with me like they did in P3 or 4. I guess im in the minority though.

I disagree.

Ryuji and Takamaki are pretty good characters.

Just unlocked Yuzuke and he seems a pretty idealistic character.

33 hours in and about to change Madarame's heart.

• Like 1