Digital foundry: Wolfenstein Youngblood - Ray Tracing/VRS/DLSS in id Tech 6 - A Next-Gen Features Showcase?

19 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Now this is a hell of a test for VRS, DLSS and Ray tracing. Everything next gen will have over current gen, at the very least this is a good benchmark for remasters if not next gen.

This is what your expecting for next gen ?

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Ray traced lighting should be interesting to see. This is reflections only.

I doubt ng consoles will be offering the full package of rt , unless amd has some magic inside 

4 hours ago, -GD- said:

eh, the lack of ray tracing with the water is disappointing. 

overall, it's a cool effect, but i don't think this game is a good showcase for it. 

Agreed.  This game isn't the greatest showcase for RT.  It's serviceable and better than without RT... but the game itself just isn't good looking enough to begin with.

What this game IS a good showcase for is DLSS.  Contol, Deliver Us the Moon, and this game have all had really fantastic DLSS implementations which have a barely noticeable hit to visual quality.  Their new upscaling algorithm is really good... and it's really only going to get better.  VRS is decent in this game as well, though I know for a fact that there's better implementations coming.  Still... a ~10% increase is nothing to scoff at. 

This game was not developed with DLSS, VRS, nor RT in mind from the start either.  Developers who are creating next gen games from the ground up to take advantage of reconstruction, VRS, and RT.. will look much more the part.

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

If the choice is 60fps or 30 RT. RT can suck a big one. No gamer will choose shiny shit over 60fps.

LMAO this is exactly what Sony will do....  I'm not even saying that as a BAD thing.  I just think it will serve their games better.  I hope they do decide that.

Edited by Remij_
20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Agreed.  This game isn't the greatest showcase for RT.  It's serviceable and better than without RT... but the game itself just isn't good looking enough to begin with.

What this game IS a good showcase for is DLSS.  Contol, Deliver Us the Moon, and this game have all had really fantastic DLSS implementations which have a barely noticeable hit to visual quality.  Their new upscaling algorithm is really good... and it's really only going to get better.  VRS is decent in this game as well, though I know for a fact that there's better implementations coming.  Still... a ~10% increase is nothing to scoff at. 

This game was not developed with DLSS, VRS, nor RT in mind from the start either.  Developers who are creating next gen games from the ground up to take advantage of reconstruction, VRS, and RT.. will look much more the part.

yeah, control was way more impressive! 

24 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO this is exactly what Sony will do....  I'm not even saying that as a BAD thing.  I just think it will serve their games better.  I hope they do decide that.

Aza gonna backtrack hard on what he said itt LOL