Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo - Which Was Better and Who Had The Better Games?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SNES easily. Arguably the greatest console of all time, it's game library is full of classics that still hold up even today.

Genesis.   I lived the 16-bit era.      

Genesis, I liked Sega's games better and there were simply some Nintendo frankly didn't have. Also even though the Super Nintendo genuinely had a more capable audio chip that didn't mean the results w

Chrono Trigger

FFIV

FFVI 

Super Metroid

Earthbound

Super Mario World

Yoshi’s Island 
Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG

SNES wins and it’s not close. I love Genesis but the quality of games on SNES is heads and shoulders above anything on Genesis. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Genesis, I liked Sega's games better and there were simply some Nintendo frankly didn't have. Also even though the Super Nintendo genuinely had a more capable audio chip that didn't mean the results were more desirable in everything. 

the snes also had way more colors, and better graphics overall, plus it didn't need stupid add-ons like the sega cd and 32x. 

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

the snes also had way more colors, and better graphics overall, plus it didn't need stupid add-ons like the sega cd and 32x. 

Nintendo had been using "add-on" chips since the NES.   Look it up.    
Nintendo is famously known for add-ing FX co-processors in their SNES cartridges. 

and if I add SEGA CD games to list, it's no contest Genesis wins.   SEGA CD is what got me hyped for 3D and disc based games. 

Edited by The Mother Fucker
23 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Nintendo had been using "add-on" chips since the NES.   Look it up.    
Nintendo is famously known for add-ing FX co-processors in their SNES cartridges. 

and if I add SEGA CD games to list, it's no contest Genesis wins.   SEGA CD is what got me hyped for 3D and disc based games. 

Sega cd sucked balls 

and adding a chip in a game > adding dumb hardware. Also, genesis sold flashback for $70 because of some dumb gimmick.

Edited by -GD-
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Sega cd sucked balls 

and adding a chip in a game > adding dumb hardware. Also, genesis sold flashback for $70 because of some dumb gimmick.

Spoken like someone who don't know what he's talking about.   

Why are you get salty now because I called your hypocrisy for criticizing SEGA for doing something Nintendo forced onto you users.   The 32X and SEGA CD were optional system add-ons.  You had no choice but to pay premium for those SNES games that had FX chips. 

49 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Genesis, I liked Sega's games better and there were simply some Nintendo frankly didn't have. Also even though the Super Nintendo genuinely had a more capable audio chip that didn't mean the results were more desirable in everything. 

The SNES had tons more exclusives and 3rd party games than the Genesis. 

Don't get me wrong, the Genesis was great too.. but SNES was God tier.