Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo - Which Was Better and Who Had The Better Games?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SNES easily. Arguably the greatest console of all time, it's game library is full of classics that still hold up even today.

Genesis.   I lived the 16-bit era.      

Genesis, I liked Sega's games better and there were simply some Nintendo frankly didn't have. Also even though the Super Nintendo genuinely had a more capable audio chip that didn't mean the results w

47 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Spoken like someone who don't know what he's talking about.   

Why are you get salty now because I called your hypocrisy for criticizing SEGA for doing something Nintendo forced onto you users.   The 32X and SEGA CD were optional system add-ons.  You had no choice but to pay premium for those SNES games that had FX chips. 

there were hardly any fx games lol. like only 2 or 3 that were even worth getting. 

i'm not getting salty. i'm stating facts - the sega cd and 32x were disasters. 

44 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The SNES had tons more exclusives and 3rd party games than the Genesis. 

Don't get me wrong, the Genesis was great too.. but SNES was God tier. 

agreed. i loved both, but the snes was better. 

Just now, -GD- said:

i only diss games i have played. stop being a little bitch lol. 

You never played Rise of the Dragon!

You never played Stellar Fire!

You never played Spiderman vs Kingpin!

You never played Double Switch!

You never played Eternal Champions 2!

You never played Bram Stoker's Dracula!

You never played Mansion of the Hidden Souls!

Yet like a 'little bitch' you dissed all those games without ever  playing them.  

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

You never played Rise of the Dragon!

You never played Stellar Fire!

You never played Spiderman vs Kingpin!

You never played Double Switch!

You never played Eternal Champions 2!

You never played Bram Stoker's Dracula!

You never played Mansion of the Hidden Souls!

Yet like a 'little bitch' you dissed all those games without ever  playing them.  

i have played most of those, and a fuck ton of the libraries were at a place called incredible universe in the 90's. they would let you try games before you buy them. aside from sonic cd, eternal champions 2 and a few other titles, the sega cd wasn't good. the 32x wasn't good either. its version of doom, while much better than the snes, had a dumb border around it. i guess virtual racer was ok. space harrier was fun. 

i got to put in some quality time with even the jaguar (alien vs predator owned)  and 3do (road rash was the shit). i even played the cdi version of zelda, which was terrible :D. but all of the fmv games sucked. alone in the dark sucked too (resident evil made the formula good). 

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i have played most of those, and a fuck ton of the libraries were at a place called incredible universe in the 90's. they would let you try games before you buy them. aside from sonic cd, eternal champions 2 and a few other titles, the sega cd wasn't good. the 32x wasn't good either. its version of doom, while much better than the snes, had a dumb border around it. i guess virtual racer was ok. space harrier was fun. 

It wasn't good to you because you didn't have one.  I'd probably feel the same way if I didn't have one. 

I sat down and watched the entire thing once, I highly recommend it. :D  

The bats "eeh" sound is probably the best thing but man this game is full of that stuff. And don't get me started on the cave section holy shit :D 

sounds like the longest yeah boy dude 

Edited by kaz
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kaz said:

I sat down and watched the entire thing once, I highly recommend it. :D  

The bats "eeh" sound is probably the best thing but man this game is full of that stuff. And don't get me started on the cave section holy shit :D 

sounds like the longest yeah boy dude 

This game used to have me on edge scared playing as a kid.  :]

I felt like I was going deeper and deeper into a several storied basement with things getting scarier the further I went.

2 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I had both and thought they were equally great in their own ways. It's a tie for me. :shrug: 

yea, we had a snes and megadrive and both owned. but I have to go with snes because I always loved RPGs. 

Secret of evermore is my fav game of all time. :bow:   

and squaresoft really didn't change too much all the years, for some reason FF14 (and especially the new expansion shadowbringers) reminds me of secret of mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3) and there is this one boss in a dungeon, "the tycoon" which has some laser shooting skill which sounds exactly like one of the skills in the snes game. And everytime I hear that sound I get the weirdest nostlagia moment. cool boss fight. 

I think it's cool to think they kept the sound file all these years and modified it

Just now, roflpwnedz said:

I grew up with Genesis and loved the variety of games. I never really cared for SNES other than for Link to the Past. Never got into Mario or Metroid.

cause you are a fag