Cyberpunk delayed till September

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Jason Schreier after Cyberpunk 2077 delay "I'll make it up to you all with some good news in a little bit"

The news was horizon and more.ps4 games coming to.pc LMAO

Not sure how I feel. On the one hand kind of a letdown to have to wait until Mid-September - however; they get more time to iron out issues, and I have more time (and more importantly the manufacturers of GPU's) to get the proper comp for this game.

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

This is good news.

I think I'd said it before on here, that I was banking on CD Projekt Red on delaying this game to around June 2020, so that I can plan on purchasing my new PC gaming hardware during the summer, and have a new PC build ready for the game.

And they did, in fact, end up delaying the game. Slightly longer than I had anticipated. At this point, why even rush the game.

CDPR feels like the type of developer who would delay a game for the same reasons Nintendo does. They feel its absolutely necessary to give it the polish it needs.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Not sure how I feel. On the one hand kind of a letdown to have to wait until Mid-September - however; they get more time to iron out issues, and I have more time (and more importantly the manufacturers of GPU's) to get the proper comp for this game.

yeah, it's bittersweet, but i rather get an amazing game than a very good one, held back by bugs or time restraints. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Q1 just opened up massively! What remains is gonna slay. 

Everything has shuffled down a bit.  It's better this way for sure.  Ori, DOOM, and Half Life Alyx in March now.  FF7 and RE3 in April, CP2077 in Sept.

Still pretty packed, but a bit more room to breathe.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Everything has shuffled down a bit.  It's better this way for sure.  Ori, DOOM, and Half Life Alyx in March now.  FF7 and RE3 in April, CP2077 in Sept.

Still pretty packed, but a bit more room to breathe.

i only care about last of us 2 and cp2077. :aitch:

• Like 1

I want CDPR to "release the hounds" and fill every fucking area with NPCs out da ass, and have alot of environmental objects, and alot of physics models for those objects, and animated signs and reflections and lighting/shadows all over the place.

Go full next-gen. Design the game for 12GB of memory, minimum. Fill that open-world space with alot of stuff.

Crank up the viewing distance.

I think this recent Witcher Netflix series causing a surge in people coming back, or starting up new Witcher 3 playthroughs should give them a sign that they shouldn't be compromising the scale of the game for OUTGOING consoles.

if they make a fucking monster of a game, and design it for the upcoming hardware, the game will be evergreen and people will be buying it years later, still.

I think they should sell a $50 XBO/PS4 version during the month of September, and then when the new consoles come out, they sell a $25 "Enhanced Edition" DLC in which they can stick in the disc but it will download a next-gen digital version of the game that is significantly enhanced.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I want CDPR to "release the hounds" and fill every fucking area with NPCs out da ass, and have alot of environmental objects, and alot of physics models for those objects, and animated signs and reflections and lighting/shadows all over the place.

Go full next-gen. Design the game for 12GB of memory, minimum. Fill that open-world space with alot of stuff.

Crank up the viewing distance.

I think this recent Witcher Netflix series causing a surge in people coming back, or starting up new Witcher 3 playthroughs should give them a sign that they shouldn't be compromising the scale of the game for OUTGOING consoles.

if they make a fucking monster of a game, and design it for the upcoming hardware, the game will be evergreen and people will be buying it years later, still.

I think they should sell a $50 XBO/PS4 version during the month of September, and then when the new consoles come out, they sell a $25 "Enhanced Edition" DLC in which they can stick in the disc but it will download a next-gen digital version of the game that is significantly enhanced.

it's funny you mention the witcher series. i have 5 friends who started playing 3 (it's their first time - and they love it) after watching the show.