Nvidia cuts price of the RTX 2060 to $299

Just now, The Mother Fucker said:

@Remij_ you speculating, we won't know where a VBIOS upgraded RX5600XT sits at until benchmarks come in. 

Now you're trying to say a RX 5700 = RTX 2060 which is just an outright lie when you can look at the benchmark above and see the RX 5700 beating the stock RTX 2070. 

The only thing that's been nullified by NVIDIA is there own GTX 1660Ti GPU, with the RTX 2060 now costing $299.   

Like I said.. we can extrapolate performance...  The fact is... at those clocks.. it should perform identically in most games.

And the 5700 vs 2060 debate completely depends on which games you're testing.  Sorry, but as great as Gamers Nexus is.. 3 games doesn't show the whole picture.  TechPowerUps 21 Game summary shows a better picture. 

rela.png

By dropping the price, Nvidia demolished the 5700.  Similar performance, and more features.  AMD chose to upgrade their 5600XT instead of drop the price of their 5700... and by doing so... made the 5700 irrelevant.  There might be fringe cases where it performs better... but the price difference between the 5600XT and the 5700 will not justify it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-rx-5600-xt-specs-nvidia-rtx-2060  

Actually, I guess with this spec bump the 5600 XT does indeed look like it could be more powerful or the same except with 6GB of GDDR.  

I don't think the RX 5600 XT should exist.   It's a waste of money when you can just grab at RX 5700 that is at a similar price and less cut down.   5600XT purpose was to compete with the GT

TechPower up gives relative performance benchmarks, which don't give enough information.  Are they benchmarks from synthetic tests like 3DMark?

My VEGA GPUs look good in those benchmarks. 

Real game comparison benchmarks matter. 

And Steve at Gamer Nexus benchmark are not something to just piss on because you point has been proven wrong.  

RX 5700 and RX 5700XT are clear top performing AMD NAVI GPUs,   which beat RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070 in most benchmarks. 

The rest are just cut down GPUs. 

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

TechPower up gives relative performance benchmarks, which don't give enough information.  Are they benchmarks from synthetic tests like 3DMark?

My VEGA GPUs look good in those benchmarks. 

Real game comparison benchmarks matter. 

And Steve at Gamer Nexus benchmark are not something to just piss on because you point has been proven wrong.  

RX 5700 and RX 5700XT are clear top performing AMD NAVI GPUs,   which beat RTX 2060 Super, RTX 2070 in most benchmarks. 

The rest are just cut down GPUs. 

First.. I already said that TechPowerUp's performance summary is based off the 21 games they review cards with......

Those are real comparison benchmarks...

I'm not shitting on Steve... his information is accurate... but in this case it's extremely limited in scope, which was my point.

The 5700 and 5700XT are indeed top performing AMD gpus... but they don't beat the RTX 2060 Super and 2070 Super in most benchmarks.

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

First.. I already said that TechPowerUp's performance summary is based off the 21 games they review cards with......

Those are real comparison benchmarks...

I'm not shitting on Steve... his information is accurate... but in this case it's extremely limited in scope, which was my point.

The 5700 and 5700XT are indeed top performing AMD gpus... but they don't beat the RTX 2060 Super and 2070 Super in most benchmarks.

Like I said they beat the RTX 2060 Super and RTX 2070 in most benchmarks.  

9 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

They both do on the benchmark video I showed and on this Tech power up screenshot the XT beats them.

I see now that you said the 2070 when I was clearly talking about the Super...

In those Techpowerup screens the 5700 gets beat by the 2060 Super, and the 5700XT gets beat by the 2070 Super.

As for the 2060 and 2070... well, the 2060 is now $299, which means it's cheaper and about as fast as the 5700 and has more features.  The 5600XT is essentially replacing the 5700... which should die a proper death. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

I see now that you said the 2070 when I was clearly talking about the Super...

In those Techpowerup screens the 5700 gets beat by the 2060 Super, and the 5700XT gets beat by the 2070 Super.

As for the 2060 and 2070... well, the 2060 is now $299, which means it's cheaper and about as fast as the 5700 and has more features.  The 5600XT is essentially replacing the 5700... which should die a proper death. :shrug: 

I don't think the RX 5600 XT should exist.   It's a waste of money when you can just grab at RX 5700 that is at a similar price and less cut down.

5600XT purpose was to compete with the GTX 16 Series higher models (GTX 1660 Super, GTX 1660 Ti)

While the RX 5500XT was to compete with the GTX 16 Series lower models (GTX 1650 Super, GTX 1650, GTX 1660)

But since NVIDIA shat on it's own GTX 16-Series with this RTX 2060 Price drop. 

We should just ignore the entire bottom group, as they are just a bunch cut-down GPUs. 

NAVI for me Starts with the RX 5700 which can be had for $309 right now,  then goes to RX 5700XT,  then class leads the mid-range at RX 5700 50th AE,  Next is BIG NAVI which will take on the RTX 2080/Super, RTX 2080Ti, and RTX Titan

• Like 1

Its weird the way the release and price video cards . Why buy a 2070 when a 2060 super basically matches it for 100+ dollars less .

Such a small difference in fps per next step up .

6 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Its weird the way the release and price video cards . Why buy a 2070 when a 2060 super basically matches it for 100+ dollars less .

Such a small difference in fps per next step up .

The flooded the market with needless amounts of cards for sure.  Literally cards that are separated by $20-30... lol.  They rerelease cards to stay in the news cycle and put a damper on competitors card launches.  Nvidia either had to release "new" cards, or lower the price of their current cards.  They didn't want to do that at the time so they released "Super" cards to combat AMD instead of just dropping prices.  But, now, with so many cards out there... they're forced to do it anyway.. which often completely nullifies other cards in different price brackets.

We need this competition on the high end now.  It should be pretty good when AMD releases Big Navi gpus with RT and the consoles also come out.  Competition will be higher than it's been for years.

Edited by Remij_
On 2020-01-16 at 11:03 PM, Remij_ said:

I really would wait till Ryzen 4000 though and go with a x570 mobo:whoa:

Chances are the new GPUs will release close to around that time anyway. B) 

How do hermits actually go thru with getting new builds? 20 years in systemwars and anytime someone says "time to build a PC now" another hermit tells him to wait. 

35 minutes ago, Liquid said:

How do hermits actually go thru with getting new builds? 20 years in systemwars and anytime someone says "time to build a PC now" another hermit tells him to wait. 

lmao it's so true.  

Telling someone to wait is safe as far as advice goes, because we know that the products will either be better or cheaper.  It all depends on how patient the person is, or if they need it now or not.

At some point.. you've just got to settle and bite the bullet. 

• Like 1
On 2020-01-19 at 4:43 AM, Liquid said:

Usually, my metric was always halfway, or maybe slightly past halfway through a console generation.

So, consoles came out in 2000/2001, I built my PC in 2004.

Consoles came out in 2005/2006, I built my next PC in 2009.

Consoles came out in 2012/2013, I built my recent PC in 2015.

Now the console lifecycles getting longer and longer have thrown this timing out of whack. And, these upcoming consoles may not have all the bells and whistles of the most recent round of video cards from late 2019.

Ideally, I should wait until 2021/2022 to build my next PC, but I may need to see what the upcoming consoles will do.

• 1 month later...

2060 super less performance and 2070 super way too expensive.

Fuck that buy a 5700 and flash it to XT and overclock/undervolt it for less than 300

Time to buy it now that all the little faggots are crying about driver issues and are selling their's