Oh shit... an Xbox Series X prototype is out in the wild apparently

48 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The serial number is right there though lmao. 

Apparently it IS real.  Brad Sams posted it lol

Sheesh. That is the blandest console I have ever seen. Looks like some chinese knock off

Pretty crazy how serial numbers are already registered in the system

17 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sheesh. That is the blandest console I have ever seen. Looks like some chinese knock off

Pretty crazy how serial numbers are already registered in the system

Well, it's a prototype.  I don't think the final thing will be like that.  I mean, the material will definitely be higher quality I would think.  I wonder what the dev kits look like?

59 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Funny how the actual prototype leaked and never a dev kit

I think we can assume this is a dev kit if the long port in the rear is for "diagnostics". The Xbox One S/X dev kits looks like the retail units. Additionally, that carpet is fucking awful. Lemming carpet. :scust:

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I think we can assume this is a dev kit if the long port in the rear is for "diagnostics". The Xbox One S/X dev kits looks like the retail units. Additionally, that carpet is fucking awful. Lemming carpet. :scust:

Oooooh - a carpet burn.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Nah, if it was a devkit it would no doubt have the display like the Xbox One X devkit does. It's no doubt just a retail prototype. 

What I'm more shocked about is if you were going to take the risk to upload this why not boot it up, show the OS, open the system up, show the internals etc.

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What I'm more shocked about is if you were going to take the risk to upload this why not boot it up, show the OS, open the system up, show the internals etc.

I assume the pube was a detractor.

After thinking about it I have a theory.

I almost wonder if that was stolen from Phil Spencer's house, because he did publicly say he was using one at home. He also said like two days ago that he was in Japan working with some developers and publishers so he's for a fact not home. Maybe some deranged fan figured out where he lived and robbed his house....

55 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

After thinking about it I have a theory.

I almost wonder if that was stolen from Phil Spencer's house, because he did publicly say he was using one at home. He also said like two days ago that he was in Japan working with some developers and publishers so he's for a fact not home. Maybe some deranged fan figured out where he lived and robbed his house....

:patrice: