Rumor: Cyberpunk 2077 delayed because current gen consoles aren't powerful enough to run it

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Xbox One getting BTFO in this thread     Jon wants to fight with anyone who says otherwise.. but like a good friend Xbox is holding him back  

They should clearly release the PC version now. Then a few weeks after make MS create the first ever xbox one x exclusive, destroying their entire strategy they've built for years leading into a new g

Ps4s shitty cpu is most likely the culprit     

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

You guys think the game was delayed for 5 months because of XB1. Come on now, get real .

Ill be playing on Pc anyway.

That's a TKO, right there.

he knows to not touch the Xbox version, he just won't admit to it. Except indirectly.

Just a couple of days ago, he was trying to boast about Witcher 3 being better on XBX.......what a turn around.:blessed:

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

You guys think the game was delayed for 5 months because of XB1. Come on now, get real .

Ill be playing on Pc anyway.

I think it was delayed by both... but especially Xbox One.

There's no shame in that.  It's just got a fucked up memory config which could be giving the devs problems so they might have to be working through it and it's taking a bit longer than expected.

Let's be real... the game is going to perform like shit on consoles anyway.  Probably drops to the mid to low 20's throughout... but it should hopefully be such a cool game that nobody will give a shit.  Kinda like Shadow of the Colossus.  You can look past shit if the game is really pushing the envelope on the hardware it's on.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's a TKO, right there.

he knows to not touch the Xbox version, he just won't admit to it. Except indirectly.

Just a couple of days ago, he was trying to boast about Witcher 3 being better on XBX.......what a turn around.:blessed:

Where am I not admitting to it, I literally just said it. Why are you guys so dumb?

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I think it was delayed by both... but especially Xbox One.

There's no shame in that.  It's just got a fucked up memory config which could be giving the devs problems so they might have to be working through it and it's taking a bit longer than expected.

Let's be real... the game is going to perform like shit on consoles anyway.  Probably drops to the mid to low 20's throughout... but it should hopefully be such a cool game that nobody will give a shit.  Kinda like Shadow of the Colossus.  You can look past shit if the game is really pushing the envelope on the hardware it's on.

I think it was delayed on all, because its not ready. If the PC version is good, why not release it?

If people are still buying games on XB1s or PS4 this year then they clearly don't care about performance and iq. So for them it will probably be fine.

Just now, JONBpc said:

I think it was delayed on all, because its not ready. If the PC version is good, why not release it?

If people are still buying games on XB1s or PS4 this year then they clearly don't care about performance and iq. So for them it will probably be fine.

Because there's always bugs and things you can fix.  Trust me... they want as long as they can possibly get for all the versions.

It makes sense that it had to be the last-gen versions.

The rumor said that they had to make this decision by January 2020.

January 2020 is 90 days before release, and that is when they would've had to submit the final builds of the game to Microsoft and Sony for testing and approval.

BOTH final builds.

If one of them is just not working........you can't have the PS4 version release in April, and then have the Xbox version release afterwards. It screws up the marketing, and creates a PR disaster.

They could've released them to testing, but still work on a patch for the release date.......but testing implies that the game HAS to be playable in some form, from beginning to end. So if they couldn't submit the final build, its because there's at least one version of the game that is simply not playable.

So in that scenario, they spend 2 to 4 weeks to fix it, they suspend the marketing during January and February, and then sometime in late February they announce the delay. To late May 2020.

They didn't do that. The announced the delay immediately, and they made it a considerable 4 month delay. I think they had to re-work some of the game's design, and they knew it wasn't going to be some 2-4 week job, it was going to be a significant design change, and they need to go through the whole game to make sure it doesn't cause other game-breaking bugs.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:grimaceright:

So why did you ask me why they don't just release the PC version? lol

He seriously suggested why CDPR wouldn't release a single version of their most hyped games ever forgoing a gigantic console market they promised a simultaneous launch too and also ruining all planned marketing meaning they would need to do it again for a delayed console launch......I mean come on, we know he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.  

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

He seriously suggested why CDPR wouldn't release a single version of their most hyped games ever forgoing a gigantic console market they promised a simultaneous launch too and also ruining all planned marketing meaning they would need to do it again for a delayed console launch......I mean come on, we know he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.  

So they decide to not release every version because the version with the lowest userbase needs more work.

Come on man, you guys are literally dumb. Just honestly dumb :D

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

So they decide to not release every version because the version with the lowest userbase needs more work.

Come on man, you guys are literally dumb. Just honestly dumb :D

Dude..

They use that time to further optimize and remove bugs.. Devs ALWAYS want more time to do that shit.

And yes... they delay every version... because the game was announced for every platform.  If you release one version, the others will likely get the game spoiled for them, and will be pissed off.

That timeframe was crowded as fuck anyway with too many good games.  It's for the best that they do this anyway.