Looks like Switch Pro is gonna be a DUD

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And they're clearly making a different GPU now.

You said the WHOLE ten years............was for one specific type of GPU.

You're

not

getting

out

of

this

And I think you know that you aren't getting out of this, because I can see a 'deflation" in your posts, like as if even you know that you can't overcome this by bullshitting your way out of this.

Jehurey... read what I said ffs...

The contract in place is for one specific GPU for 10 years.  That doesn't mean that they can't have a contract to make a future console with Nintendo within that time frame.  I never EVER said that.  I told you in that thread they could just as well use an architecture AFTER Ampere rather than Ampere... or nothing at all.

Having a contract with Nvidia for 10 years for the Switch 1, does not mean they have one.. or could or couldn't have a different one for a different console... just that there is NO proof of that yet.  And in relation to the thread.. I said it had nothing to do with Ampere...

You're last sentence is laughable... and it's only true.. because you'll never admit when you're wrong.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The battery for 4K on a handheld would last for an hour if lucky.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Jehurey... read what I said ffs...

The contract in place is for one specific GPU for 10 years.  That doesn't mean that they can't have a contract to make a future console with Nintendo within that time frame.  I never EVER said that.  I told you in that thread they could just as well use an architecture AFTER Ampere rather than Ampere... or nothing at all.

Having a contract with Nvidia for 10 years for the Switch 1, does not mean they have one.. or could or couldn't have a different one for a different console... just that there is NO proof of that yet.  And in relation to the thread.. I said it had nothing to do with Ampere...

You're last sentence is laughable... and it's only true.. because you'll never admit when you're wrong.

I already read what you said:

Yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying.

You didn't say:

"Yeah........that's sorta like what I'm saying"

You didn't say:

"Yeah.......that's similar to what I'm describing."

You said:

"That's exactly what I'm saying"

You either admit to fucking up today............or fucking up two weeks ago. It doesn't matter to me.

You're not getting out of this.

SAME GPU...............and ONLY that GPU.

And you said?

Yes.  That's exactly what I'm saying.

:shrug: You're better off saying "uh............uhhhhhhhhhh.........well, you see, Nintendo started a NEW CONTRACT with nVidia, yeah!!!! That's it!!! And this second contract includes volta!!!

Just now, JONBpc said:

Well you dont even own a switch . If you did yo mud be playing nothing but ports LMAO

Nope, I have exclusives on my Switch.

Wow.......guy is running away to a new subject with every one of his (non-direct-quote) posts. LOL

3 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

You still running,  and refusing to direct quote lol

Nope.........you're the one who left for 10 minutes.

Post your notification to prove that I'm not quoting and responding to your posts.

Do it..........or you lose.

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You're conflating what I said. 

I never said Nintendo couldn't use another Nvidia GPU architecture...  I said that the contract was for 10 years of Tegra X1 production for Switch...  Meaning they would guarantee production of that chip for that long for Nintendo....

BIIIIIIIG difference there Jehurey.

I also said they wouldn't be using Ampere... and it looks like I was right.  Not even turing in fact :shrug: 

The contract isn't for is 10 years of X1..... its 10 years of Nvidia chip sets in Nintendo systems. 

Edited by Goukosan
29 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The contract isn't for is 10 years of X1..... its 10 years of Nvidia chip sets in Nintendo systems. 

Great proof you have there....

You DO NOT speak like this when you have a firm contract in place

But Huang also highlighted a key point about Nvidia's relationship with Nintendo. Nintendo is well known for investing in hardware architecture for the long term. You need only look at the DS/2DS/3DS ($277.95 at Amazon) to see that. So he believes it will be the same for the Switch going forward; he envisions, "a relationship that will likely last two decades."

You guys CLEARLY are pulling shit from your ass.

Nintendo... nor Sony or MS make a contract for multi systems decades in advance..you make contracts to supply companies for a period of time..

Edited by Remij_
48 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Great proof you have there....

You DO NOT speak like this when you have a firm contract in place

You guys CLEARLY are pulling shit from your ass.

Nintendo... nor Sony or MS make a contract for multi systems decades in advance..you make contracts to supply companies for a period of time..

...........which will cover multiple systems. These GPUs will be increasing in power, which clearly means that Nintendo will use them for newer console systems.

Do you really semantics is going to help you, at this point?