Looks like Switch Pro is gonna be a DUD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The battery for 4K on a handheld would last for an hour if lucky.

22 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

lol as if they would sign a contract for 10 years for 1 single chip.. a 10 year lifespan? :drake:

You dumb fuck :cosby2: 

DS was in production for 9 years...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

3DS was in production for 9 years...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

They LITERALLY mention them...

"Nintendo is well known for investing in hardware architecture for the long term. You need only look at the DS/2DS/3DS ($277.95 at Amazon) to see that. So he believes it will be the same for the Switch going forward; he envisions, "a relationship that will likely last two decades."

like... What the fuck is wrong with you idiots? :tom: 

Tegra was a chip Nvidia would have abandoned completely if not for the Nintendo Switch.  They made a contract to guarantee production of that chip for 10 years...

Again... I NEVER said that they wouldn't use another architecture in a future console within that time... I simply said there is absolutely NO proof that they have a contract outside of the Switch.  None of you guys can show me where they state 10 year contract for future Nintendo consoles...  You guys are full of shit.

Edited by Remij_
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

"Nintendo is well known for investing in hardware architecture for the long term. You need only look at the DS/2DS/3DS ($277.95 at Amazon) to see that. So he believes it will be the same for the Switch going forward; he envisions, "a relationship that will likely last two decades."

You are talking about processing units that Nintendo licenses the architecture so that THEY CAN PRODUCE as many as they want by simply having them fabricated at a Fab plant.

They can pause and restart manufacturing of those processers. They license DMP GPU combined with an ARM CPU.

This is not the same.

These are nVIdia parts. nVidia fabricates these processors.

nVidia basically sold off all of their existing Tegra X1 components for the Switch. After that, they made a X1+ refresh.

But now, they're moving over to Volta.

In all of these instances..........this is nVidia controlling the manufacturing of the processors.  Nintendo did not license the architecture and have them made on their own.

nVIdia WANTS TO DO THIS........SO THAT THEY CAN UPSELL Nintendo to move onto newer processors. C'mon.........you know nVidia's business strategy better than most.:Jeff:

They don't want to provide Nintendo the architecture design for them to produce Tegra X1s for many years on their own.

Edited by jehurey
20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Tegra was a chip Nvidia would have abandoned completely if not for the Nintendo Switch.  They made a contract to guarantee production of that chip for 10 years...

Again... I NEVER said that they wouldn't use another architecture in a future console within that time... I simply said there is absolutely NO proof that they have a contract outside of the Switch.  None of you guys can show me where they state 10 year contract for future Nintendo consoles...  You guys are full of shit.

Wait... that's your interpretation of what he meant? :sabu:

First of all... he is talking about a family of systems... which coincidentally is what Nintendo said the Switch would be... a family of systems where the newer versions would be fully backward compatible....like iPads or Androids... 

2nd of all... from the quote... you do realize that The DS and 3DS don't use the SAME EXACT CHIP dumbass..... the DS and 3DS are a generation apart.  

How the fuck to you interpret that to mean 10 years of THE SAME X1 chip ALONE and nothing else? ..... that was very slow Jonny of you:grimaceleft:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You are talking about processing units that Nintendo licenses the architecture so that THEY CAN PRODUCE as many as they want by simply having them fabricated at a Fab plant.

They can pause and restart manufacturing of those processers. They license DMP GPU combined with an ARM CPU.

This is not the same.

These are nVIdia parts. nVidia fabricates these processors.

nVidia basically sold off all of their existing Tegra X1 components for the Switch. After that, they made a X1+ refresh.

But now, they're moving over to Volta.

In all of these instances..........this is nVidia controlling the manufacturing of the processors.  Nintendo did not license the architecture and have them made on their own.

nVIdia WANTS TO DO THIS........SO THAT THEY CAN UPSELL Nintendo to move onto newer processors. C'mon.........you know nVidia's business strategy better than most.:Jeff:

They don't want to provide Nintendo the architecture design for them to produce Teagra X1s for many years on their own.

Exactly... Nvidia is controlling the manufacturing.  They are guaranteeing the production of their Tegra X1(+) SoC for Nintendo for the next 10 years... Nintendo undoubtedly knew that they were getting CHEAP left over Nvidia chips they had stocked up... and they wanted to guarantee that there would be production after those were all used up.  Nintendo absolutely knew that Nvidia had no other use for those things and that they had risk of being discontinued.  The ONLY reason the TX1+ exists is because of Nintendo... guaranteed.

And again.. I absolutely never said Nintendo and Nvidia couldn't have another contract for the next console... I said the contract you were referring to... was not for multiple consoles, but for the Switch SoC for 10 years.

You guys can't seem to show me any proof of any contract stating Nintendo and Nvidia are in a multi console contract for 10 years.  You have articles and quotes from Jensen speaking in terms which suggest the opposite.  He BELIEVES there will be a lasting partnership based on Nintendo supporting consoles that are successful for 10 years... and specifically points to the DS and 3DS.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Wait... that's your interpretation of what he meant? :sabu:

First of all... he is talking about a family of systems... which coincidentally is what Nintendo said the Switch would be... a family of systems where the newer versions would be fully backward compatible....like iPads or Androids... 

2nd of all... I from the quote... you do realize that The DS and 3DS doesn't use that SAME EXACT CHIP dumbass..... the DS and 3DS are a generation apart.  

How the fuck to you interpret that to mean 10 years of THE SAME X1 chip..... that was very slow Jonny or you

:grimaceleft:

lmao.. posts this.. .and again doesn't post proof of any multi console contract.. :hest: 

He's talking about Nintendo's history of supporting their handheld systems which LO AND BEHOLD have been in production for 10 years....

And yea LMAO no shit I realize that... which proves my fucking point...  The DS lasted 9 years... the 3DS... another 9 years.... different chips... :lemming: 

Again IDIOT... I never said they wouldn't use another architecture for another console in that time.... I said they made a contract to guarantee the production of Tegra X1(+) chips for 10 years..

God you guys are so fucking dumb :feelsbadman:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

According to LemiJ, The Switch successor (not referring to a pro, that's a different system) in fall 2021 or spring 2022 will obviously be using an X1 chip :grimaceleft:

Not sure how many times you fuckheads need to be told...  I never said that.  I even said "it could use the architecture AFTER Ampere"....

See the post above... again... because you guys are legit dumb as fuck :francis:

Edited by Remij_
Just now, Remij_ said:

lmao.. posts this.. .and again doesn't post proof of any multi console contract.. :hest: 

He's talking about Nintendo's history of supporting their handheld systems which LO AND BEHOLD have been in production for 10 years....

And yea LMAO no shit I realize that... which proves my fucking point...  The DS lasted 9 years... the 3DS... another 9 years.... different chips... :lemming: 

Again IDIOT... I never said they wouldn't use another architecture for another console in that time.... I said they made a contract to guarantee the production of Tegra X1(+) chips for 10 years..

God you guys are so fucking dumb :feelsbadman:

They're going to create a family of consoles for the next 20 years that are fully compatible with each other by not using Nvidia for the Switch successor............ do you hear yourself? :drake:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They're going to create a family of consoles for the next 20 years that are fully compatible with each other by not using Nvidia for the Switch successor............ do you hear yourself? :drake:

:cosby2: 

Where do they say all of this? LMAO... you're literally just making shit up.  Please show me where Nintendo has said they are making a family of products for the next 20 years.. :grimaceleft:

And WHERE DO I SAY THEY WONT USE NVIDIA????

You guys are legitimately fucked.. :shake: 

Edited by Remij_
46 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:cosby2: 

Where do they say all of this? LMAO... you're literally just making shit up.  Please show me where Nintendo has said they are making a family of products for the next 20 years.. :grimaceleft:

And WHERE DO I SAY THEY WONT USE NVIDIA????

You guys are legitimately fucked.. :shake: 

Nintendo restructured the Entire company around the NX and their long term strategy, merged the Handheld hardware/software division with the console hardware and software division..... that wasn't simply for one generation.... this is their structure moving forward. 

They then said that moving forward they want to follow Apple lead where all their family of systems are compatible with each other. 

This is their long term strategy. 

"home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems

"To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS." 

iPhone 8, X, Xs and 11 have vast power differences between each other...... but when you purchase an iPhone 11.... It already has years of software available from day 1.....no starting over from scratch software wise everytime a new system launches. 

That's Nintendo's plans from Switch moving forward.

But nah... they did all that restructuring, merging and changing in the entire development and long term strategy for one system alone.... and nothing else.... a family of ONE... lol:tom5:

Edited by Goukosan

Lol Nintendo is brilliant. Not only are they not spending assloafs of money to appease regards like you, they're huffing their own in line chip, and they're aware the majority of buyers won't care nor notice it's not 4k. Simply, if they want a switch now, may as well get this one.  They will keep printing money. 💰 and jonb1 can continue being a fanboy who would have never liked Nintendo anyways. 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Exactly... Nvidia is controlling the manufacturing.  They are guaranteeing the production of their Tegra X1(+) SoC for Nintendo for the next 10 years... Nintendo undoubtedly knew that they were getting CHEAP left over Nvidia chips they had stocked up... and they wanted to guarantee that there would be production after those were all used up.  Nintendo absolutely knew that Nvidia had no other use for those things and that they had risk of being discontinued.  The ONLY reason the TX1+ exists is because of Nintendo... guaranteed.

And again.. I absolutely never said Nintendo and Nvidia couldn't have another contract for the next console... I said the contract you were referring to... was not for multiple consoles, but for the Switch SoC for 10 years.

You guys can't seem to show me any proof of any contract stating Nintendo and Nvidia are in a multi console contract for 10 years.  You have articles and quotes from Jensen speaking in terms which suggest the opposite.  He BELIEVES there will be a lasting partnership based on Nintendo supporting consoles that are successful for 10 years... and specifically points to the DS and 3DS.

.......and they are not manufacturing any more Tegras.

That's the proof right there. They're already moving them over to Volta.

Which.........if nVidia wants to TRAP Nintendo and MAKE MORE MONEY.........that's exactly what they would be doing.

You clearly said they would only make Tegra's for 10 years..........you got busted, and there's no point in you lying to get out of it.

We know that's not the case, the moment they moved onto another GPU. Which already appears to be happening, because if the rumor is that its going to come out during this year, it's probably fixing to begin manufacturing during this quarter.

EDIT: Oh my god.............he actually DID ADOPT the "another contract" recommendation that I gave him. lol

new business contract..............seeing as though both companies are publicly traded, that means they will be reporting that new line of business in their next quarterly report, right?:bena:

Edited by jehurey
4 hours ago, jehurey said:

.......and they are not manufacturing any more Tegras.

That's the proof right there. They're already moving them over to Volta.

Where is your proof of that?  LMAO...  Developing a Switch Pro does not mean Switch reg and Switch lite cease production :sabu:

You guys are so fucking hilarious :hest: 

5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

But nah... they did all that restructuring, merging and changing in the entire development and long term strategy for one system alone.... and nothing else.... a family of ONE... lol:tom5:

Again fuckhead.... I never said Nintendo couldn't make another console with different Nvidia hardware. :trump2:

7 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

720p to 1080p is almost 2.5x the pixels. So even if the GPU is 3 times more powerful you're not going to go above 1080p.

The battery for 4K on a handheld would last for an hour if lucky.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

720p to 1080p is almost 2.5x the pixels. So even if the GPU is 3 times more powerful you're not going to go above 1080p.

Lol most games are sub sd on Ditch.  This could boost it to a solid 720p LMAO TSHBR