Kobe Bryant Dead at 41 (Helicopter Crash)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope

ban me bitch  

Who said that? Ben & Jerry?

ESPN's John Hollinger is reporting that Kobe's helicopter did not have a terrain detection warning system.

:francis:C'mon man. If Kobe knew such a thing existed, he would've demanded that it have every top-of-the-line safety feature for the vehicle he puts his family in.

Somebody in his camp failed to do their homework, or keep up with the latest. They got no reason to be cheap regarding his primary method of transportation.

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

ESPN's John Hollinger is reporting that Kobe's helicopter did not have a terrain detection warning system.

:francis:C'mon man. If Kobe knew such a thing existed, he would've demanded that it have every top-of-the-line safety feature for the vehicle he puts his family in.

Somebody in his camp failed to do their homework, or keep up with the latest. They got no reason to be cheap regarding his primary method of transportation.

It wasn't a feature that was adopted by regulators. 

The helicopter did not have a terrain awareness and warning system -- a safety feature which provides the pilot with information about the terrain, Homendy said.

The NTSB recommended that similar helicopters be equipped with the system after a fatal Texas crash in 2004 that killed 10 people. The Federal Aviation Administration failed to implement the recommendation, Homendy said. 

Edited by Goukosan

did it crash into a mountain or what happened? it was so foggy they were flying low? pilot couldn't see where he was flying? It got blown into a mountain?

I dun get it. Nigga drive a Lambo for the rest of your life if you're that rich.

2 minutes ago, kokujin said:

did it crash into a mountain or what happened? it was so foggy they were flying low? pilot couldn't see where he was flying? It got blown into a mountain?

I dun get it. Nigga drive a Lambo for the rest of your life if you're that rich.

The final maneuver appears to be the helicopter rising to 2100 ft (above sea level) and then turning left and going down to 1400 ft.

In that part of town, they are at 800 ft above sea level, and that's not including the hills, which would be higher.

He was going higher in elevation because he was trying to avoid a fog cloud, but we don't know why they dropped down to 1400 ft and turned left.

4 minutes ago, kokujin said:

If I could take a chopper rather than drive through LA traffic I’d do the same as him. Fuck that shit. Nothing makes me feel more suicidal than driving on the 405 freeway.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The final maneuver appears to be the helicopter rising to 2100 ft (above sea level) and then turning left and going down to 1400 ft.

In that part of town, they are at 800 ft above sea level, and that's not including the hills, which would be higher.

He was going higher in elevation because he was trying to avoid a fog cloud, but we don't know why they dropped down to 1400 ft and turned left.

Maybe he saw a hidden treasure chest, and was like "hol up.'

shoulda drove.  himself.