[RUMOUR] Resident Evil 8 is a FPS again, features Ethan, Zombies, Wolf-like enemies, a stalker enemy, Chris Redfield "in some capacity" and more

Can't wait.  RE7 was really good outside of the ending segment.  They have lots of stuff they could improve upon.  Better level design more in line with the beginning of RE7 than the end.  Better boss encounters and fights.  Actual enemy variety... different creatures, zombies, and molded.. could be awesome.  Maybe they'll redesign Chris again, or at least tweak him a bit to fall more in line with the quality of the RE2make and RE3make?  That would be great as well.

I think it's great they're sticking with the first person formula and improving upon it rather than making another third person one.  We have the REmakes for that, so this is good.. better to build off that foundation and give people something a bit different.  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:camby:Hard pass, 7 wasn't my cup of tea and I'm a Resident Evil fanatic. It's turning into something else and I'm not liking the direction.

If anything 7 was a return to form compared to 5 or 6. Level design, puzzles and actual resources management. 

And its the scariest RE game ever made.

I can understand not liking the first person gameplay but saying its turning into something else is kinda dumb.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just want it to have more complex puzzles. If they can improve that aspect then the game will be great.

Hmmm. There's so much more to an RE game but okay. I'd take atmosphere envio and pace over puzzles. 

15 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

RE7 did nothing for me, but this is definitely the way to go with the franchise for at least another entry or two. 

Yea.  I mean, they're essentially trying to cater to both parties with the REmakes and next titles in the series.  RE7 sold well enough and was well received enough to warrant building upon.  A lot of people actually liked RE7 more than RE2 Remake, so if they can fix some of the flaws with that game and add to it in the sequel, then RE8 should do even better.