Looks like all MS 1st party should be 60fps

They pretty much had that this gen with a few exceptions , glad to see it will continue , especially with a much bigger library 

While Microsoft won’t dictate what developers will optimise for on the Xbox Series X, Xbox head Phil Spencer said he’d prefer to play games with higher frame rates over those with a larger resolution. 

“As we were looking at the future, the feel of the games was definitely something that we wanted to have more focus on, not just throwing more pixels up on the screen.”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

jonb setting a standard of not being able to talk about games he hasn't played  The guy who talks about every sony first party having played none

This is gold too.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and it says right there they would prefer higher frame rates over a larger resolution. 

One has to give.   So the 60fps games won't be Max resolution (depending on the type of game of course) 

Well that's why there's VRS, reconstruction, scaling etc. Gears 5's reconstruction was so effective I could never even tell when it was lowering the resolution.

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

and it says right there they would prefer higher frame rates over a larger resolution. 

One has to give.   So the 60fps games won't be Max resolution (depending on the type of game of course) 

with 12tf, the more linear games should be 4k/60fps with ease. the larger scale ones will probably be dynamic. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well that's why there's VRS, reconstruction, scaling etc. Gears 5's reconstruction was so effective I could never even tell when it was lowering the resolution.

I get all that.   But you had people expecting Max Res + Max 60fps for all. games next gen. 

That is simply not happening. 

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I get all that.   But you had people expecting Max Res + Max 60fps for all. games next gen. 

That is simply not happening. 

Those people are idiots.  Consoles are NEVER going to have developers just focus on one thing... or have a platform holder mandate that all games hit a certain number.

The people pushing visuals will target 30 as usual, maybe we'll get 60fps modes with cut back visuals more often than before? but that stuff wont ever change.  I'd be disappointed if Sony didn't target 30fps and push visuals as far as they could with their key studios.  Depending on the game they are making, those story driven SP experiences don't require 60fps at all.

remove graphics modes on consoles and make 60 fps the new norm. I think it's long overdue. If you want to push graphics at 30fps make demos.

Just now, JONBpc said:

Everything is better at 60fps . Even Sonys shitty movie games.  60fps also looks better .

Fuck consoles next gen 30fps is normal . That's dinosaur shit .

to each is own. i like a 30 fps option if it means more effects. 

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Funny how lemmings are suddenly okay with reconstruction techniques now that Microsoft seems to be adopting Sony's strategy. Makes PS4 Pro appear to be ahead of its time. :trump:

It’s also funny when lemmings trash “movie” games, yet are excited for hellblade 2 :D 

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Funny how lemmings are suddenly okay with reconstruction techniques now that Microsoft seems to be adopting Sony's strategy. Makes PS4 Pro appear to be ahead of its time. :trump:

Whatever the resolution is , it will be higher on xbox . 

We know you guys dont care about resolution , even tho in the begging of the gen it was unplayable if it wasn't native LMAO

ON xBoX yOU cANt sEE THe EnEMIes

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Whe I see you post I think you might look like this Image1508769166641.thumb.jpg.e7b6deca3e3