Ori and the Will of the Wisps has gone gold

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Never said the Animation had anything to do with the framerate. 

I'm saying the Frame rate on Switch was more stable AND it also had smother animations on Switch....both were better on Switch... hence the Switch got the superior version. :shrug:

Well that's not what Bodycount said :shrug: 

You're the only one giving a shit about Ori having superior animations when the sequel is about to drop and looks much better :bena:

Just now, Remij_ said:

Well that's not what Bodycount said :shrug: 

You're the only one giving a shit about Ori having superior animations when the sequel is about to drop and looks much better :bena:

Nah... you're just salty because I said he is "Kinda right" :shrug:

While sheep are talking about an old port , we get

Yeah, you can say that again... We finished Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition in March of 2016 and then immediately started to work on Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It took us another 4 years again because we always wanted to make sure that WotW won't feel like a cheap cashgrab sequel. It would've been fairly easy to just take the stuff we had from Blind Forest and basically make a whole bunch of new levels and call it a day, but that's just not how Moon operates. We're trying to build the kinda studio that'll get the reputation Blizzard had pre-Activision: We always want gamers to know that when we shipped something, we tried our very best to deliver something remarkable. Ideally every game should become a masterpiece... even if it often feels like we're torturing ourselves, but in the end we're always happy if we were able to squeeze that last ounce of quality into something.

At the end of the day, the team always gets a huge push from seeing how fans react to the stuff that we made and we're currently in this weird state where we've lived and breathed Will of the Wisps for the past 4 years, but we've been very secretive overall, so most of you haven't seen anything yet. There's so much stuff in Will of the Wisps that will blow you folks away, things that we probably shouldn't even have done as a developer cause it was way too risky - but we did it anyway, cause everyone in the studio is constantly chasing quality.

I'm super proud of the team we built - It's not always been easy, but at the end of the day, I think we created something with Will of the Wisps that everyone will remember as something they'll be proud having been a part of.

So buckle up, folks, March 11th isn't far away anymore and I think Will of the Wisps is turning out to become an experience that most people didn't expect to come out of our studio. We're still small and scrappy, but I hope people will see Will of the Wisps as a true AAA-quality 2d game, something the industry usually doesn't support these days, cause it's a crazy thing to do.

Our folks who worked on Ori will take a short break after the release and then everyone will start working on the ARPG we've also been working on. This journey never ends, but I hope we'll make you all happy along the way :)