After doing some calculations, Bill Gates has enough money to feed every starving person in Africa every day for 140 years

14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"We're in poverty and can barely eat, let's pop out 8 kids we can't feed"

If you can't understand that these idiots perpetuate their existing fate then I don't know what to tell you. 

That's not a nice thing to say about red necks, take it back :mj2:

Edited by Goukosan
19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"We're in poverty and can barely eat, let's pop out 8 kids we can't feed"

If you can't understand that these idiots perpetuate their existing fate then I don't know what to tell you. 

Blame Christianity 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Why use Bill Gates as an example, hes actually pretty charitable for a billionaire.

Because he's still sitting on over a hundred billion  dollars. Is 500 million not enough?  Why does anyone need that much money? 

37 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Because he's still sitting on over a hundred billion  dollars. Is 500 million not enough?  Why does anyone need that much money? 

Its an unreasonable amount of money for a single person to have, but its also unreasonable to expect someone to give away 99% of the fortune they amassed through their own hard work.

And again, why single out Bill Gates? At least use a billionaire thats greedy and has no sense of morals as an example, like Jeff Bezos. My friend recently took a side job at a major amazon warehouse in our area and quit after 2 shifts. He straight up told me that job felt like a form of slavery.

Edited by Twinblade
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its an unreasonable amount of money for a single person to have, but its also unreasonable to expect someone to give away 99% of the fortune they amassed through their own hard work.

And again, why single out Bill Gates? At least use a billionaire thats greedy and has no sense of morals as an example, like Jeff Bezos. My friend recently took a side job at a major amazon warehouse in our area and quit after 2 shifts. He straight up told me that job felt like a form of slavery.

It's hilarious to think he can give away 99.2% of his money and he's still a billionaire 

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

Why is there this sudden requirement in late millennial society where in order for something to be acceptable it must be needed? Why is there this newfound hate for billionaires? The lives we all lead, the things we have, everything that we know and cherish beyond nature and people themselves are all the product and creation of those who became insanely wealthy as a result.

Someone has to spearhead these ventures, someone has to have the drive and ambition to come up with these things or bring people together in a way which manifests it. So many people want to make these things out to be some kind of a moral issue, it's not, it's an open market and consumerism decides whether or not a transaction is worthy of the trade off. 

Is my time and energy worth this wage? Is this product I may buy worth what I'm spending? That is capitalism, you have deemed what you give and what you get is worthy of the transaction and if it's not you refuse and go elsewhere. These people don't get rich by happenstance, they get rich because people have viewed what they get in return for what they give as a fair trade. Why should there be some cap to this? Why would anyone be against innovation? Why would anyone be upset with the existence of billionaires?

Without the potential to become a billionaire innovation would completely stagnate because the effort and work involved and required would not net a result that would be worth it. 

Billionaires (as in private) shouldn't exist in the first place, or there should be regulations to prevent those rich people to just sit on their money and do nothing all their lives. The world economy is fucked up in that regard which enables these lazy fucks. 

But I agree, they obviously won't be able to get rid of starvation just by feeding people but improving their quality of life. And many rich people do just that. Bill being one of them.

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Why is there this sudden requirement in late millennial society where in order for something to be acceptable it must be needed? Why is there this newfound hate for billionaires? The lives we all lead, the things we have, everything that we know and cherish beyond nature and people themselves are all the product and creation of those who became insanely wealthy as a result.

Someone has to spearhead these ventures, someone has to have the drive and ambition to come up with these things or bring people together in a way which manifests it. So many people want to make these things out to be some kind of a moral issue, it's not, it's an open market and consumerism decides whether or not a transaction is worthy of the trade off. 

Is my time and energy worth this wage? Is this product I may buy worth what I'm spending? That is capitalism, you have deemed what you give and what you get is worthy of the transaction and if it's not you refuse and go elsewhere. These people don't get rich by happenstance, they get rich because people have viewed what they get in return for what they give as a fair trade. Why should there be some cap to this? Why would anyone be against innovation? Why would anyone be upset with the existence of billionaires?

Without the potential to become a billionaire innovation would completely stagnate because the effort and work involved and required would not net a result that would be worth it. 

Billionaires can exist, as long as the pay their fair share in taxes.... you know "make America great again" like the 50s when Millionaires and Billionaires paid their fair share of taxes. 

Not like today when you have Billionaires and millionaires paying less taxes than middle class families...... That is ridiculous.